Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Is the game pseudo pay 2 win?

Can anything I buy with real cash give me an advantage in game?

What ever happened with that referal system? That sounded a little sketchy like a pyramid scheme is it live already?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    No for the first question.

The referral system is in place and is the same system in place for most games only instead of it only be available to content creators it is available to everyone. If anything Intrepid is being more fair to the player base then any other game. 
    edited July 2018
    I know all my bad ass cosmetics are going to make me so much more able to PK it isn't even funny.

For sure all the people that pay for a sub that also donate to my sub due to referral system are putting gold straight into my mains bank. I am rolling in gold and the game hasn't even been released.
  • Since having achieved gold diamond level with my referrals my life is incredible. I received my first payout from all the people in my downline and bought a new yacht and got me a Russian trophy wife just like my idol. Life is good at the apex of the pyramid. Please use my referral link if you want to find out how you can make money working from home. My cousin's brother's aunt makes 6k USD a week with little or no effort. Here is a picture of me on my new yacht. 
    Image result for borat on yacht image
  • Jestahr said:
    Can anything I buy with real cash gi9ve me an advantage in game?

What ever happened with that referal system? That sounded a little sketchy like a pyramid scheme is it live already?
    Simply put, no. 

I've only just started diving into podcasts and reading the year old  offical posts and working my way up. Game is in no way pay 2 win. Steven has said on multiple occasions that you can only buy cosmetic items for in game. 

So I take that as you can't buy armor, potions, weapons or any other item that will give you an advantage in any way, shape or form. 
  • Everyone is already rolling in the dough.. :open_mouth:
    :cookie:

• So I take that as you can't buy armor, potions, weapons or any other item that will give you an advantage in any way, shape or form. 
    This is totally accurate.

On top of this though, items from the shop won't be able to be traded, nor will they be able to be gifted.

Basically, you can only buy cosmetics from the store, and can only use them on the account they were purchased on.
  • Lmao what the fuck is wrong with you guys xD. Mans probably new here and y'all just cracking jokes  :D
  • Lmao what the fuck is wrong with you guys xD. Mans probably new here and y'all just cracking jokes  :D
    Gotta break 'em down and break 'em in!
  • Jestahr said:

In regards to the "pyramid scheme" aspect, I think it's good to point out that this system won't work like that.  In a traditional pyramid scheme, the bulk of the wealth flows upwards to the top (thus the name).  In this system, If I recruit someone and then they recruit more people, those people "feed" my recruit, which lets them spend LESS, which means I inherit LESS from them.
    edited July 2018
    tinukeda said:
    Jestahr said:

In regards to the "pyramid scheme" aspect, I think it's good to point out that this system won't work like that.  In a traditional pyramid scheme, the bulk of the wealth flows upwards to the top (thus the name).  In this system, If I recruit someone and then they recruit more people, those people "feed" my recruit, which lets them spend LESS, which means I inherit LESS from them.
    This right here. I don't think people who habe an issue with this system really understand how either a pyramid scheme or this referal system works.

The referal system works as so.(note: the number values are made up and placeholders)

David refers 5 people to the game. Each of those 5 people spend $15 a month for a total of $75. David gets 10% which is $7.50.

Each of those referal refer 5 people, who also spend $15 giving each of them $7.50. That lowers their monthly spending to $7.50, or $37.50 total.

David now only gets $3.75 from his 5 referals.

So the incentive here is to be as close to the bottom as you can be and to bring new people in, who are then incentivised to bring their own new people continuously. David needs to refer new people himself instead of just resting on the work of people below him.

A pyramid scheme is when David's 5 referals still give him 10% (usually it's more like 50+%) of their 2nd, 3rd, 4rth, ect... The incentive for David in a pyramid scheme is to get his referals to do all the work in hopes they recruit more that he can reach off. He then takes from everyone below him.

The referal system here stops after just one generation. David could at one point get nothing from his 5 referals if they stop paying anything due to their own referals.
  • For me, the game is pay 2 win because we paid for it to exist via crowdfunding and when it does exist - we all win! 
    Pay 2 Win, baby! ;)