Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Keeper of the Refuge: Second Guild Hall

So…. I pondered what Kickstarter above ‘braver of worlds’ should entail IF there is more than one of these donors? The subject of interest is guild halls. Why not allow that guild with two or more such accounts to either add enhancements to the main guild at its location, or found an alternate location? Why? As both a safe haven should the original / main guild be wiped OR for unique products for the locale (easier to port to a fishing village versus a city forge). As a cardinal rule, this should be restrained as not to nerf caravans. There are many reasons to have associated guild halls (big or small).  Wondering how to amalgamate super donors in one guild?  Indeed, this is the foundation of a uber guild from the start.  I, like them, are a fickle bunch not wanting leadership but looking for the right fit.  Just saying.  Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Would that not be pay 2 win?
    Since those with more money had access to more of an advantage, especially since you are indicating those packages should have access to 'back up guild locations' yet others would not.

No pay to win, especially for guilds.
    No pay for enhancements, skins yes, enhancements no.
    No pay for extra guild hall locations.
    No pay for special privileges.
    No uber guilds, guilds should not be able to recruit more than standard guilds because of money spent in real life.

Guilds are a choice, you don't have to be in one nor do you have to decide never to be in one. Why should guilds have bonus advantages because they are guilds?

I'm not sure how this idea coincided with the vision IS has stated they have for Ashes.

TL/DR: Imo, no.

• Options

... Why not allow that guild with two or more such accounts to either add enhancements to the main guild at its location, or found an alternate location? Why? As both a safe haven should the original / main guild be wiped OR for unique products for the locale (easier to port to a fishing village versus a city forge)...

---

I am under the impression from Braver of Worlds and up all that grants are guild hall skinned apparel or guild hall skins, along with the name reservation.

Are you suggesting that all guilds should be able add enhancements for free, even if the owner did not purchase a higher tier than Braver of Worlds?

By enhancements are you indicating things that are skins, or things that are advantageous?

Are you suggesting that all guilds should be allowed multiple guild housing?

Should all guilds have access to unique products?

I think if you had a named guild, with a KS skin, and it was wiped you could just build a new one. Not sure why there would need to be a back up.

Not sure why you mentioned anything above Braver of Worlds if you weren't referring to a specific cost donated to the game and rewards specifically for those packages.

I clearly misunderstood, and still do not understand, your intent with the OP.

• Options
    I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to ask for. Maybe I am just tired. 
  • Options
    Well, it seems like a valid question. There are obviously going to be 2+ people with these guild hall skin packages in the same guild. My guess is that regardless of this, only the leader or officers will be able to apply such a skin, and anyone else who has one will just watch it go to waste. Oh well. Not everyone is going to be a guild leader. 

Would it be cool if it could go to some use? Yeah. Again, oh well.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Holy-Shiv said:
    Well, it seems like a valid question. There are obviously going to be 2+ people with these guild hall skin packages in the same guild. My guess is that regardless of this, only the leader or officers will be able to apply such a skin, and anyone else who has one will just watch it go to waste. Oh well. Not everyone is going to be a guild leader. 

Would it be cool if it could go to some use? Yeah. Again, oh well.
    Ahhhh...thanks for clarifying the point for me. @Holy-Shiv

• Options
    @Sintu @Holy-Shiv
    I think I understand now, sorry for any added confusion.