Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Let's talk about Verra

Is this a statue of Verra? Before you say, "No, that's stupid. Verra is the planet," remember that most planets are named after people. Gods mostly, except Uranus. I don't know how that got it's name. lol. 

What is the lore of Verra, not the planet, the person the planet is named after? She must have an awesome backstory if they named a planet after her. Is magic Verra's life force? 

Comments

• Intrepid is tight lipped on lore right now. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    Yep, they are trying to avoid everyone knowing it all before launch. Instead, they want a lot of it to be discovered as people explore Verra.

Here is where people are talking about it:  https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/lore  
  • That statue looks like a giant owl man though.  :open_mouth:

....and about Uranus (mythology) Uranus (/ˈjʊərənəs, jʊəˈreɪnəs/; Ancient Greek Οὐρανός, Ouranos [uranós] meaning "sky" or "heaven") was the primal Greek god personifying the sky and one of the Greek primordial deities. His name in Roman mythology was Caelus.
  • Caelus. I like that name. Very interesting!
  • It may be one of the gods but I don't think its Verra. by the looks of where it is and what it's wearing, I would maybe say a goddess of life. 
  • nagash said:
    It may be one of the gods but I don't think its Verra. by the looks of where it is and what it's wearing, I would maybe say a goddess of life. 
    @nagash So it is your best bud right???   :p
  • Sintu said:
    nagash said:
    It may be one of the gods but I don't think its Verra. by the looks of where it is and what it's wearing, I would maybe say a goddess of life. 
    @nagash So it is your best bud right???   :p
    oh, we go way back. she was always so kind to everyone but as soon as you got to know her she changed into this obsessive god who would not leave you alone
  • Are y'all assuming gender of the statue???
    edited July 2018
    Are y'all assuming gender of the statue???
    Is it assuming if personally knew her?
  • nagash said:
    Maybe she's the goddess of death and she's wearing a robe to cover up her bony hips. She could be looking at the sunset instead of the sunrise. Maybe the statue's appearance changes at night.
  • Looks like a mother holding a sick or tired (or, morbidly dead) child, not a baby.
    I say this because most statues of people of grandeur that big would have a profile from almost any angle that would showcase their arms, hands, or an implement they might be holding. However, on the left it looks like smaller limp legs and feet and on the right a possible head.

But, this is likely looking too far into what is likely a statue of a priest/priestess type figure by the headdress, veil and robes. As for the type of god, since and religious node can be developed for any god, I couldn't begin to guess. Sunrise/set wouldn't help me. A clue might be it was built outside of town, on a hilltop, looking over the city.
  • nagash said:
    Is it assuming if persanly knew her?
    Oh that's right, y'all used to hook up back in High school or something, my bad 
  • Only to later find out that it is an insignificant pile of rocks created by a cult of the spaghetti god.
  • nagash said:
    she was my crazy cousin who acted like a older sister
  • According to the email I just received, these statues are, " giants of the fallen civilizations that came before." So we know it isn't a statue of Dilia's mom because she was a dwarf. 
  • I have a question , if Verra is a planet , who said the its a she? may be it`s a he or may be it`s a legendary creature...who knows for sure i don`t think Verra is even human (as origins for example)
  • beyond89 said:
    I have a question , if Verra is a planet , who said the its a she? may be it`s a he or may be it`s a legendary creature...who knows for sure i don`t think Verra is even human (as origins for example)
    Well in my cultures female names tend to end with an A and Verra does sound like a female name too :3 
  • Fair enough @AutumnLeaf about the culture site, because in me culture i have female names that does not end in a A :smile:  
  • beyond89 said:
    I have a question , if Verra is a planet , who said the its a she? may be it`s a he or may be it`s a legendary creature...who knows for sure i don`t think Verra is even human (as origins for example)
    the idea came for our world which is called Terra also known as mother nature so it would make sense for Verra to be a female god as well.
    edited August 2018
    hmm....godesses...i like them :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley: 
    i get it :smile:

• nagash said:
    nagash said:
    And a wonderful lover
  • Spun666 said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    And a wonderful lover

• nagash said:
    beyond89 said:
    the idea came for our world which is called Terra also known as mother nature so it would make sense for Verra to be a female god as well.
    Roman's just ripped off the gods from the Greeks xD it's Gaia ;)
  • nagash said:
    beyond89 said:
    Every culture had their own but Verra and Terra are the same in all honesty ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    beyond89 said:
    You dont say xD maybe they are distant relatives ?
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    beyond89 said:
    Now that you mention it ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    beyond89 said:
    Now that you mention it ^^
    After searching the depths of the forbidden archives I have found this worn out piece of parchment no doubt showcasing to us the undeniable proof.