Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Inventory Size & Aesthetics

I noticed in one of your videos you seem to be planning slotted inventory. I've never been a fan of this, and was curious if you'd consider dragged inventory instead FE: Ultima Online / Darkfall. It's just aesthetically pleasing imo, and constitutes the idea of weighted rather then counted, where ea item held has dictates how much you can hold.

I've never considered slot limit as lore friendly. If you must continue to use slot limiting inventory; I hope you do consider using weights. This leaves the option of weaver being a popular trade skill for inventory organization and expansion. -Much like Everquest / WoW. Perhaps even constituting some items as "Bulky" and limiting the quantity of such items one can carry... 

One of my biggest concerns in most mmo's is the gold economy. Collection, Craft, Trade, Loot, and transport are key concepts toward it, and from my experience lore friendly looting is much more entertaining -leaving more opportunity to bargain for traders & scavengers. 

Comments

• If you are referring to what has been shown of A0 footage then you will be pleasantly surprised that all of that is placeholder and will not resemble the inventory system planned at all. Everything will have associated weights. Currency will not have weight or limit to carry. Currency is not lootable. Characters will not be able to run around with 10,000 logs in their backpacks. There is a carry limit that can be modified through different styles of backpacks, mules, and finally for moving large amounts of goods, the caravan system. Looking at pre-alpha videos will not give you an indication of how they plan to implement the system for live release. One of the various wikis and watching some of the over 40 hours of livestreams where systems and mechanics are discussed (often not in great detail sadly) will help in your finding the answers you seek.

• I wonder if strength will have some contributing factor in what sort of bag we can use or are we going to use the old trusted bag of holding to dump our items in and be able to carry a lot more then normal.
  • Most of the things you seen right now are placeholders.
  • I wonder if strength will have some contributing factor in what sort of bag we can use or are we going to use the old trusted bag of holding to dump our items in and be able to carry a lot more then normal.
    I Hope It Does Not.. That Way A Mage Who Wants To Be A Woodcutter Won't Have To Get That Attribute Just To Carry More T.T
  • Characters will not be able to run around with 10,000 logs in their backpacks.
    Speak 'fer yer'self!  We dwarves will find a way!

;)
  • Characters will not be able to run around with 10,000 logs in their backpacks.
    Speak 'fer yer'self!  We dwarves will find a way!

;)
    there is only one loot I need

• Hahahah, ahhhh Nagash....  you just hit a new plateau of creepiness...

Congrats! :D
  • Hahahah, ahhhh Nagash....  you just hit a new plateau of creepiness...

Congrats! :D
    yeah I've been saving that one for a while ^^
  • Oh, I think you can always find a way to carry more stuff
  • LiquidSky said:
    Oh, I think you can always find a way to carry more stuff
    How in the hell can he ride it, secondly how can he see anything and how would go about changing a flat tire.
  • LiquidSky said:
    Oh, I think you can always find a way to carry more stuff
    How in the hell can he ride it, secondly how can he see anything and how would go about changing a flat tire.
    He pushes it obviously xD
  • Zastro said:
    So how does he steer it or does he use GPS tracking.
  • Here you go, here is some more to boggle your mind with, @NightshadeRaven :D

• Nice. I'm fairly sure most of those pictures were taken in Shanghai. Maybe not the last one... but damn that one was funny.

Here's an idea for the Dorfs: replace the backpack with a fridge to keep the ale nice a cool during their travels.

• Zastro said:
    So how does he steer it or does he use GPS tracking.
    Pullies and levers, pullies and levers 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    I really hope at some point you can loot something like this in Ashes:

• Well I found an AOC caravan using pedal power.

Image result for carrying huge cargo on a bike

The Biggest Cargo Bike in the World Is the Size of a Car

• Runescape is my old school reference for limited inventory, I don't mind limited slots as long as Intrepid does not abuse us with junk loot, loads of quest items. and 22 different slot occupying currencies.   Drag inventory adds nothing for me personally, but Ultima was outside my frame of reference in my early MMO years.