Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Interesting Development in the my.com debacle

Comments

• news flash

• This is good news.
    Thanks for passing it along here, @T-Elf.
    I know we'll all be waiting to see how this develops. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    In all honesty for me that's nothing else than a PR move. I mean I won't blame Steven for showing the community that he really does care about our concerns and to deliver that message to my.com, but the contract is already signed. Thus I just don't see anything more concrete coming from this than underlining the promises we already have.

...as long as it helps bringing the community back to its senses ;)
  • Steven for President!
  • He needed to hit one of the ganja cafes to destress after the rabble. Going to come to PAX with dreads and a whole mellow attitude. The sandals will match now.
  • I can picture the meeting now, as the meeting between Gandalf and Saruman.

I hope they don't lock Steven on top of their tower while they build an army of orcs.

• Thanks to @Santy182 for the update; it can't come too soon.
  • ok see it might be ok.. maybe...
  • Even though I'm not in the EU, seeing the EU player base up in arms about it, its good to see something is being looked into for them. I hope its not too late...
  • I am glad that Steve is taking this seriously. I just wouldn't trust my.com as far as I can spit, and would hold their feet to the fire given their (abysmal) track record.
  • T-Elf said:

Santy182 said:
    news flash

Thank you all @T-Elf and @Santy182  and @GMSteven   i am sorry i ever  doubted you, from now on will trust you whit no worries ! 
  • This a great news,  Thanks @T-Elf and @santy182 for keeping us up to date and @GMSteven for listening to your community and taking action.  I can drag myself of the Braver of Worlds tavern floor now.
  • @PJ_Rydecker i will join you
  • Hopefully the drinking can be in more of a positive mindset now.
  • Look i agree you are who you hang out with but,

I think whats happened here is the projections for the size of this game at launch are massive. Steven only has so much money. Because of laws, the EU has made it difficult for ashes to "make Europe happen" without a publisher. We don't know Ashes financial situation, to pony up 50+ million may put the development of the game in trouble. Remember the Kick starter was just a fraction of the game costs. Now why this publisher? because they have the biggest infrastructure? Were they willing to agree to what Steven wanted for a piece of the pie because of the massive potential? These guys obviously suck, so either Steven is a complete Idiot, or he has a plan. I don't think someone as smart as him with as much personally invested as he does would leave anything to hope or chance.
    Have faith my friends, the only other option is despair, and that usually gets people nowhere. Instead come hang out with me at the Braver of Worlds Inn, found in the general discussion, by the good InnKeeper Mazikar 
    http://https//forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/32213/braver-of-worlds-inn#latest  
  • Just wait till friday to see what happens 
    edited August 2018
    Yes, crossing fingers for my fellow EU players.  
  • damn, i just saw it by now... that should be highlighted, thats great news so far <3
  • Great update. I was starting to worry a little bit about the game even though I am in NA.  This is supposed to be a game for the players.  
  • Karthos said:
    I can picture the meeting now, as the meeting between Gandalf and Saruman.

I hope they don't lock Steven on top of their tower while they build an army of orcs.

Steven: "My.com" *bows*

After much quaffing of ale. And vodka...
    My.com: "You are sure of this? The community is perturbed over our involvement?"

Steven: "Beyond any doubt."

My.com: "So, the Hype Train has been derailed."

Steven: "All these long years it was in the Discord server and Forum, under my very nose."

My.com: "Yet you did not have the wit to see it. Your love of ArcheAge has clearly slowed your mind."

Steven: "But we still have time. Time enough to counter becoming another Revelation Online if we act quickly."

My.com: "Time?! What time do you think we have?"

[Steven and My.com take some vodka and confer in My.com's inner sanctum, amidst unanswered customer support tickets, cash shop items that offer numerous advantages, daubing of "LoL!" graffiti markings, and a few promo sheets declaring that My.com will NEVER be Pay2Win.]

My.com: "You did not seriously think that an independent studio could contend with the will of Cash Grab developers? There are none who can."

My.com: "Against the power of Pay2Win there can be no victory. We must join with it, Steven. We must use the cash shop for its end goal. It would be wise, partner."

Steven: "Tell me, 'partner', when did My.com the greedy abandon their tried and tested old ways to ensnare a Western MMO by changing their spots?!"

[With a shout, My.com calls security at Steven, throwing him up and pinning him against the far wall, then drops him heavily to the floor.]

• Karthos said:
    I can picture the meeting now, as the meeting between Gandalf and Saruman.

Steven: "My.com" *bows*

After much quaffing of ale. And vodka...
    My.com: "You are sure of this? The community is perturbed over our involvement?"

Steven: "Beyond any doubt."

My.com: "So, the Hype Train has been derailed."

Steven: "All these long years it was in the Discord server and Forum, under my very nose."

My.com: "Yet you did not have the wit to see it. Your love of ArcheAge has clearly slowed your mind."

Steven: "But we still have time. Time enough to counter becoming another Revelation Online if we act quickly."

My.com: "Time?! What time do you think we have?"

[Steven and My.com take some vodka and confer in My.com's inner sanctum, amidst unanswered customer support tickets, cash shop items that offer numerous advantages, daubing of "LoL!" graffiti markings, and a few promo sheets declaring that My.com will NEVER be Pay2Win.]

My.com: "You did not seriously think that an independent studio could contend with the will of Cash Grab developers? There are none who can."

My.com: "Against the power of Pay2Win there can be no victory. We must join with it, Steven. We must use the cash shop for its end goal. It would be wise, partner."

Steven: "Tell me, 'partner', when did My.com the greedy abandon their tried and tested old ways to ensnare a Western MMO by changing their spots?!"

[With a shout, My.com calls security at Steven, throwing him up and pinning him against the far wall, then drops him heavily to the floor.]

Perfect ^^
  • Ouch!
  • news flash

• Thx for sharing Santy
  • No IP blocking  that mean people from Europe can play as well USA version ? If people can play legal USA version game no one play Europe version then what reason publish it to Europe with that publisher ? Even we get region lock it's super easy this day pass it with VPN.
  • yes no IP blocking means you will be able to play in any of the NA servers without having to give any of your information to My.com and with no need for any kind of proxy or VPN
  • bless his little cotton socks he really is trying ^^

• Santy182 said:
    yes no IP blocking means you will be able to play in any of the NA servers without having to give any of your information to My.com and with no need for any kind of proxy or VPN
    These are great news ! Brightens up my day :)
  • Thanks a lot for that news !

But honnestly, even if it is good news and even if i trully think Steven what do this right, I'm still heavily worried (more than that, tbh) : Contract is already signed, and My.com is not gonna change what he usually does... I would like to be wrong on this, I deeply would. But no matter how hard Steven wants to do things right, if My.com has the legal use of the game, it's still over.

So, this is the bad part of the post : Can anyone explain me how to refund ? I tried to find, but haven't succeed. Maybe the reason is i'm bad in english language, but i didn't find the answer on the forum either.
    edited August 2018
    Darunya said:.

So, this is the bad part of the post : Can anyone explain me how to refund ? I tried to find, but haven't succeed. Maybe the reason is i'm bad in english language, but i didn't find the answer on the forum either.
    The answer is you can’t, at least not as a KS backer.  I’m not as sure about purchases made on the site here.

But that’s the point of pledging to KS; you’re not buying a product, you’re giving money because you want some cool project to happen and the project gives you a reward to thank you.  It’s always a gamble, it’s not the same as buying something from a retail store.  If you regret your purchase then you made a mistake.

People who start KS projects have no requirement to return money to backers who ask for it and in many cases they just can’t.  Some will offer refunds to avoid bad PR but Intrepid isn’t one of those groups.

My very first KS pledge was a dud.  The project made its funding goal but the guy running it had personal problems and ended up not being able to deliver anything promised.  It all folded and failed and everyone just lost their money with nothing to show for it (myself included).  That’s the risk you chose.  Luckily AoC seems to at least be happening even if you don’t like how everything has turned out.  All in all you’re luckier than many other backers have been.