Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Holy relics Batman! Dig this crazy idea!

So I was watching the Alpha 1 preview for the 5th time and I paused on the mysterious aqueduct.
Look at the center of the picture next to the fern. That rock looks like a tablet with writing on it. I had some ideas. Maybe it's a cooking recipe, some lore, other stuff, or... maybe it's the Ten Commandments! What would the religious node pay for that? I thought. A pretty penny is what. Especially if it gives them special powers during battle. Like, +500 Life for everyone in the religious node. Will there be holy relics in the game that give the city that holds them extra powers? Shield of Persius, +50 Magic Defense, Spear of Longinus +100 Attack, stuff like that? Magical Monkey Paw of the Monkey King +75 Thievery? 

Comments

• I think my eyesight is bad but it looks like a mossy rock...
  • It's just a rock, and the aqueduct is probably a bridge, but it could be a tablet if we want one. :smile:
  • It probably is a bridge too xD
  • All I see is water and stones ^^
  • I absolutely appreciate what you see, and it confirms 100% that you have a better imagination than I have. :D
  • There is a relic system that has been mentioned for the nodes. People will undertake quests to find certain relics that once placed in the nodes reliquary will give different bonuses. This adds yet another dimension to attacking a node. To loot its reliquary. They most likely will be legendary items that are unique. So you want the one that gives all your caravans extra speed? Better get to taking it from the people that currently have it.

• I kept seeing (or getting the impression of) a tablet there in the middle at the base of the rock. It could be anything you mentioned including an old grave marker.  I'm sure there are relics in the game; but what I am wondering is, lets say that particular tablet is a relic, would it just by it's location be giving the area a boost?  or does it have to be possessed and known to get a boost?
  • Oh, thank thee gods, 'ye found it! 
    I've been looking all over the place for that!
    That's me butt scrubbin' stone!  I use it 'ta scrubb 'me dwarven butt clean! 
    Ho! I lost it ages ago! And me butt certainly needs a good scrubbin' after all this time, let me tell you!  Hah!

Thank 'ye ever so much for locating it!  As 'ye can clearly see, it's a mighty fine stone 'fer scrubbin' butts!  Feel free 'ta use it 'yerself, if yer findin' yerself in need!  It'll be a few days before I can swing back that way 'ta pick 'er up. 

• See, @T-Elf and @Rumbleforge get it. You have to use your imagination. I like the idea that it gives the area a boost. Maybe that's the clue that there is something around for you to find. Then when you take it home the entire town gets a boost and you are famous for finding it. Maybe you get credit for it in the town crier newspaper or something.

There is a relic system that has been mentioned for the nodes. People will undertake quests to find certain relics that once placed in the nodes reliquary will give different bonuses. This adds yet another dimension to attacking a node. To loot its reliquary. They most likely will be legendary items that are unique. So you want the one that gives all your caravans extra speed? Better get to taking it from the people that currently have it.

Yes please!
  • Wait now I know what that stone is. the question I have is where did I leave my sword ^^
  • i am blind do not see any thing ...just rocks and rocks and wait i think i see more rocks :)))  just joking but there is something on the rock. :) 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Can't see anything
    edit: not sure why my text and picture came out as separate posts
  • Uhm, are you okay?  :D