Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Character Creation/Customization?

What sort of options will we be given? Will we be able to customize faces/hair/tattoos/etc.?

Comments

• Options
    As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn't mean it will be exactly the same but it'll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.
  • Options
    [quote quote=5383]As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn’t mean it will be exactly the same but it’ll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.[/quote]
    Mwahaha, awesome! (I'm actually actively playing BDO.)

Think we'll be able to edit things like bodies/height? I guess it's pretty early on to know, I just like making my characters look unique and not easily mistakable for others' characters. Even if we can just choose from a couple bodytypes + height slider, I could dig that.

Do you have any particular hopes for it? One thing I've seen that's sorely lacking in most games are afro-textured hairstyles that aren't just big afros. (I'd love to get hairstyles <a href="http://imgur.com/a/jHKwW">like these</a>!)

Scars/tattoos would also be pretty cool!
  • Options
    [quote quote=5388]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/character-creationcustomization/#post-5383" rel="nofollow">Syadnom wrote:</a></div>
    As far as I know Intrepid is aiming to give us character customization similar to the one in BDO. It doesn’t mean it will be exactly the same but it’ll give us a lot of freedom while creating our characters.
    </blockquote>
    Mwahaha, awesome! (I’m actually actively playing BDO.)

Think we’ll be able to edit things like bodies/height? I guess it’s pretty early on to know, I just like making my characters look unique and not easily mistakable for others’ characters. Even if we can just choose from a couple bodytypes + height slider, I could dig that.

Do you have any particular hopes for it? One thing I’ve seen that’s sorely lacking in most games are afro-textured hairstyles that aren’t just big afros. (I’d love to get hairstyles <a href="http://imgur.com/a/jHKwW" rel="nofollow">like these</a>!)

Scars/tattoos would also be pretty cool!

[/quote]

I want to see it have a similar customization to the girls hair customization in BDO. Its amazing af! I want to edit my buoys hair and make him look like my oc!
  • Options
    If they achieve something along the lines of what BDO accomplished then I'll be very happy!
  • Options
    BDO did a fantastic job beyond creation and with character animation. The body movements are very realistic and fluid. I was happy to hear Intrepid is hoping to be comparable to BDO in terms of creation. I hope the animation will be similar as well. That would be sweet.
  • Options
    That would be both good and bad. The actual reason that I didn't play BDO was BECAUSE OF the character creation. You might ask me what is wrong with it? - AGE! OLD man and YOUNG women...... hell because of this BDO is bad from the start, and I hope this is not the case here....
    Character creation/appearance is enough to turn me off from playing an MMO, even if it's the best there can be.
  • Options
    I sure would like to see some concept art on the male and female races; especially Orcs, because there are many different concepts on that particular race, and as far as I know, I haven't seen any female orcs in Ashes concept art. If you do have some out please point me in that direction. :)
  • Options
    I'm hoping we can create our characters early. A character creation app? I take wayy too much time creating a character lol