Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hard medium easy mode?

Thanks all for help,but i mean hard game(mode) - player has some more priority(more exp,more gold,get better skills....

Comments

• I think for an MMO with all servers created equally it would be hard to accomplish.
    Difficulty is a matter of perspective and time to train, allowing someone to choose a higher difficulty because they have more time to do better (or are just naturally better) and then rewarding them seems counter intuitive to what IS is going for with Ashes.

It's not a sport, so better athletes don't need to be paid more for a higher bracket of play. If you're better you will naturally prosper more anyways.

I hope the game is difficult enough for you, best of luck :wink:
  • Only ONE game mode and the same type of servers with the same rule sets for everyone.
  • Undestand thank you very much

• Not sure why you keep trying to bring in single player game mechanics into an mmo. MMOs have always had different rewards for different content so if you want more exp/loot/gold/etc then do raids or world bosses. Maybe they'll even have a heroic version of dungeons or group zones where the enemies are so powerful you should only explore in a group. Each of your ideas would fragment the community which is anti-mmo when there are already mechanics in mmos for years that would satiate these wants.
  • For example : play hard get better abillities for the charecter 
    1.lvl 10 strg 10 agi 10 int ...-easy mode.  1.lvl 10(+5) str 10(+4) agi 10(+7) int.Is it more correct to understand? 
  • For example : play hard to get better abillities for the charecter 
    1.lvl 10 strg 10 agi 10 int ...- EASY mode.  1.lvl 10(+5) str 10(+4) agi 10(+7) int - HARD mode.Is it more correct to understand? Modes where you can get max point for each abillities during each lvl of the hero
  • Works great in single player rpgs that are not dependent on population for content. Different difficulty levels, hardmode, ironman, new game + options are all pretty standard. The problem occurs when mmos try the same thing, fracturing the possible server player count and adding extra balance issues to an already monumental job of trying to balance multiple classes and abilities. There will be no pvp only, pve only, hardcore, easy-mode, or any other tag you want to throw on "I wants to play with mah ruleset!" servers. One server type across the board that over time different content will rise and fall is what they have promised, and what you're going to get.
  • Works great in single player rpgs that are not dependent on population for content. Different difficulty levels, hardmode, ironman, new game + options are all pretty standard. The problem occurs when mmos try the same thing, fracturing the possible server player count and adding extra balance issues to an already monumental job of trying to balance multiple classes and abilities. There will be no pvp only, pve only, hardcore, easy-mode, or any other tag you want to throw on "I wants to play with mah ruleset!" servers. One server type across the board that over time different content will rise and fall is what they have promised, and what you're going to get.

Making multiple threads because you are not getting the answer you want does not increase the chances of you changing hearts and minds.
  • Please stop making new discussion threads with virtually the same question. 
  • Kerangar said:
    For example : play hard get better abillities for the charecter 
    1.lvl 10 strg 10 agi 10 int ...-easy mode.  1.lvl 10(+5) str 10(+4) agi 10(+7) int.Is it more correct to understand? 
    So what happens when you have an easy mode player attacking a hard mode player? How would you handle that?

The only think I could possibly think that a hardmode could work is just a damage received multiplier but that is still a horrible idea. It is hard enough to balance 8 classes with one difficulty... but this game has 64... so you want them to balance an mmo around 64 classes AND a hardmode? It'll either be too easy for easy mode or too hard for hardmode. No one would be happy. Also, again, this would divide the community. Stick with hardmode dungeons and raids and let's call it good.
  • Not sure why you keep trying to bring in single player game mechanics into an mmo. MMOs have always had different rewards for different content so if you want more exp/loot/gold/etc then do raids or world bosses. Maybe they'll even have a heroic version of dungeons or group zones where the enemies are so powerful you should only explore in a group. Each of your ideas would fragment the community which is anti-mmo when there are already mechanics in mmos for years that would satiate these wants.

So what happens when you have an easy mode player attacking a hard mode player? How would you handle that? 

The only think I could possibly think that a hardmode could work is just a damage received multiplier but that is still a horrible idea. It is hard enough to balance 8 classes with one difficulty... but this game has 64... so you want them to balance an mmo around 64 classes AND a hardmode? It'll either be too easy for easy mode or too hard for hardmode. No one would be happy. Also, again, this would divide the community. Stick with hardmode dungeons and raids and let's call it good.
  • This member and post topic has just transitioned into troll territory.
  • Pretty sure his threads have been merged lmao
  • Thanks i ve understand

• Sintu said:
    Only ONE game mode and the same type of servers with the same rule sets for everyone.
    This.
  • Kerangar said:
    Thanks i ve understand

It's all good man. Everyone wants to add things they think are cool to a game they love. Sometimes language barriers really prevent you from explaining what you want but I think we know what you are saying. It's just this genre really benefits from pushing all the community together.
  • Thanks