Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Gambling Your Gear !!!!!!

so i was thinking of a system that allows you to gamble your gear through crafting. you have a chance to upgrade your gear  if successful, or downgrade if not successful through using an item. ( upgrade stones ) etc. earning these stones can range through a lot of possibilities like mob drops, weekly quest, big events etc. the point is, it will make the users feel unique and can be addictive to all players.  upgrading your existing gear will of course have a stat cap, but the higher you upgrade, the lower the chance to be successful.most likely players  will lose all their fortunes lol.

Comments

• There will be enchanting.
  • T-Elf said:
    There will be enchanting.
    Very succinctly put - Any mechanic that negatively impacts the economy should be disregarded.

Find or buy the necessary mats then take them to the relevant crafter where a few gold can change pockets.

And about mob drops - Why would a wolf, bear, etc have anything beyond their own useful mats (eyes, teeth, claws, etc) ? This is a land that has not seen the likes of the races for thousands of years.
    Please devs, let's have nothing like wolf pups dropping two-handed battle axes. At least until the number of player deaths reach a considerable number.

• No RNG while crafting/enchanting please.
    If my character has the skills and materials and place, why would they fail?
    I know, irl all sorts of horrible things can go wrong with crafting, but is there any evidence things can go wrong with magically enchanting things?
  • Azathoth said:
    No RNG while crafting/enchanting please.
    I know, irl all sorts of horrible things can go wrong with crafting, but is there any evidence things can go wrong with magically enchanting things?

In addition, they have been clear that the little rng that is on enchanting will be towards vertical progression, not horizontal. So the only time you will take a chance on getting a bad result is when you are trying to boost something beyond its normal power level. They will not be providing materials in the store to reduce loss chance and all the other dirty shit that certain games with rng crafting and enchanting have pulled.
  • GodGear said:
    so i was thinking of a system that allows you to gamble your gear through crafting. you have a chance to upgrade your gear  if successful, or downgrade if not successful through using an item. ( upgrade stones ) etc. earning these stones can range through a lot of possibilities like mob drops, weekly quest, big events etc. the point is, it will make the users feel unique and can be addictive to all players.  upgrading your existing gear will of course have a stat cap, but the higher you upgrade, the lower the chance to be successful.most likely players  will lose all their fortunes lol.
    dude please go play archeage and never tell about regrade anymore on this game  :# 
  • I am thankful the limited RNG will just be on enchanting and not weapons and armor building. RNG is EVIL!!!
  • Dont know why anyone would like to give it up to chance for crafting, if you got the skill then there is no reason to fail, please save me from pointless grinding. Enchanting having some rng mechanic is still understandable kind of like mixing different chemicals always a chance for things to go wrong :3
  • https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Enchanting

They do say there will be a potential risk of destroying items while over-enchanting them. This is for making them more powerful. I don't really like this kind of stuff but I guess it is an item-sink so it sounds good to me.
  • GodGear said:
    this system has been done in multiple games. Its a terrible system one that would be a deal breaker for me.
  • Though totally against RNG in crafting - and glad it ain't happening in AoC - I do think it would be good if you could wager your gear and items (whether discovered, crafted or whatever) in a tavern bet. . .if you were that desperate, stupid or drunk enough to want to, for a mutually-agreed amount. It does happen in real life! 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    At first I was worried about possible p2W mechanics and intentionally throwing the game. But the more I thought about it the more it sounded like any other shop transaction.

I could be down with betting gear.
  • Sounds like that shitty mobile Lineage 2 game.....Yuck
  • Lineage 2 (not the knock off mobile) has a serious rng problem with most things (.001% rates on p2w shit), but the enchanting RNG worked very well. It was 60% success and 40% fail. There is a trick to it, but you can use math and ensure you get what you want. No trickery need be involved. If you failed you did lose your gear, but got some resource back in return. What this really did was add a ton of economic value to the over enchanted gear.

I wouldn't mind this system, it was reasonably fair and a decent item sink.
  • Azathoth said:
    No RNG while crafting/enchanting please.

In addition, they have been clear that the little rng that is on enchanting will be towards vertical progression, not horizontal. So the only time you will take a chance on getting a bad result is when you are trying to boost something beyond its normal power level. They will not be providing materials in the store to reduce loss chance and all the other dirty shit that certain games with rng crafting and enchanting have pulled.
    See to me that's not gambling that risk vs reward. You can have a low-level gear and buff it with runes and make it much stronger, yet at the same time it may blow up in your face as the runes are too strong to be held in a weak piece of gear. I really like how they seem to go about it