Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Preparatory Question for Next AOC Live Stream for High Kickstarter Contributors

Greetings: This directed toward AOC folks in the know. How do you plan to integrate Kickstarter contributors above ‘braver of worlds' in a same guild? In other words, should a guild leader be ‘braver of worlds,’ and there are 'leaders of men' and 'royalty' (as example not wanting leadership), how will your team try to compromise benefits to that guild?  Example, will you combine cloaks and barding? What about guild hall appearances? Any comments appreciated. Please rally to this post, least it be buried. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    These have been answered. There is one guild leader. That person would be who the account recognizes as the person able to apply the guild hall appearances. If they were to transfer the guild to someone else while it was assigned, they would lose it. Guild rewards become property of the guild. So as a person with guild perk rewards, you better be damn sure that is the guild you want to have your stuff before you assign it, because if you leave, you don't get them back. I'm sure that someone is going to come in a complain about "Well, they haven't thought of this situation!!" They will have guidelines in place towards rewards, and probably even have a spiffy pop-up warning and confirmation to assist the reading challenged. Will there be one or two that ignore all the information, assign their barding, then leave that guild, and whine, bitch and moan, with "I was lied to and I'm gonna sue!" internet lawyer arguments? Sure. Always a couple ignorant twits, but the majority will understand the system.

edited June 2018

B-)

• How do you plan to integrate Kickstarter contributors above ‘braver of worlds' in a same guild? In other words, should a guild leader be ‘braver of worlds,’ and there are 'leaders of men' and 'royalty' (as example not wanting leadership), how will your team try to compromise benefits to that guild?  Example, will you combine cloaks and barding? What about guild hall appearances? [Convince me to spend another $1500 to become royalty even though it doesn’t count toward my guild allegiance?  Skafftaruss.]

• Why repeat the question? You asked. I gave you the answer as they have released so far. Spend your money or don't. You being royalty or not has absolutely no effect on gameplay and your guild will not be more "uber" because of the number of whales you claim to recruit.
    edited June 2018

It would have been nice to share my claimed goods with guild mates. Oh well.  

• I think the bot is broken.
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like it only unlocks permissions item allowances. So having more than 1 design cloak guild hall appearance probably won't have any effect. Sounds like you'd just have people donate their permissions designate their items (if they want) and then the guild master will create determine the appearances of all the crap. Since the kickstarter exclusives are presumably all the same appearance-wise having one is the only thing that matters. After that the 10 barding/cloak/wtv should be additive, so having 4 people with it, I'd assume, would give you 40 of each. The design would be determined by what the guild master has set.

@UnknownSystemError
    your posts always make me smile.
  • he is the lifeblood of the forums out @UnknownSystemError
    edited July 2018

Will you allow Kickstrater above ‘leader of men’ to donate their respective awards to the leader of their guild? As example, a ‘braver’ is the leader of the guild, and two ‘leaders of men’ and one ‘royalty’ join that guild. What compromise may be in the works to accommodate this situation. The cloaks and barding?  What about the guild hall locations?  It be known, those not trying to be an uber guild, but happen stance meaning the best?

edited July 2018
    See Diura's comment below.  :-)
  • I pledge Royalty. But not without a reciprocal pledge from Steven. And we know he is wise.

• I guess multiple players can assign their guild skins to the one guild ^^
  • From my understanding, if you bring the guild hall skin and guild bardings that the Leader of Men pack (for example) has, your guild had use if these until you leave that guild. It then follows you where ever you go.

Regardless of if your the guild leader or not.
  • I feel like I need a adult to be here
  • Snuggle with me and Karthos - we will have a trilogy of delights?
  • I will pass but you two have a wonderful night ^^
  • I have removed a number of inappropriate comments from this thread. We are here to discuss the game of Ashes, not make lewd and inappropriate remarks, especially when these are directed at other community members. Please keep in mind the community guidelines before you post <3

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1
  • lexmax said:
    I have removed a number of inappropriate comments from this thread. We are here to discuss the game of Ashes, not make lewd and inappropriate remarks, especially when these are directed at other community members. Please keep in mind the community guidelines before you post <3

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/6855/read-me-community-guidelines-code-of-conduct/p1
    Thank you Lex. I could feel my innocent mind being warped and twisted.
  • Never Accepted the Answer. Yet someone did?  The deep state.
  • I still think there could be an issue of someone joining a guild, donating some skins, then being kicked out. These skins should follow the owner if that's the case, and not stay with the guild. 
  • I think the goal was to be the guild leader, not a follower. I don't know, maybe a Leader of Men.
  • And it would be a system tracking nightmare for them. So which of the 50 bardings in the guild count as yours and need to be removed as skins from the 10 players that may be using them. Or they just say fuck it and let people go from guild to guild dropping their sets as bardings as gifts. Simple enough, you assign those gifts to the guild, then you better be sure that is the guild you want to stay with.
  • Holy-Shiv said:
    I still think there could be an issue of someone joining a guild, donating some skins, then being kicked out. These skins should follow the owner if that's the case, and not stay with the guild. 
    I agree with this.  I could easily see guilds exploiting players for their perks, and then dumping them out.  
  • Warkov said:

I agree with this.  I could easily see guilds exploiting players for their perks, and then dumping them out.  
    Well the only way is to keep the perks to yourself. Find out first if a guild is right for you. If you let it slip you have some perks dont be pressured into handing them over. Remember your doing the guild a favor not the other way around.

I suppose in the event the guild falls apart you could make a case to get your perks back again. That should not be that hard to do.
    When you do finally give a guild your perks, have a "Are your sure " question if they are not 100% happy they can decline.

• Warkov said:

Well the only way is to keep the perks to yourself. Find out first if a guild is right for you. If you let it slip you have some perks dont be pressured into handing them over. Remember your doing the guild a favor not the other way around.

I suppose in the event the guild falls apart you could make a case to get your perks back again. That should not be that hard to do.
    When you do finally give a guild your perks, have a "Are your sure " question if they are not 100% happy they can decline.

The problem is that other players would be able to easily determine if a player has those perks just based on the display of other cosmetics & perks that they use. So I would bet that there would still be pressure then to donate as soon as the person joined.  Over the years I've seen quite a bit of insidious guild drama, and it wouldn't take the unscrupulous much to trick people into thinking they are a nice guild so they can use those people for the perks, and then spit them out.  

However, the converse is an issue too, if we let perks travel with the player.  A player could get unreasonably mad, and as revenge, leave a good guild just to withdraw the perks.  This could even be a meta tactic.  I'm not sure what a equatable solution would be for both parties involved, but the devs have seemingly made their decision, so I guess this is all moot
  • Warkov said:

This could even be a meta tactic.  I'm not sure what a equatable solution would be for both parties involved, but the devs have seemingly made their decision, so I guess this is all moot
    You bring up a good point, maybe what has been discussed here has been over looked by the devs. But I hope its not a moot subject.
  • Why not form an alliance guild all to your self?
    If your alliance falls apart you still have a guild with all of your gifts.
    If your alliance is steadfast forever, then at least your guild house and members look (potentially) better than others.
    If players decide they don't want to be in your guild, they can go elsewhere and you still keep the skins.

I am under the impression those skins were specifically for guild leaders or at least co-leaders. So joining a random guild and just handing over your skins doesn't make any sense. Why not hold them until you know for sure where you will be long term?

As for "guild pressure" to hand over skins, that's dumb af. Why would you let people that decided to start their own guild use you for your skins? They started the guild, so until you feel like they are brothers that you can trust through thick and thin, why give them anything but play time and courtesy?

Be a Leader of Men or a member of Royalty and command a group of dedicated followers, don't be a follower.
  • Half of my daily conversations are passive aggressive and sarcastic so that I would be kicked in a day.
    edited July 2018
    Bacon: Head of all dwarves and high kickstarter folk. 
  • I dunno if we want to encourage that sort of behavior by giving them a badge to be honest.

Although I personally wasn't offended by anything said on here because, well you know, words are wind, there are people with more easily ruffled feathers. I can see this " Agitation Badge" being an incentive for people just being a dick for dickiness sake rather than to be funny as intended.