Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Best mini-game to add into AoC, any thoughts?

As simple and ancient as this is, I thought it would be amazing if it was part of AoC. It's the game of Ur created around 4,500 years ago, see the youtube video for rules and better explanation.

I hope everyone's able to see this video if not I'll try to explain it, maybe there's a wiki that explains it

Comments

• Wack a mortal 
  • If only we could have gwent in aoc xD
  • Connect the dots? :naughty:
  • zazukeys said:
    Connect the dots? :naughty:
    make your own constellations 
  • Anything similar to Dungeon Dice Monsters  :p
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    nagash said:
    zazukeys said:
    Connect the dots? :naughty:
    make your own constellations 
    I wouldn't mind that.. guess I have to become a astronomer. 
  • Multiple card and dice games hopefully made up or at least real ones modified for AoC.  Especially given its a fantasy game and taverns are going to have gaming tables and these are most likely the easiest and fastest to both play and program..
  • Instead of a Gwent type card collecting game, a miniature collecting game would be fun. Then you could play skirmishes or wars out on a tactical grid. This could potentially add enough tactic game play to satisfy some of the tacticians out there. Also, finding an ultra-rare Dragon miniature would be more fun than a dragon card, for me at least.
  • Just a simple game of Hop-Scotch you can find on random paths.
  • I think we can all agree that a fun fishing minigame would be welcome. Something like the way Stardew Valley does it, perhaps.
  • Azathoth said:
    Instead of a Gwent type card collecting game, a miniature collecting game would be fun. Then you could play skirmishes or wars out on a tactical grid. This could potentially add enough tactic game play to satisfy some of the tacticians out there. Also, finding an ultra-rare Dragon miniature would be more fun than a dragon card, for me at least.
    I kind of like this idea.

Players go out and find miniatures in the world (supplements to quest rewards, mob drops, merchants etc) and they form an actual, fully in game tabletop game.

Though with this, I'd also want to see "bigatures" as scenery and locations, and the ability to display all of it in our houses.

---

I'd also like to see a racing challenge of some form - perhaps with a leg each for mounted travel, parkour, small river boat and gliding. Depending on how in depth the ship content is, a sailing race could be fun as well.

• Azathoth said:
    Instead of a Gwent type card collecting game, a miniature collecting game would be fun. Then you could play skirmishes or wars out on a tactical grid. This could potentially add enough tactic game play to satisfy some of the tacticians out there. Also, finding an ultra-rare Dragon miniature would be more fun than a dragon card, for me at least.
    Warhammer age of ash ^^
  • I was thinking a far better version of the Mini game WotC tried horribly to implement, but a Warhammer type game would make a lot of my friends happy too. :smile:
  • I feel if a miniature game was added it would be much smaller scale then something like Warhammer.  It would probably be closer to a fantasy hero clix.  Maybe party vs party or something.
  • I feel if a miniature game was added it would be much smaller scale then something like Warhammer.  It would probably be closer to a fantasy hero clix.  Maybe party vs party or something.
    so warhammer kill team or shade spire 
  • Yeah those would work.  You would want something that was easy to pick up and quick to play so people could drop in play a game or two and go back to whatever they wanted to do next.  

Or if you wanted to just sit in the tavern and be its miniature game master you could spend all day playing and get a lot of games in.

Its going to need to be the same for any mini-game they add where you can spend just a few minutes playing or hours and hours, but it doesn't require the hours and hours investment.
  • Some kind of card game based on the heros of the ashes-lore would be great i think. 
  • Craps
  • I would love any kind of collection-based game as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Digimon World 3 had a really simple card game within the game itself. You could obtain these cards from all sorts of places and means. You could challenge npcs and I think enter tournaments (been a while since I played it). But I really just enjoyed collecting these cards. 

As an alternative, I'd love miniature collecting which would be cool to display in our freeholds.
  • It would be really awesome if Intrepid develops a well ballanced deep trading card game. Where is a system where both player decide a certain amound of money and the winner get's it without refuse of the looser.
    It would be nice to see what is more difficult. To ballance the 64 class combinations or the card game... :smiley:
  • Games with collectibles are addicting, if the cards where hidden across the wrold (the rarer ones) it would offer players a reason to hunt enemies and explore the game not just for materials and gear.
    edited July 2018
    I'm starting to think no one paid any attention to my post and replied based off the title alone.. Ignoring the dense comments that are suggesting games that are trademarked and unoriginal, It seems like people want a good card game in AoC or some form of Table-Top game. I for one am keen to both ideas, but there's question of how complex these games should be.

The more complex you make a mini-game the more hell you put the devs through so the question is where do we draw the line between something absurd and something reasonable (which is why I recommend the Royal game of Ur in the first place) but if development does want to do something more complex do you guys think it would be possible to add a game within a game that resembles something like that of Final Fantasy Tactics? If its a card game how should cards be acquired. can they be crafted or dropped from various monsters in the game?
  • Wasn't the game you suggested unoriginal?

I think we are all aiming for original, but using known concepts to help others understand what we are going for. As of yet nobody has pitched a new, original, lore oriented game rule set, just ideas.

I read your post, sorry you didn't think ours were relative.
  • Azathoth said:
    Wasn't the game you suggested unoriginal?

I think we are all aiming for original, but using known concepts to help others understand what we are going for. As of yet nobody has pitched a new, original, lore oriented game rule set, just ideas.

I read your post, sorry you didn't think ours were relative.
    First I didn't say say they were all bad ideas, a lot of them were. Ur is a game that was played thousands of years ago. you don't see it with other games in stores because it was lost in time and recently discovered the rules on an ancient clay tablet (thats why I linked a video for people to learn about it) It is a simple game with simple rules but offers strategy and competition.

I don't see how this compares to hop scotch, tic-tac-toe, and connect four, wac-a-mole.. and really connect the dots? people post just to try and get noticed, that makes up half of these posts. not all of them so don't try to call me out like I'm sh****ng on everyone's ideas that arn't like mine. people hijack threads for attention, thats a fact and its done all the time on all public forums. And if you're gonna do it to my thread I will call you out on it.

Personally, I think this thread should now be locked because the reasonable people in thread are more focused on either a Skirmish or Card game. which would take another thread one can people vote on to see if the community favors one over the other.
  • After the ^ above post, I got intrigued and watched the video.  I love this game!  I hope it makes it in because I want to play.
  • T-Elf said:
    After the ^ above post, I got intrigued and watched the video.  I love this game!  I hope it makes it in because I want to play.
    Your post made me go back and reread his/her post, which then made me go back and watch the video.  I must say that the video was very funny, and at times even made wonder if I am being trolled, and a "collegehumor" footer was going to to roll, lol.

I digress, that game, or one like it, would be awesome for Ashes.
  • I want chess with rare collectible pieces, taht have superpowers. And they grow big.
  • I want chess with rare collectible pieces, taht have superpowers. And they grow big.
    Card games with collectible cards ? made from onster materials maybe >.<
    I would love for chess to be added in as well, both Chess and Checkers fall under the public domain of games so those are an option
    edited July 2018
    Mount races. You push the keyboard to run. Keys on the keyboard not the whole thing. lol