Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Big Wood! When is big too big?

I was watching @Herdo video when I noticed something. He was talking about the big trees and it made me wonder. Will there be trees so big they can't be harvested by one person? It would take a while to chop down a redwood alone and how would I get it home by myself? Are there team trees that need to be harvested by a group of friends?

Comments

• insert innuendo here
  • While that is a magnificent specimen, it's not too damn beaucoup.
  • nagash said:
    insert innuendo here
    That's what she said.
  • What about trees that are big in the morning only for a short period of time, then shrink down to proper size.

We can call it "Morning Wood Forest"
  • Imagine having this huge tree, cutting it and having it fall on a bunch of players, kills them and you dont get flagged ;x
  • Imagine having this huge tree, cutting it and having it fall on a bunch of players, kills them and you dont get flagged ;x
    death by wood ^^
  • nagash said:
    Imagine having this huge tree, cutting it and having it fall on a bunch of players, kills them and you dont get flagged ;x
    death by wood ^^
    Death by wood in the morning.
  • sunfrog said:
    Will there be trees so big they can't be harvested by one person? It would take a while to chop down a redwood alone and how would I get it home by myself? Are there team trees that need to be harvested by a group of friends?
    Interesting question and interesting concept of group harvesting.  Might save it for the next Live Stream.
  • There could be other team PvE things too like catching a whale or moving a large log to get the mushrooms underneath.
  • nagash said:
    Imagine having this huge tree, cutting it and having it fall on a bunch of players, kills them and you dont get flagged ;x
    death by wood ^^
    Whoa what kinda fetishes are you into xD
  • Giant Redwoods have been harvested for almost a century, so it's very possible.
    It would be nice if it was a group/citizen task that supplied needed wood for winter directly to the town. I would be cool even if only the node benefited and not those chopping the wood.
  • nagash said:
    death by wood ^^
    Many m'dear, many ;)))))))))))))))))))))
  • nagash said:
    death by wood ^^
    Go on.....
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    death by wood ^^
    Go on.....
    Sorry I feel slightly insecure revealing anything to a walking pile of bones, the confinement inside a crypt might have had negative effects on your mind.
  • I guess it would be awesome to have some node quests that require a lot of wood. And the people either bring in that wood one by one, or a group can go for a few giant trees, and get the node quest completed quicker. :smile:
  • Herdo said:
    I guess it would be awesome to have some node quests that require a lot of wood. And the people either bring in that wood one by one, or a group can go for a few giant trees, and get the node quest completed quicker. :smile:
    hmm... A caravan system to move raw materials in bulk from resource nodes to refiners - Large amounts of ore, chopped trees, raw hides, etc to smelters, lumberyards, tanneries, etc.

Might be a bit ambitious for first release but might be something to lobby for as an option in the future.
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    death by wood ^^
    Go on.....
    Sorry I feel slightly insecure revealing anything to a walking pile of bones, the confinement inside a crypt might have had negative effects on your mind.
    Says the one that said "death by wood in the morning"... 
  • When you are a full grown adult and you spend your time on video game forums which are or will most likely be populated predominantly by underage kids purveying sexual innuendo.
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    death by wood ^^
    Go on.....
    Says the one that said "death by wood in the morning"... 
    That was just a joke, just a joke.......
  • Sternzy said:
    When you are a full grown adult and you spend your time on video game forums which are or will most likely be populated predominantly by underage kids purveying sexual innuendo.
    Pretty sure most of us are at least over 18. We just like having fun!
  • There won't be a tree I won't be able to chop down myself especially if there's an Elf living in it!
  • Kratz said:
    There won't be a tree I won't be able to chop down myself especially if there's an Elf living in it!
    I was thinking of being an elf and I am hurt. 

• Spun666 said:
    Kratz said:
    There won't be a tree I won't be able to chop down myself especially if there's an Elf living in it!
    I was thinking of being an elf and I am hurt. 

well, I would be surprised if you weren't hurt I mean a tree landing on anyone (mortal) would hurt ^^
  • Elves are not simply mortal my friend ;)
  • Spun666 said:
    Elves are not simply mortal my friend ;)
    you elves are just delaying the end. Join us in ever lasting peace 
  • nagash said:
    Spun666 said:
    Elves are not simply mortal my friend ;)
    you elves are just delaying the end. Join us in ever lasting peace 
    You forgot ever lasting sobriety. No thanks!
  • Nagash join us in life so you can make innuendos about wood! =p
  • Nagash join us in life so you can make innuendos about wood! =p
    well long time no see valentines I have not seen you for a while how have you been ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    There is unrest in the forest, there is trouble with the trees...
    For the Maples want more sunlight and the Oaks ignore their pleas...

When cutting down a very tall tree, you 'top' it by climbing up and cutting sections off as you work your way down.
  • Can you cut down a treehouse?