Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Biggest Issue in AoC Class Design

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design
I know the general consensus will be that its not even in Alpha 1 and to wait but there is one major glaring issue that needs to be resolved before release.  The Fighter/Fighter class is named Weapon Master, when it should be named Beserker!  I mean cmon devs, its 2018.  How can you even think about launching a game with 56 different class names and not name one of them Beserker.  @GMSteven , I'm looking at you.  We talked about this.    

Comments

• Options
    I've had some similar thoughts about some of the other name combinations too, but you know.... in the role playing sense, we can call our characters whatever we want.   

For example, if I chose tank/tank for my character, I would undoubtedly refer to his profession as "Dwarven Defender" over Guardian every time. 

No no one can stop you from calling your fighter/fighter character a "Bezerker."  
    I guess if they try, you can just go bezerk on the.  ;)
  • Options
    Yeah class names are ultimately irrelevant anyway, its how you build your character.

I personally have issues with Tank and Tellsword as class names.  Tank just sounds like a placeholder name for a class that will fill that role when they could have used a number of other names for it.

Tellsword just sounds dumb to me.

But this is what we have and the actual names, as I stated beforehand, are in general irrelevant because you can either refer to yourself as whatever class if you RP  OR it is going to matter much more what your abilities and rolls you fill are such as healer, tank, dps, support over your exact class.

• Options
    necromancers in the game so that means every other class is irrelevant ^^
  • Options
    A warrior/warrior reminds me of a very skilled fighter with any weapon (mage weapons aside). I don't think its right calliing it berserker. Berserker reminds me of a dude with a big beard and a horned helmet running around with a big axe (vikings basically.) Change weapon master to grandmaster of arms or something sounds better but berserker is just a no go for me. But yeah some names like tellsword just sound so weird though...
  • Options

There are too many of the "_____sword" class names IMO. Tellsword, Spellsword, Highsword? Actually, I'm slightly surprised they didn't call the Fighter/Fighter a "Swordsword" (kinda along the same lines as the "Spellmancer").

Personally, I too would like "Berserker" to be a class name in-game, though my preference would be for it to be either the Tank/Fighter or Fighter/Tank. Would also like to see "Shadowknight" for Tank/Rogue (instead of "Nightshield"), and "Monk" for Fighter/Cleric (instead of "Highsword"). Perhaps even "Druid" for Cleric/Ranger.

Am I too set in my EQ ways? Perhaps...

• Options
    trojo said:

There are far worse ways to be set in.  ;)
  • Options
    trojo said:

yeah you could be a dwarf ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

• Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

• Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

Starts like this ^ 
    Image result for undead killing dwarf
    Ends like this.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

Starts like this ^ 
    Ends like this.

That's our love child, between @nagash and I. 

After years of battle, good vs evil, Paladin vs Necromancer, we came to realize under the fuel of our fight burned a passion that transcended alignment or common sense. 

Now our love children roam the underdark.

• Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

Starts like this ^ 
    Ends like this.

After years of battle, good vs evil, Paladin vs Necromancer, we came to realize under the fuel of our fight burned a passion that transcended alignment or common sense. 

Dont want to know how an undead has a 'love' child but yeah, it's that, magic.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    trojo said:

;)

Starts like this ^ 
    Ends like this.

I did NOT consent to this!
  • Options
    After watching Berserker Im with you on this one.

As long as I get to equip full plate armor and not look like the tourch carrying Uruk Hai from Lotr2