Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I've seen the future and it's full of spoilers

Don't come in this thread unless you want the game spoiled.

I was reading the disappointments thread when I started thinking about
 combat and how the next stream would show us more.  Stop reading here if you don't want the game spoiled.

Then after that I started working on a new video and needed some info on

Steven Sharif. I wanted to know how he made his money. I think he invented smoothies. Not sure. Stop reading if you don't want spoilers. This is your second chance.

As I was doing research I discovered that Steven used to 

play a game online and he was a pretty big mucky muck in it. He lead a very powerful guild. That's interesting I thought. Stop reading here if you don't want spoilers. This is the third time you've clicked the spoiler button. Stop it. This is your last chance!

And that lead me to YouTube. The place I go to learn something new. Now I had never heard of

Archeage, or The White Order, because I didn't play that game, but people on YouTube had made videos about it. So I watched them.  Those videos give away the entire plot of Ashes, pretty much. In those videos you will see the massive combat system that Steven has planned. 40 vs 40 combat or something like that. It looks pretty awesome. You will also see siege weapons and node attacks. He pretty much copied Archeage and left the sucky parts out.

You will also see crafting tips videos about Archeage and how crafting will work. Sadly, you will also find cheat videos. Please don't watch, upload, or follow those tips. That ruins the game. Your stupid hacker's excuse of, "I only post the cheats because it helps the game fix them and get better," is b.s.. That's not how reality works. In reality people use the cheats and it ruins the game for everyone. Then it takes the developers 6 months to fix the problem but by then everyone hates the game. Or else the cheat you found can't be fixed without rewriting the entire game so it never gets fixed and it ruins the game. If you want to make the game better send your video to the developers and NEVER put it on YouTube. This is the last, last, chance. don't look up Archeage videos on YouTube if you don't want the game spoiled. 

Don't look up The White Order either. Don't.

Comments

• I actually played on the same server as The White Order, but didn't stay for long on ArchAge due to all the P2W/RMTs.  The best game ever was when ArchAge was in Alpha; then they ruined it.
  • Not sure if I got this right but cheating is bad ? 
  • I liked the smoothie part
  • Could you play as undead ^^
  • nagash said:
    Could you play as undead ^^
    Why would you want to play as undead? Everyone is undead. Don't you want to play as dead instead?
  • Well technically everyone is alive...
  • Spoilers always irresistible, kinda forbidden fruits, hard to escape. So, I did exactly what you told not to. lol. ;)

and after that ...... :'(:'(:'(

I never played archeage. So, i gotta check some gameplay from youtube first. Did some research about class combo, gameplay and caravan system between AoC pre-alpha and ArchAge. And realize this two games are mostly same. removing p2w system is the only major difference between AoC & AA.

looks like we are going to get another eastern mmo, but smartly polished.
  • I don't YouTube or Twitch or Discord games at all. I have occasionally used a Wiki for a game I have gone through a couple times with quest I have never been able to complete. I know at some point reading through a thread I will be exposed to a spoiler without fair-warning, that is a risk I am going to take to stay current on the forums.

@AutumnLeaf is correct. Everyone is alive, when you die you become an object. So resurrected dead (undead) are animated objects. Resurrected creatures (back 'alive') are objects that have been "awakened."
  • sunfrog said:
    nagash said:
    Why would you want to play as undead? Everyone is undead. Don't you want to play as dead instead?
    because I'm no a dog ^^
  • nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    nagash said:
    because I'm no a dog ^^
    No fetch quests for you then.
  • Atama said:
    nagash said:
    sunfrog said:
    nagash said:
    because I'm no a dog ^^
    No fetch quests for you then.
    that's what minions are for ^^
  • Maybe we all died in space and our souls are returning to Verra. The 16 lights in the sky are our souls.
  • Verratology?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    wasikovee said:
    looks like we are going to get another eastern mmo, but smartly polished.
    I say hell yes! 

I think the OP is dismissing the other games Steve was influenced by, I believe mostly EQ and L2. You will most likely see the best of all 3 games merged on a badass UR4 engine with no P2W aspects. I need it like Tyrone needs crack!
  • Speaking of ArcheAge, is there anyone left on Trion who actually works on the game now?

https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/20/trion-worlds-has-been-hit-with-layoffs-loses-archeage-associate-producer/

ArcheAge is literally the best example of "How to ruin a really good game".

P.S. Also played with Steven during ArcheAge Friends & Family Alpha. We defended a castle together against Forestcrow. (we actually lost the castle)
  • Your stupid hacker's excuse of, "I only post the cheats because it helps the game fix them and get better," is b.s.. That's not how reality works. In reality people use the cheats and it ruins the game for everyone. Then it takes the developers 6 months to fix the problem but by then everyone hates the game. Or else the cheat you found can't be fixed without rewriting the entire game so it never gets fixed and it ruins the game.

No, you are the one who doesn't know how reality works.
    Manny people thinks that hackers are some kind of magicians, who create hole where there are none, but that's not the truth.
    A hack or exploit can only live cause someone didn't did his work properly. Either cause they was lazy, or cause they was bad at their work, or just greedy.

If you don't spread the world of a exploit/hack, it ofc will create less VISIBLE issues.
    However a smart player can be #1 and pretty much owns the whole game using the exploit without anyone knowing it at any time, and even if they will know it later, it will be already too late...

Also if it takes 6months to fix a single exploit then:
    -The whole developer team is clearly incompetent
    -They whole game is just haxed together, so they can just be happy that it even worked until that time
    -It's a lie anyway, even if they suck that hard, fixing a single exploit won't take that much time, unless  there are fundamental flaw in their whole architecture, but then they DESERVE it.

You are fool if you believe that ppls not going to find the exploits themselves if none spread it. (Some) people are very smart and creative, there are ones who just want to see the world burn...

edited July 2018
    @akmaa
    I see what you are saying, but understood the original point a bit different.
    Anyone that intentionally finds exploits or valid hacks in Ashes and then gives that information to IS, and only IS, is a value to the community.

Anyone that intentionally finds exploits or valid hacks and then keeps them to themselves and uses them are cheaters. I assume they cheat because their life sucks, but that is my opinion, much like 'they cheat because they are smart enough to' is only an opinion.

Anyone that finds exploits or valid hacks and then posts them all over the web, or in places they know large portions of the Ashes community are, just like to watch the world burn. That doesn't help the game or IS specifically but a byproduct of that would be IS tries to fix the issue.

Edit: spelling...
    edited July 2018
    But Jeff is GOAT (  https://youtu.be/L30qJOqZUAg?t=1h55s  ) >~>

• Wasn't ArcheAge a pretty rad game minus the hackers and P2W? If they ditch those things count me in.
  • Spun666 said:
    Wasn't ArcheAge a pretty rad game minus the hackers and P2W? If they ditch those things count me in.
    Yes, it would have been very enjoyable if those two factors did not occur. 
  • akmaa said:

No, you are the one who doesn't know how reality works.
    Manny people thinks that hackers are some kind of magicians, who create hole where there are none, but that's not the truth.
    A hack or exploit can only live cause someone didn't did his work properly. Either cause they was lazy, or cause they was bad at their work, or just greedy.

If you don't spread the world of a exploit/hack, it ofc will create less VISIBLE issues.
    However a smart player can be #1 and pretty much owns the whole game using the exploit without anyone knowing it at any time, and even if they will know it later, it will be already too late...

Also if it takes 6months to fix a single exploit then:
    -The whole developer team is clearly incompetent
    -They whole game is just haxed together, so they can just be happy that it even worked until that time
    -It's a lie anyway, even if they suck that hard, fixing a single exploit won't take that much time, unless  there are fundamental flaw in their whole architecture, but then they DESERVE it.

You are fool if you believe that ppls not going to find the exploits themselves if none spread it. (Some) people are very smart and creative, there are ones who just want to see the world burn...

See there are different methods of spreading the word correctly, however to tell everyone else so they exploit/hack alongside you is still a dick move. The correct thing would be to send it to the developers or a Community Manager so they can actually begin fixing it.

Only edgelords who want to see the world burn do that kind of sht of "spreading" so everyone knows about it.
  • akmaa said:

See there are different methods of spreading the word correctly, however to tell everyone else so they exploit/hack alongside you is still a dick move. The correct thing would be to send it to the developers or a Community Manager so they can actually begin fixing it.

Only edgelords who want to see the world burn do that kind of sht of "spreading" so everyone knows about it.
    The problem with archeage was that the devs often times could not fix the hacks or just ignored them forever. So out of frustration a lot of hacks got leaked to force the issue and that unfortunately seemed to work setting precedent.
  • haha, 40v40 is nothing!
    Original AA sieges were 100v100!
    Not to mention open world PvP is essentially unlimited (other than by server population of course)

If AoC is substantially like AA and minus the P2W, then it's going to be freaking amazing!
  • tinukeda said:
    haha, 40v40 is nothing!
    Original AA sieges were 100v100!
    Not to mention open world PvP is essentially unlimited (other than by server population of course)

If AoC is substantially like AA and minus the P2W, then it's going to be freaking amazing!
    well the raids or 40 people but the sieges could be even bigger than 100
  • Depending on what raids are used for, 40 could be a good number.

In AA we had the problem where some events were open world and you'd have 2 (or more) raids worth of people show up to try and complete the event (thinking of mob killing ones in particular).  This was problematic as the amount of mobs available wasn't necessarily enough for 2 raids to complete.  They've since fixed this issue by allowing co-raids to share tag credits.  And then they just totally changed how the event worked too, heh.  But back in the early days, we had to physically arrange 2 raids of people:  "you guys go stand over there, we'll stand over here. good luck completing!"
  • akmaa said:

The problem with archeage was that the devs often times could not fix the hacks or just ignored them forever. So out of frustration a lot of hacks got leaked to force the issue and that unfortunately seemed to work setting precedent.
    that and the labor point system and the pots wich were farmed by botters and sold for gold. all of that was part of the problem that plagued the game:)
  • akmaa said:

that and the labor point system and the pots wich were farmed by botters and sold for gold. all of that was part of the problem that plagued the game:)
  • spoilers mang