Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A flood of Biblical proportions?

I said something about crafting Noah's Ark in another thread but then thought about it a while and it gave me this idea.

What if an entire node were to craft Noah's Ark and then it rained for 40 days and nights? All day and night. We'd be running around fighting and stuff in the rain, then in water. The underground caves and lowlands would flood then we'd be walking in 6 inches of water. Soon our freeholds would flood and the waters would be waist deep. Fish would come on land. After a while the water would be chest high and we'd all need boats. Eventually all the land would flood and the game would only be a sea.  The ark would function as a node. (There might be two or more arks if you built yours in time.) After a couple of months or so, mountain tops would begin to appear and people would try to live on them. Would we live together in peace or fight for the only land? As the water reseeds there would be more land and eventually caves and whatnot again but all the old nodes and cities and freeholds would be gone. It would be like starting the game again with the wisdom you gained playing the first time. Would you place your freehold in the same spot? Would you have the same occupation? How would you play the game this time knowing what you know now? Would you live in town?

Comments

• You would still have all your skills so if you were a Master Alchemist before you are still one now.
  • Would there be a rainbow afterwords?
  • Fact: Water is the leading cause of drowning.
  • look at the UKs summer you don't see us building arks ^^
  • Wouldn't we all just drown? I mean it'd be cool if there was some world boss that could cause flooding but 40 straight days of rain? fuck no. Imagine play breath of the wild with 960 hours of rain. Just Fucking No
  • 960 hrs of a boat PvP orgy? We could make it work.

And if no one on the serve built a boat...? Hopefully they learned a waterbreathing spell I guess
  • So much time on the water wouldn't be safe for anyone mentally :/
    I mean have you read one piece? Like 90% of the world is ocean
  • Wouldn't we all just drown? I mean it'd be cool if there was some world boss that could cause flooding but 40 straight days of rain? fuck no. Imagine play breath of the wild with 960 hours of rain. Just Fucking No
    You have to give it enough time to go viral. Everyone would be talking about the rain and how things are flooding and that would bring more people to the game. All the people would be talking about it. If no one built an ark in time then people could tie their boats together for safety or just go it alone.
    I mean have you read one piece? Like 90% of the world is ocean
    We all going to compete to be pirate king yea ? ;3
  • Waterworld...you know, because everyone loved that movie. 
  • Not sure why an Arc would be involved, let alone a bibli.
    I think this would be disastrous to the player base for a multitude of reasons.

Keep thinking outside the box @Sunfrog, but I don't think the world flood thing will float.
  • Maybe just an ark then without the flood. It would be a floating node with stores and taverns and stuff.
  • sunfrog said:
    Maybe just an ark then without the flood. It would be a floating node with stores and taverns and stuff.
    A walking city

• nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    Maybe just an ark then without the flood. It would be a floating node with stores and taverns and stuff.
    A walking city

A walking node :o
  • nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    A walking city

A weapon to surpass metal gear
  • Waaahhh!! Yes please!~
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    A walking city

Image result for necrons fortress
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    A walking city

Now how did you know that I played necrons ^^
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    A walking city

Now how did you know that I played necrons ^^
    Wild guess ? >.<
  • If we're talking about walking cities

Image result for zunisha
  • The only realistic issue with a moving node would be where it would draw its exp from. If its just moving around in its ZOI then its not much of a "mysterious moving city that no man can map" and its just more of a bother to try and find it rather than stumbling upon it by chance being excited and giddy like an 8 year old at his birthday.
  • The only realistic issue with a moving node would be where it would draw its exp from. If its just moving around in its ZOI then its not much of a "mysterious moving city that no man can map" and its just more of a bother to try and find it rather than stumbling upon it by chance being excited and giddy like an 8 year old at his birthday.
    the walking city could be a open world raid. now that would be a stunning fight
  • nagash said:
    The only realistic issue with a moving node would be where it would draw its exp from. If its just moving around in its ZOI then its not much of a "mysterious moving city that no man can map" and its just more of a bother to try and find it rather than stumbling upon it by chance being excited and giddy like an 8 year old at his birthday.
    the walking city could be a open world raid. now that would be a stunning fight
    Then have the player go inside and battle the final boss in the palace's throneroom >.<
  • Ooo it could be a moving ghost town like Shangri-La that you come upon, with wondrous things and people.  But, once you leave, it won't be where you discovered it anymore.