Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Randomization before release.

I'm curious about something. Sometime throughout the alphas and betas, I presume, we'll be figuring out which nodes are divine, economic, militaristic, or scientific. PVP guilds will be figuring out which nodes become militaristic. Maybe crafter guilds will be finding out which nodes are economic, etc.... Do we know if these nodes will be randomized before release so that we will have to figure it all out again when we head out into Verra upon release? (I hope so)

This may have already been discussed and answered, but I don't see much beyond the walls of this forum and some of the Twitch stream videos. Nodes may already be randomized for all I know. 

I just had this assumption that beneath the levels of advancement for each node, it's already predetermined what the ultimate outcome will be for these nodes, be it militaristic, scientific, divine, or economic.

If thats the case, at which of the six stages do we uncover what outcome the node will ultimately have?

Comments

• Nodes have not been confirmed as changing upon live release. You can determine the node type from level one on and it does not change, even if destroyed down to level 0. Once the node "pops" at level one, specific npcs will populate the camp that tell you what kind of node it is going to be. Soldiers for military, priests for religious, scholars for scientific, and merchants for economic. Certain nodes are specifically placed in a certain place for certain reasons. For example the 3 mini-nodes surrounding the 5 pvp castle objectives are always military. There may be other requirements that have not been revealed as of yet. Remember that there are also island and Underrealm nodes to throw even more into the mix.
    <Speculation> the theorycrafting by myself and couple others from what we know of node mechanics points toward there being at least 90-100 nodes for the system to even work the way they envision, so there will be plenty of choice.
  • Nodes have not been confirmed as changing upon live release. You can determine the node type from level one on and it does not change, even if destroyed down to level 0. Once the node "pops" at level one, specific npcs will populate the camp that tell you what kind of node it is going to be. Soldiers for military, priests for religious, scholars for scientific, and merchants for economic. Certain nodes are specifically placed in a certain place for certain reasons. For example the 3 mini-nodes surrounding the 5 pvp castle objectives are always military. There may be other requirements that have not been revealed as of yet. Remember that there are also island and Underrealm nodes to throw even more into the mix.
    <Speculation> the theorycrafting by myself and couple others from what we know of node mechanics points toward there being at least 90-100 nodes for the system to even work the way they envision, so there will be plenty of choice.
    Back at it again. You're an animal.
  • We don't know how much access to the map(s) we will have during beta.
    Might be restricted access until launch/headstart.
  • well only people who paid for the three-day head start will get an idea of the game as the alpha and betas are going to be completely different to release date 
  • Betas won't be completely different.
    Possibly significantly different.
    I only recall reset; not a completely new map.
  • nagash said:
    well only people who paid for the three-day head start will get an idea of the game as the alpha and betas are going to be completely different to release date 
    Small point. It is two day max head start.
  • nagash said:
    well only people who paid for the three-day head start will get an idea of the game as the alpha and betas are going to be completely different to release date 
    I know I was just pointing out that it would be hard to have the whole map known in the first 2 days especially as there no fast travel 
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    I know I was just pointing out that it would be hard to have the whole map known in the first 2 days especially as there no fast travel 
    This is especially true, given that the node leveling system will be turned off for those head start days, meaning all nodes will be locked at level 0 until full launch.

We'll be able to see where the nodes are, but not what they are.
  • I'd be genuinely surprised if there wasn't a server wipe prior to launch.  Other than getting a jump on your character/guild names, I see everything else being reset.
  • Warkov said:
    I'd be genuinely surprised if there wasn't a server wipe prior to launch.  Other than getting a jump on your character/guild names, I see everything else being reset.
    It has been confirmed there will be a wipe before the launch of the game.  The more important question this thread is asking is IF the nodes are randomized or if they have a set pattern so that those in the beta would be able to map out before hand where the possible individual nodes are located and which type each one is.  For example if you are looking for a Military node, if these locations are not randomized then you will know which node to build up before the servers go live the first day.  However if they are randomized you will have to level up the node to 1 in order to see what type of node it is.

Randomization would be the hopeful way to go but i just do not know if code wise that is feasible or the more business savvy way to go from  Intrepids perspective.

As others have pointed out the node system will not be turned on for those with a head start so i imagine a good bit of low level pvp will be going on for the first few days.  
  • @Sintu Thanks for clarifying that.  I guess I need to brush up on my reading skills, lol.