Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Legendary Ideas and Concerns

Here's my newest video! This time we're talking about legendary items! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_DrSzlUBE

Comments

• interesting ideas. while I don't agree on all the points you made I must say its still very informative 
  • I believe that many people might disagree with my opinions but I do see things from both sides of the arguments. I'm curious what you disagree with.
  • Good video but just like @nagash I cant excatly agree on some points, keep up the good work though :3 
  • I believe that many people might disagree with my opinions but I do see things from both sides of the arguments. I'm curious what you disagree with.
    Well, the point I disagreed with the most was when you have a legendary and you don't play for a while due to real life that your hard work should disappear. Say if I get the libra mortis early in the games life and I have to leave for two months because of real life and when I come back it is gone. In fact from a lore perspective, it makes more sense for this great person to disappear and then in the time of need comes with this powerful book.

The other point I disagreed with is that legendaries should be "balanced" now don't get me wrong there needs to be some limit but if a server of 10000 people and only 20 have these god items, then they should be god level items and not just an item that is in the game like wow. I mean how many people had an "ashbringer" I mean in the lore that weapon is excellent yet it has to be nerfed so that everyone can get one and not break the game. 

A legendary should be that a. Legend. A weapon that stories are told about and not just some item you must have.
  • I agree and what I said in the video was for many of these things to be a possible route to take. I would like to see legendaries not be gone forever if someone quits the game entirely with one, maybe have a year of leeway. And I want legendaries to only be balanced if they take the WoW route of them being everywhere. But otherwise I'm fine with OP legendaries as long as there's some tradeoff, like high repair cost or you have to recharge it's enchantment or something.