Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The letter

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited May 2018 in Fan Stories
I heard that in the lore there was a great war before the fallout, so perhaps I could imagine certain things going on, on the world of Verra, perhaps I could create a person story, an elf in this case, that went to the war to defend his land, He went to a very gorish war in the sea, he wrote so many letters to his friends, family and his wife. I am starting to write that story, I just want a feedback, if it is good or not, it may be perhaps kinda lame, but well, I need to try in order to suceed, right? Here it goes:

Tips: I don't know the name of the places and the typical names of the elf people, so Larya while is the name of his lover, it can be very well replaced with a more natural name, same goes to cities and kingdoms before the fallout, so if you see Edfana, is the name I gave for a kingdom for the Empyrian elfs, so here it goes:

The letter:

"At this moment, I close my eyes, with the wind blowing against my face, I am waiting to reach the other side of the sea without any conflict in this ocean. When I close my eyes, it comes back so many lights of the past, memories that stay in my mind.

And so when I close my eyes I remember you, how I miss you my love, how I feel an emptiness in my heart, not knowing how you are... I wish I were with you now, Larya. And I do not know if I can get out of here alive, I would give everything now to return to your side..

I write letters in the hope that the wind will take it to you, far from my homeland, far from Edfana, the land I fight for so much and wish to return to. I do not know if I will breathe after this political storm that generated this war. In all the battles I take with me the feeling I have for you and all the memories, I remember your soft face with a look of who did not want me to leave, from your voice I heard the words you did not want to say, you grabbed me and for one last gesture of yours, I felt your essence, it was a beautiful day of sun, so that tears filled your beautiful eyes.

Did you remember when we were younger? When did your father ever see me shoot arrows at a tree? On that day I was training to be the best, and I thank your father, for he was also a father to me. That same day I saw you for the first time, I do not know what happened, because I never felt like this, in my thoughts I took you, as time passed, the longer I would have to be with your father, to train more chances I had to see you. I saw you growing, as I grew up, it seemed mutual, not even the magic can be so fantastic compared to the times I saw and was with you, in our teenage years I did not resist, I looked into your eyes and your lips, in that moment of silence, I felt your face next to mine. We kissed each other, closed our eyes and traveled together from this place.

I grabbed you, made you mine, because I knew you wanted me to be yours aswell. We gave our hands. The sands of time passed, we grew up, I became a good hunter and went with your father to hunt various animals, he was a master. That day, when we were together, near the waterfall, I will never forget, so much affection and so much nervousness, I felt your heart beat very closer to mine, we joined and made our fire with our bodies.

Unforgettable times, all because you are extraordinary, all because of you. I bring a figure of yours with me, I want you to know that when I am between the sword and the wall, in certain difficult times, I think of you, because I will not die, I will fight, I will win, it must be, I have to do everything to see the day of tomorrow, the day that never comes, to see you again. If there are times that I fight with such courage, it is because of you, I have to live for you, to be with you once more.

The gods have bound us together, so I hope it will be like that until the end. For my dear Larya, I wish someday you will see this letter, even if it comes to be my end, I want you to know that I did not die in vain, until my last breath, I want you to know, that you were in my heart. I love you..."

And the battle of ships:

"From the distance, in a foggy afternoon, nothing we could see, just something at the distance. Brothers and sisters prepare to battle. A threat that appeared in a moment, that doesn't took too long for the storm to come, finally. In a middle of the sea, the two shipes crossed each other and a rain of arrows started, the bells of war rang, archers prepare to shoot, from the blue of the water of the ocean it became red. From the sky we could hear the thunder, lightning caused by the gods, from their protest while they were watching that grotesc battle. Fire was thrown by the flaming arrows from one ship to another, and from the fog, it transformed in flames. The enemy jumped to our ship and one more time, rain of blood and arrows filled both battle fields. In the end of the day, he woke up bellow from the corpses of brothers and sisters of battle and the enemy. He was the only survivor, ashes filled the ocean and his path. The day that never passed, happened and wounded he passed out, to wake up in the next day on a beach of the shore."

Comments

• Well that was a fantastic read please if you decide to make more please post them here I would love to read more ^^
  • nagash said:
    Well that was a fantastic read please if you decide to make more please post them here I would love to read more ^^
    thank you very much, that kind of coments gives me motivation to write more, ill try to make the full story ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    toshito said:
    nagash said:
    Well that was a fantastic read please if you decide to make more please post them here I would love to read more ^^
    thank you very much, that kind of coments gives me motivation to write more, ill try to make the full story ^^
    I look forward to reading more ^^
  • Interesting read, keep it up ! :3
    edited May 2018
    Interesting read, keep it up ! :3
    Thank you, im glad that you liked :)
  • Just one question. Were these two separate letters?
  • I really enjoyed this!
    edited June 2018
    makinoji said:
    Just one question. Were these two separate letters?
    Hey, Im sorry for the late response, nah it is just one letter, the battle of the ships is a excert from the story

CylverRayne - Thank you, I'm really happy that I'm getting good feedback, I'm still working for this story eheh it is taking a while cause of real life stuff :D