Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

System requirements?

Have system requirements been released for this game? I know it uses UE4 though I heard they were modifying the engine so it might be more intense? 

Update: Based on suggestions and what I have seen of the game I decided to upgrade.

My current PC:
AMD FX 8350 8 Core @ 4.0ghz
16GB DDR3-1600
Radeon RX 560 4GB Radeon RX 480 4GB
Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD

I think this would be good enough to at least run medium at 1080p probably? Maybe somebody knows more about this games specs than me.

Comments

• They haven't released minimum specs yet. But they ran the game on fairly mid-level (currently) rigs at the PAXs, so you should be fine. Those with high end machines will be able to enjoy deeper options, but isn't that always the case?
  • Zonned said:

My current PC:
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Radeon RX 560 4GB

You will be able to run the game with that, without a doubt.

Medium settings at 1080p would likely be do-able, but you 'may' want to tweak a few settings downwards.
  • Alright, thanks for the input all this was a budget machine I mainly built for WoW so I wasn't sure about this one.
  • Here are a few examples of pc's that dont qualify.
    Image result for broken pcs
    Image result for broken pcs

Related image
  • System Requirements from Steven .... Voila

• Those are not the system requirement's. He was describing the System they are building the game with.

• Yeah, extreme cooling H2O/Liquid cooling system doesn't really seem like a system requirement... :wink:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    What most will try to play it on, then complain that Intrepid is costing itself customers because they won't cater to their wants.
    Image result for potato pc
  • Zonned said:
    Have system requirements been released for this game? I know it uses UE4 though I heard they were modifying the engine so it might be more intense? 

My current PC:
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Radeon RX 560 4GB

I think this would be good enough to at least run medium at 1080p probably? Maybe somebody knows more about this games specs than me.
    if u willing to put some more for new graphic when the new nvidia cards come out you might get 1080ti founder's edition for a fair price (you might need a new power supply tho)/
  • Start saving now and every cent you find on the ground will contribute to a new pc xD Honestly I think most people who have a decent PC will be able to run it.
  • You need Windows 10. My old Windows 7 laptop with 6GB (upgraded from 4!) memory and a broken A key can't play it. I tried on the Alpha 0. 

I figure I have a year to win a new computer so I've been entering a ton of giveaways. Since February I've won 3 motherboards, 16GB memory, and a keyboard. :) 
  • sunfrog said:
    You need Windows 10. My old Windows 7 laptop with 6GB (upgraded from 4!) memory and a broken A key can't play it. I tried on the Alpha 0. 

I figure I have a year to win a new computer so I've been entering a ton of giveaways. Since February I've won 3 motherboards, 16GB memory, and a keyboard. :) 
    Yeah I already upgraded to 10 for DX12, gives better performance if the games are optimized for it properly.
  • You should be fine with that and if you do upgrade from now till release you should be fine only thing i would change is the video card there about to drop prices when the new ones comes out. 
  • Cluckeys said:
    You should be fine with that and if you do upgrade from now till release you should be fine only thing i would change is the video card there about to drop prices when the new ones comes out. 
    Here is a good argument why that might not be entirely true... you may in fact be better off buying right now instead of waiting for the new cards to drop:

But as with all things, you never know what will happen. 
    I'm thinking of a new system sometime closer to 2020 so that's pretty far off to speculate for myself. 
  • Hands free cell phones

Related image

Image result for hands free mobile phone

Image result for hands free mobile phone

• What most will try to play it on, then complain that Intrepid is costing itself customers because they won't cater to their wants.
    Image result for potato pc
    Well duh. That there looks like a russet potato. You need them Yukon Gold potatoes if you want to run HD graphics 

Image result for yukon gold potatoes
  • ^^those are most definitely Lemons..
  • Don't be silly, Lemons make terrible computers! 
    Though, I don't want to dredge up old internet debates, but I am partial to Apples...

• I recall they said they would try to keep the requirements down. Or so that people with an older computer, can still play. Was in an earlyer podcast
  • insomnia said:
    I recall they said they would try to keep the requirements down. Or so that people with an older computer, can still play. Was in an earlyer podcast
    you would still need a good pc just to run unreal 4
  • nagash said:
    insomnia said:
    I recall they said they would try to keep the requirements down. Or so that people with an older computer, can still play. Was in an earlyer podcast
    I have tried PUBG on my current PC it does pretty well. Like Witcher 3 you want to keep the tessellation limit set at 16x Maximum. If I do that I can hold over 60fps at medium settings on both games. Games designed for Nvidia cards usually set it higher on purpose because Radeon cards don't handle tessellation as well. It gives them a placebo boost on benchmarks.

If you set that limit they will perform as well or in some cases better.
    edited August 2018
    Zonned said:
    nagash said:
    insomnia said:
    I have tried PUBG on my current PC it does pretty well. Like Witcher 3 you want to keep the tessellation limit set at 16x Maximum. If I do that I can hold over 60fps at medium settings on both games. Games designed for Nvidia cards usually set it higher on purpose because Radeon cards don't handle tessellation as well. It gives them a placebo boost on benchmarks.

I judge anyone pc based on how many skaven you can have on screen in total war Warhammer. its the only way yes yes 

• Zonned said:

My current PC:
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Radeon RX 560 4GB

You'll be fine on that.. It's Unreal Engine 4.. 
  • nagash said:
    Zonned said:
    nagash said:
    insomnia said:

I judge anyone pc based on how many skaven you can have on screen in total war Warhammer. its the only way yes yes 

Shouldn't that worry you? Seeing as how it was the skaven who killed Nagash xD
  • I always by the last card to come out.

For example I bought a 1060 after the 1070 came out sinols because nothing out currently still even stresses it and I saved about $100 that I put towards the next bottle neck I have. About every 4 yrs I build a new system from scratch give or take.

You seriously don't need super high end builds to play video games that companies make (on purpose) to be run by mid level machines. Anything beyond that is just epeen. 
  • After listening to feedback and a little luck on ebay I have an update soon coming to my configuration (listed above). Hopefully with the new graphics card the system will have enough muscle for a decent experience.
  • I am not worried, I am sure i will be fine

- i7-8700k 16 GB RAM  1080 Ti
    edited September 2018
    Honestly if it doesn't run at least "good" (medium settings) on 1050Ti 1060 and 1070 then they'll be losing hella lot of players.
    MMOs are supposed to run on "most of people" computers, currently all mmorpg's I played ran smoothly on my GTX 950M and i7-4th gen processor (ESO, GW2, MapleStory2). My problem is usually ping.
    I am the person who doesn't really care if I have 300 orfps 80 fps (probably because upgrade from e.g. 1060 gtx to 1070 gtx is like 3/4 of my country average earnings per month)
    Anything above 60 fps is fine for me.

I am going to buy  GTX1060 and i7-8th gen soon and hope Ashes runs on it. If not then i'll pass I guess, if it can run Witcher 3 on high on 75-80 fps then it should run MMO at least that good too lol  (probably better) :P

edited September 2018
    KiMi said:
    Honestly if it doesn't run at least "good" (medium settings) on 1050Ti 1060 and 1070 then they'll be losing hella lot of players.
    MMOs are supposed to run on "most of people" computers, currently all mmorpg's I played ran smoothly on my GTX 950M and i7-4th gen processor (ESO, GW2, MapleStory2). My problem is usually ping.
    I am the person who doesn't really care if I have 300 orfps 80 fps (probably because upgrade from e.g. 1060 gtx to 1070 gtx is like 3/4 of my country average earnings per month)

I am going to buy  GTX1060 and i7-8th gen soon and hope Ashes runs on it. If not then i'll pass I guess, if it can run Witcher 3 on high on 75-80 fps then it should run MMO at least that good too lol  (probably better) :P

They have said it will run fine on a GTX 960 or better so that will do fine. The AMD equivalent of that would be an R7 370. The RX 560 I was using probably would have worked but would have pretty much only met minimum specs. It is more or less only on par with a GTX 960 or 1050.
    edited September 2018
    KiMi said:

A 1060 will do the job no doubt that is why I picked up an RX 480 it is more or less the Radeon equivalent. Well at least the 3gb model, would probably need an RX 580 to beat the 6gb model.