Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dwarven Ironclad Ship?

Hi Intrepid Studios and loyal followers of AoC. I have always had a fondness for Dwarves, for their sturdiness, rarity and underdog status in almost every fantasy lore. I'm wondering if you think there is a chance we will have an opportunity for an Ironclad themed ship skin? I'm an old Warhammer Fantasy Table Top player and these are the type of ships Dwarves would build in that realm. Are the Dunir going to be metal experts to the point where their ships are possibly the only metal ones on the high seas? 

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Please do this, OH and make sure the shorties drown the minute they enter the ship, they're just too heavy ;)
  • I can think of a few people you're going to get on well with @Dragnon ;)
  • Dwarves make the absolute best anchors!
  • Dwarves make the absolute best anchors!
  • Dwaves don't need ships...

Who the hell let you all out of the mines anyway...

BACK TO WORK YOU LAZY DWARVES   
  • Dragnon said:
    Hi Intrepid Studios and loyal followers of AoC. I have always had a fondness for Dwarves, for their sturdiness, rarity and underdog status in almost every fantasy lore. I'm wondering if you think there is a chance we will have an opportunity for an Ironclad themed ship skin? I'm an old Warhammer Fantasy Table Top player and these are the type of ships Dwarves would build in that realm. Are the Dunir going to be metal experts to the point where their ships are possibly the only metal ones on the high seas? 

What are your thoughts?

oh this brings back memories

• Spun666 said:
    Dwarves make the absolute best anchors!
    We maybe vertically challenged but we ain't DEAF damn it!
  • We will rule the seas with our Ironclads and black powder gunnery. The silly humans and elf things and their wooden ships will splinter into shards before being devoured by the Kraken.
  • Dragnon said:
    We will rule the seas with our Ironclads and black powder gunnery. The silly humans and elf things and their wooden ships will splinter into shards before being devoured by the Kraken.
    ....kinda sucks there is no black powder
  • I'm going to out on a limb here and say that fighting the Dünir would be like watching the Titanic sink,  hahaha. 
  • I'm going to out on a limb here and say that fighting the Dünir would be like watching the Titanic sink. 
  • I'm going to out on a limb here and say that fighting the Dünir would be like watching the Titanic sink. 
  • Perseus01 said:
    I'm going to out on a limb here and say that fighting the Dünir would be like watching the Titanic sink,  hahaha. 

You can say that again... oh wait, you did!  ;)

Is the game going to have coal-powered engines? An iron-clad is very much dependent on this, unless the Dwarves create a magical substitution for their ships' propulsion.

I wouldn't mind seeing metal-heavy Dwarven ships, but if they are present perhaps we can take the art to a new direction.
  • Jahlon said:
    Dragnon said:
    We will rule the seas with our Ironclads and black powder gunnery. The silly humans and elf things and their wooden ships will splinter into shards before being devoured by the Kraken.
    ....kinda sucks there is no black powder
    Silly Human thing, hold my ale.
  • All this talk about Dwarves and no one seems even brings up that Niküa alternatives

• All this talk about Dwarves and no one seems even brings up that Niküa alternatives

Now I want a Nikua named Mini-Maui.
  • I'm hoping the September skins have an Ironclad!!!!!!!!!!!