Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Villains...Bounty...Corruption (addition)

What do you think about the villains in the game(Players who kill other players , lower, higher and same level  like villain). They get a bigger price or grow warrant. If a player kills 10 people, his warrant  grow and reward for his death grows, so if this guy dies they get a good reward. so other players may be able to team up with 3-4 players on that one, and going to chase him around the map until they kill him (Villain player maybe can have lower speed on mounts or something), or that the villain might have his own group or guild who is protecting him. So more people from the map or guild must come together against it to get a reward. I think this would be phenomenal. Maybe some improvements , but this came to my mind since I watched one piece now and it pulled me all away with the warrants.

Comments

• I'm saying this in a friendly way, you need to watch some videos and the Dev Blogs so you will be informed about what is already planned for the game.  Try looking up info on Corruption and Bounty Hunters.
  • Also, they have stated that there will be no "carrot" for anti-social play. Things that would gain you corruption will not be incentivized. The bounty hunter system is there as an ancillary system. They will not be making it attractive to players to gank others so that bounty hunters have more to do.
  • There will be plenty of people ganking others and thus bounties.

Literally human nature.
  • You put corruption in the title so I am surprised you have not heard of the Bounty system they already plan to implement. Hopefully you can skim around with the search function and be excited with the details found. 
  • Also, they have stated that there will be no "carrot" for anti-social play. Things that would gain you corruption will not be incentivized. The bounty hunter system is there as an ancillary system. They will not be making it attractive to players to gank others so that bounty hunters have more to do.
    That's slightly disappointing. While I probably will never be corrupted I think having secret corruption augments/titles/etc abilities (along with bounty hunter unlocks of the same nature) would really flesh out these things and give purpose to it beyond being incidental.
  • Will there be support to encourage villany / corruption?

• Steven: There are many systems that exist for villainy that don’t need to tie into the flagging system. The flagging system is a method for villains to be villains with added risk. However, Villains can be villains without risk if they participate in PvP situations like the sieging of cities, castles, caravans, guild wars, etc. We don’t want to incentivize griefing, we don’t want to incentivize pking, we do however want to incentivize meaningful PvP. I don’t want to hand a carrot to someone who PKs someone out in the wilderness just for PKing them, because ultimately what that should boil down to is whether that individual has weighed the opportunity over the risk enough to warrant going against the crime/flagging/corruption system. [45]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ZnoHtzaQeMs
  • A form of villainy may be a group of players who are mercenaries who are only held to their current contract. Any side in a siege could hire them, they would place their highly sought after PvP skills in the hands of the highest bidder. Someone might even hire them to stand aside and not get involved at all.

Some players would scream "Turncoats!" and worse at them but if there is sufficient gold in it for them they'll ignore the taunts and insults.
  • I think there will plenty mercenary guilds, hopefully a few of them are the "...highest bidder only..." crowd.
  • There would be no point in promoting the killing of other players by giving out rewards for it, there will probably be designated pvp spots or arenas that will reward winners.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Steven Sharif, the creative mind guiding the culture for this new MMO has made it really clear; if you are a griefer and PK'r of the unflagged, you will suffer great penalties and be reduced to an insignificant (greatly reduced attack power), unglamorous, whimp who will be immediately illuminated on the map for all honorable bounty hunters to whomp you, as it should be.  And, anyone who buffs that player in combat has the same fate.
  • @ashlynmae
    The exact penalties that will be implemented are unknown. Due to the language discrepancy in terms like 'griefer' and 'Pk'r' I assume you meant a player that continuously kills green players, in which case you are right.

If you kill a green player once, or likely a few times, the penalty from corruption will not likely be an end all to your character.

I agree with your post, just wanted to clarify for future readers. There has been many discussions about the terms 'griefer' and 'Pk'r' on these forums.
  • I personally don't have much of a background in MMO's, but I can say with certainty I WILL be killing someone just to taste their sweet flesh, but ONLY the 1 time, after all we're all a little corrupt.. :wink:
  • I believe it will be a mistake to lower a player's stats for killing other players. I would rather have it be more rewarding for who kills the Pk'r and then punish the Pk'r after death like maybe based on what crimes and the amount of crimes. Like Archeage did.
  • Developers played Archeage. They know what the problems with that system were. You don't have to like it, but it is coming.
  • If you don't use negative reinforcement to persuade players to not do things, they will do those things. IS doesn't want pointless PK in Ashes, so they are trying to persuade players not to do it. They are not telling players 'don't do it' just that they would prefer you don't unless you feel it is necessary and worthy of the corruption you will gain.
  • Imho fighting over best exp/farm grounds is one of the most exciting part of mmo. They ruined this part in Black Desert and it resuled in huge drop in active players. System should encourag to fight and punish for griefing and explointing. 
  • Karthos said:
    There will be plenty of people ganking others and thus bounties.

Literally human nature.
    I can't wait to start gan.......uuhhh collecting bounties!
  • Warkov said:
    Karthos said:
    There will be plenty of people ganking others and thus bounties.

Literally human nature.
    I can't wait to start gan.......uuhhh collecting bounties!
    you may say ganking I say making sure you help people get revenges twofold ^^