Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

City's and Races in AOC

A question that I have been pondering for some time is. Will city's have different architecture and lay outs if they are in different areas of the world or will all nodes be copy and pastes of one another just in different areas of the world? A follow up question is. Would the races have any influence on the city's? If a city is in lets say the elf lands. Will the buildings have elven themes and looks? Or will the nodes only be human themes?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    This has been known for a bit. As a node progresses from level to level, the architecture will reflect the race that contributed the most to the nodes progression during the preceding phase. So architecture will change over time. Cities will have different structure options to build and will not be "cookie cutter." There are 5 (2 sub for 4 each and Tulnar) races, so you will not only see human and elven. They have been showcased mainly in the videos because they are the two races with the most work  completed on them so far.

At the time this was written the KS stretch goal of Tulnar had not been added. There are 9 different architectures now.
  • Options
    @Zandoc123
    Even so, most of that sounds like it could be fixed via " polish "

@UnknownSystemError
    I figured that since the Tulnar has 3 characteristics, they would count as 3, right ?
    As opposed to the two Sub-classes
    •  Mammalian 
    • Reptilian 
    • Humanoid 
    • ( possibly others )
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Eragale said:
    @Zandoc123
    Even so, most of that sounds like it could be fixed via " polish "

@UnknownSystemError
    I figured that since the Tulnar has 3 characteristics, they would count as 3, right ?
    As opposed to the two Sub-classes
    •  Mammalian 
    • Reptilian 
    • Humanoid 
    • ( possibly others )

The Tulnar don't have sub-races as the other races but do allow the player to customize their appearance more than the other races.

https://youtu.be/UYn9in9UrEs?t=15m10s
    https://youtu.be/rx6xdibiRIk?t=1218
    https://youtu.be/ShzVKtEGORY?t=31m29s
  • Options
    @lexmax
    thank m8 Wasn't too sure on that. Still would be nice to see those soon though  o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I believe the Tulnar are all 3 wrapped into one and in character creation you can push your appearance towards one or the other.
  • Options
    That image was from waaaaay back and has been said to be not indicative of the Tulnar they are envisioning now. Some of those have become boss concepts.
  • Options
    I think USE somewhat alluded to this as well, but...
    In addition to the racial architecture, layout will also be determined by the specific buildings player governments/leaders choose to build.