Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What do You Want from AOC?

Please click on the Ausgezeichnet / Excellent link to Big Cheeked Giant below: It requires a log-in as age restricted. After viewing the 18-minute video please vote in the poll. Obviously, we all want elements of this poll to be ausgezeichnet (so the vote for everything is not offered). If you had to vote for just one area in AOC content, what would it be? To paraphrase the Big Cheeked Giant, “As gamers, we are all responsible for making MMORPGs great again.” If there is an element missing please respond by exception. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ci0sQIqOR8

Comments

• You forgot good RP community...  So I chose play with friends.  But I'm super looking forward to RP.
  • For me it was difficult to decide between great combat (because I loved Tera) or play with friends (because those are important right? :D)
  • You forgot good RP community...  So I chose play with friends.  But I'm super looking forward to RP.
    I have to agree with RPing for me is the most important thing
  • Strong PvP gameplay and a very unified server. I loved in classic World of Warcraft how you would know players from both factions. Everyone knew everyone.
  • Combat is the most important thing. If a game does not have good combat it is tough to stay with it. 
  • In Depth Game Content
  • A mega server where everyone will play together instead of like 10 separate servers with player caps. I recently played an MMO (which shall remain nameless) where before launch the community organized all kinds of guilds and factions then when it was released the servers were full within one day and you had to wait 2 weeks till new servers were added. Once the new servers were added if you could get in your guild would be on a different server. I hope AoC will not have this problem and to me this is the most important aspect. What it is, is that it detracts from the term "massively multiplayer" in a "massive multiplayer online rpg". If AoC could avoid this problem at launch, it will be successful.
  • I wanted to have 2 so my other one is Be an Awesome Player.
    Now its up to Intrepid to do the rest.
  • Active/reactive combat, no boring repetitive rotations(FFXIV, ESO)

Selection of abilities that require judgment on how to use in proper situations.

Restriction on defensive mechanics.
    Block for tanks
    Block dodge for warriors
    Dodge counter strike for roques
    Gap creation for ranged
    (Seeing mages block attacks with wooden staves in some games was nonsense)

Intense casting from mages without massive effects that cover the whole screen.
    Masterful swordsmanship from warriors without Chinese movie flying and massive slash effects that cover the whole screen.
    Powerful displays of might from tanks when they block/protect/strike without holy shields of light that cover the whole screen.

Some flashy abilities that cause awe. They can cover the whole screen. Long cooldowns.

Carefully though ability cooldowns.

Balance? xD

Warriors-> in your face. Strong.
    Tanks-> slow and... tanky
    Mages-> strong dmg, utilities, weak when being hit.
    Archers-> Typical shooters, 1 snipe utility with long CD. Escape abilities to maintain range.
    Roques->In and out damage dealers. Weak when being hit.
    Bards->group strength improvement focus.

Tera Online was great in combat but AoC will do a lot better. The passion behind the development is amazing.
    I hope they top the market and make a lot of $$$$
  • @gb1990gaming
    I agree with everything here.

I voted for in depth game experience, but I didn't watch the video. I don't watch YouTube videos of people explaining their opinions.
  • Azathoth said:
    @gb1990gaming
    I agree with everything here.

I voted for in depth game experience, but I didn't watch the video. I don't watch YouTube videos of people explaining their opinions.
    Love deep never ending mmorpgs.
    Tired of reach max lv within 2 days "and then the game begins" bs with repetitive dungeon runs, and BG PvP. 

In my personal opinion

PvP should be part of the mmorpg adventure of the open endless world.
    Siege should be a statement of dominance and wealth.
    BG should be past time game to stroke egos. Not award PvP gear.
    Arenas should be a test to show the popupation who is the best in each class.

PvE should be dreamy adventures. 
    Nature and wild animals
    Castles should be places that you take on Dark beings, or Cruel rulers.
    Perilous roads
    Ruins filled with ghosts that protect holy sites or powerful relics.
    Devastetad landmarks in which the horrors still linger in the area, victims not only to the disaster but also the chains that prevent them from resting in finding peace.

Questing should not award Levels or gear for the next two levels.
    Questing should require persistance from a loner, or the need to group up and overcome challenges.
    The rewards of the quests should improve the potential of your charactet, open new paths, provide you with unique materials or meaningful gear (holy sword that helps you in that dungeon in which you need to farm for XYZ).

Leveling should be all about Zones. Having said that not all high levels should be in the far end of the map. Maybe the deeper you go in the cave the stronger monsters are there, the higher you climp the tower/mountain, the more you walk to the centre of the devasteted city the stronger the challenges.

Not Town A areas is for 10-20
    Town B areas 20-30
    Town C areas 30-50

Crafting should require materials from all over the map.
    "Metal ore drops good in here. Too much PvP tho. It also drops in here less frequently"
    "Armor part for X set in drops in this tower"
    "The design is found by doing this Q on the other side of the world"

That is my understanding of Deep Mmorpg experience.

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    It wont let me vote for all of them.
  • I want it to be the one saving grace for mmo pvp and be able to give me some great times..
  • Dexxer said:
    I want it to be the one saving grace for mmo pvp and be able to give me some great times..
    Its not about you, its the whole game experience. You know pvp is only one aspect of the game there are many other aspects to this MMO.

• All of it ;3
  • Ideally all of it. But seeming as I have to pick one here I'll go with in depth game content. So fed up with half arsed mechanics ruled by P2W in almost every MMO out there. 
  • Warkov said:
    It wont let me vote for all of them.
    I agree, there should be a 'all of the above' question as well

edited July 2018
    I want immersion

Edit: and a good selection of buckets.
  • Really hard question. Chose raiding, although most of the choices would directly affect raiding ofc.

Chose raiding cause without some kind of challenging PvE, it doesn't really matter if the combat is good or whatever. PvP can be fun, but PvE is the meat and bones IMO.
  • Give me some in-depth content, specifically interested in the building of cities and growing unique nodes.  The node system seems to be the cornerstone of this game, so it has got to be the jackpot in order to deliver a great product.  
    edited July 2018
    Crafting is always the thing I look forward to the most, and its sad to say that it always disappoints, because mobs always drop something a little better. Keeping my hope up for it here.
  • Raiding, I suppose. I mean.. I would have chosen many of those if I could have, though. Raids are one of my main loves, but equally as important as that to me are good quests and lore, and a good housing system.
  • You need an other mark, as a tank I plan on getting punched in the face.  Really, no matter what I do it will most likely involve me getting punched in the face.  Oh, or getting blamed for the DPS standing in he fire and dying, well maybe the healer will get blamed for that too.  Tanks and healers never get enough love. 
  • Cheap said:
    You need an other mark, as a tank I plan on getting punched in the face.  Really, no matter what I do it will most likely involve me getting punched in the face.  Oh, or getting blamed for the DPS standing in he fire and dying, well maybe the healer will get blamed for that too.  Tanks and healers never get enough love. 
    without tanks and healers, everyone would be dead so. STOP DOING YOUR JOB!
  • Refund :p  
  • I wish I could vote for them all and then some.
  • In my mind it's silly that we can only pick one option. However, due to that, I picked PvP as that is something that I want to ensure this game has. I don't think I could play an mmo without any PvP.
  • Fleelix said:
    Refund :p  
    i want a great game for free ^^
  • I want the MM back in MMO and be fun at the same time.  While I understand the more recent trned to make things easy for a solo player, MMO's seem to be lacking that massive multiplayer portion.  Above all I want to grow with a community and have fun in a setting (PvE, PvP etc.)

• You spend so much MMO time engaged in combat that it has to be great.