Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What would you name your NPC

One of the rewards from the Kickstarter for leader of men was to name an NPC. My question for you all is. What would you name your NPC and what would be their backstory?

I would name my NPC Dave. He would be one of the original people who lived in Verra before the end of the world serving a dark mage who cursed him to serve him forever. When the end came, he was burned and left as an undead butler, forever cleaning the destroyed manner house.

Comments

• Everyone knows that a butler has to be called Sebastian or something similar :3 I'd totatlly call my character Joe since it's so average.
  • Everyone knows that a butler has to be called Sebastian or something similar :3 I'd totatlly call my character Joe since it's so average.
    well he is one hell of a butler ^^
  • A camel named Buckafuffalo.
  • nagash said:
    Everyone knows that a butler has to be called Sebastian or something similar :3 I'd totatlly call my character Joe since it's so average.
    A shame he isn't undead eh ? ;) Well a Dave is decent too.
    Image result for Skeleton butler
  • nagash said:
    Everyone knows that a butler has to be called Sebastian or something similar :3 I'd totatlly call my character Joe since it's so average.
    A shame he isn't undead eh ? ;) Well a Dave is decent too.
    Image result for Skeleton butler
    I should have named him David E Cornez  ;)
  • Everyone just gonna disregard my boy Alfred? Alfred is a good butler too :/
  • Everyone just gonna disregard my boy Alfred? Alfred is a good butler too :/
    Alfred is the patron saint of butlers
  • A bard, named Wence, who would stand in a busy section and would tell a joke: Peet and R'Peet walked across a broken bridge; Peet fell in.  Who was left?   Answer: R'Peet.  Then it would be a hoot to see how long that lasts.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    no idea, but i do love creating names  o:)o:)o:)  o:)
  • Harry Kane, 'cause that has to be one of the better names out there. Former footy player.
  • A queen named Fyadorra 
  • (Soft knocks at the door)
    Chong: Who is it?
    Cheech: It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the stuff.
    (More knocks)
    Cheech: It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.
    Chong: Who?
    Cheech: It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.
    (More knocks)
    Cheech: It's, Dave, man. Will you open up, I got the stuff with me.
    Chong: Who?
    Cheech: Dave, man. Open up.
    Chong: Dave?
    Cheech: Yeah, Dave. C'mon, man, open up, I think the cops saw me.
    Chong: Dave's not here.
    Cheech: No, man, I'm Dave, man.
  • nagash said:
    Everyone just gonna disregard my boy Alfred? Alfred is a good butler too :/
    Alfred is the patron saint of butlers
    It all began with the Alfred, it's kind of like Alfred > Sebastian > Dave.
  • Harlequin Grimm.  Storyteller and thief.  Runs with a carnival as a musician, storyteller, and barker who increases the profits by the occasional light pick pocketing.
  • Harlequin Grimm.  Storyteller and thief.  Runs with a carnival as a musician, storyteller, and barker who increases the profits by the occasional light pick pocketing.
    I can see that happening way to well ^^ 
  • I would name a chicken, Clucky :naughty:
  • I would name a cat Mr. Princess. When you get close to him, you can hear him wheezing bc he is so fat. He would be too fat to move around and have a beautiful tiara with black shiny skulls for gems. The only way to get him to move is to drop food nearby his bowl. Then he would turn savage and damage anyone that got in the way of him rumbling, bumbling, stumbling to his next meal.
  • If they can not be killed or at the very least, always respawn, I'd name it after my little brother. He passed away a few years ago at the age of 24. If I had the money I'd do this. I know I have something like this unlocked in Star Citizen so that's what I tend to do with these sort of things.

If they can permanently die I'd come up with something really stupid xD
    edited July 2018
    I would name a cat Mr. Cuddles or Mr. Tinkles
    : 3
  • that's a lot of animal NPCs ^^
  • Aby something...  maybe... Aby Normal.
    edited August 2018
    Hello,Hello,
    Let me give it a go on this NPC names and backstory:

Eve and Ivory - Origins

Once upon a time, long long ago in the old world of Verra there was a powerful witch, a shift changer, the power that she was posses was something that was matching all most the Gods them self. She was on umbra in the night when the moon was shining bright , an master espion when she was looking and listening from the eyes and ears of the creatures of the land, a vape in waterfall she was when she was rejuvenating her life essence, a flame walker in the deepest and hottest volcanoes,  a monster of glace she was in the coldest mountains, but when she was moving places in large far distance she was like a jolt of lighting  destroying all in her path, a powerful witch was was ended. 
              But we all know every yin has it`s yang, that evil can not exist whit out good in the world  so to put it up strait there was a yang that was matching the witch of the wild. A young warrior existed in that time  , he was a tall man with powerful shoulders, a fierce, dark face and a knife-like mouth. He had muscular arms with blisters and bruises as dark as the shadows of twilight.There was something quite particular about our hero, perhaps it was that his face was shaped liked the moon. perhaps it was that he had a savage laughter which echoed in the distance beyond the stars,he was twice as strong and powerful unlike a normal man. His eyes were  blue and his hair was light brown which lurked and brushed backwards from his temples. Everybody thought that he had astonishing beauty right from when he was a baby. His features were chriselled  like a statue. His cheek bones were higher than normal which made him greater than everyone from his village but the ting that made him so deadly for his foes was his blood ... his shade of white blood,  a colour that resemble a substance found in the teeth and tusks of animals.
              Like all the stories they have a clash , in the day they was fighting and in the night they was resting. Their clash took 6 day but on the 7nt day in the they was barley alive any more, injured they look at each other, they laugh and then they fallen in love, and from their love a pear of twins, 2 beautiful girls have been born.
              Not long after the cataclysm happen the end and reborn of Verra, when the big bag the worrier was the shield of the girls wile the witch was casting a protection spell upon them.
              After the reborn of Verra a brave adventure (obviously me :smile: )  he notice something in the forest a rock type cocoon, he touch it, it brake and in side it was the 2 adorable girls, sleeping, he notice that on their neck they was having each a medallion  that was engrave their names: Eve and Ivory.

So this is like me origins of Eve and Ivory, will come back whit the description of their character and  good looks :):smile:

• I'd like to say I'd have a fun or punny NPC name, but in all honesty if a I had a chance to name a NPC in game I'd name the character after my mother who passed away 8 years ago.  I don't know if it would be remotely fitting or appropriate, but that's the thought I keep going back to whenever this subject arises. 
    edited August 2018
    I would make an NPC named "Bors," who is a weapons master and martial trainer. If you talk to Bors, he will give you a quest. If you complete the quest, he will teach you a new skill / ability of your choice from a list of choices.
  • Spun. sPun. Pun. "Spun, Master of Puns."
  •  I'm going to name a Dwarven Arena guard Farticus.

• This seems fun.

I'd name an NPC Edward Preach, the Cleric pirate.