Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What can we expect from the crafting system?

Call me Star Wars Galaxies fanboi, but I'd really love to see an in-depth resource and harvesting system that truly effects the stats/performance of craft-able items, as well as more branding for an artisans products so as to build a return market.  

Been trying to find some resources on what crafting might be like with AoC, but all I can find date back to 2017 and it's all very brief...  I'd imagine with the extensiveness of player cities and housing, there's gonna be a pretty cool crafting system. 

Anyone know of any resources for what the crafting system might be like?  

Comments

• Options
    They just went over this again during the last livestream. While specifics are limited they have stated that they want something comparable to SWG for crafting. To paraphrase Jeffrey "SWG had its problems, but the crafting system was seen as one of the best, we hope to do something similar." Realize the current development pass is focused on the combat system and crafting will not get focused until much later in the process, probably early-mid next year. So you are stuck with the rest of us wishlisting and hoping, until they feel they have enough information to give a more complete picture since specific non-connected information concerning mechanics and systems causes the "community" to torch and pitchfork up and "Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!" when they get a whiff of something not to "their" plan.
  • Options
    They just went over this again during the last livestream. While specifics are limited they have stated that they want something comparable to SWG for crafting. To paraphrase Jeffrey "SWG had its problems, but the crafting system was seen as one of the best, we hope to do something similar." Realize the current development pass is focused on the combat system and crafting will not get focused until much later in the process, probably early-mid next year. So you are stuck with the rest of us wishlisting and hoping, until they feel they have enough information to give a more complete picture since specific non-connected information concerning mechanics and systems causes the "community" to torch and pitchfork up and "Rabble, Rabble, Rabble!" when they get a whiff of something not to "their" plan.
    Thanks for the info!  Won't get too hyped, but definitely good to hear there is some SWG influence.  B)
  • Options
    Ohh I wanna name one of my wishlist items im hoping for crafting. Gosh i hope people agree with me on this one :smiley:

i hope the animal husbandry tree makes taming and breeding the same line so you dont need 2 characters just to be a breeder. Or taming as a general life skill leveled through experience n it levels. 

• Options
    I have high hopes when the term, "SWG crafting", gets thrown around. It really was an amazing, deep system and inspired a fantastic trade economy for each server. I hope they consider taking some cues from the player vendor/shops that were prevalent in SWG. I loved the management aspect of running a shop and actually having to go an advertise it at the star ports. Good times.