Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Minimap

Could there be no Minimap. Full sized map is okay but... I've noticed more and more often I am focused more on the minimap than the actual world I am playing in.

Even if it's just the option to turn it off.

Comments

• They said they will be making a very flexible User Interface.  Hopefully, that means you and opt out of the mini map option.
  • I definitely want a minimap... 

But it will hopefully be a on/off option for those who wish to play without, so both camps are happy :)
  • TexTHKM said:
    I definitely want a minimap... 

But it will hopefully be a on/off option for those who wish to play without, so both camps are happy :)
    I can agree with that.

I do need a mini map but I don't wanna force anybody who doesn't want it to urgently have it. Just the same like an option of disabling other players in town (if you are not in a siege or any other pvp mode of course - that would be counterproductive).
  • TexTHKM said:
    I definitely want a minimap... 

This is so logical that it hurts.

Get out of here with your demon logic
  • I'm hoping it'll end up like FFXIV where you can toggle, move, and resize everything. Have a nice minimalist look with only the core necessities, or turn the game into internet explorer with too many toolbars.
  • To be honest, I miss the days of having to look up maps on an atlas website like in EQ 1 or actually having to refer to your cloth map like I did in Ultima Online. I'm sure they are going to have an ingame map but honestly, if there was no minimap, I wouldn't complain. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I agree I dont want a minipal for the same reason.

And with the actual map it would be cool if there were no details excelt for the main roads, terrain, hunting zone area names with landmark icons.

Group members should be visible on the map/minimap/combats only in order to give you a general direction.

I have played a game like this and it was very immersive. Lately with games I find that I just look at the minimap and the POI instead of the world in front of me. 
    "Mark X on map and mount in a straight line..." boring.

As for the option to remove it... meh if it is in the game it will be used.
    Conflict of interests.... Let's see what the devs will do.
  • I think before having a mini-map we should have to buy an actual map, or have a cartographer skill to fill it out ourselves :3
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    I think before having a mini-map we should have to buy an actual map, or have a cartographer skill to fill it out ourselves :3
    Yes....

The world is vast. We dont need points of interest to follow blindly.
    Exploratiom tied to a basic chartography concept would be very immersing.

-Hey guys lets go to this tropical place I found!

-...... are we there yet?
    -soon!
    -do you even know where we are going..?
    -ye I was there yesterday I've put it on my map.
    -gimme the map fool. You lucky we can kill guild members...... ok we close
  • I think before having a mini-map we should have to buy an actual map, or have a cartographer skill to fill it out ourselves :3
    Yea, something like this would be superb.
  • You will notice in the combat video in the Livestream there is a mini-map.