Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha 1 and Beyond

I am wondering what will happen to the game when it moves out of Alpha 1. Will all the hard work of our characters be wiped when it moves on to the next testing stage or even full release? I know there was a wipe from Alpha 0 because that was pure bug testing, but wondering how many more if at all they will wipe.

Comments

• Giftedfox said:
    Will all the hard work of our characters be wiped when it moves on to the next testing stage or even full release?
    Hard work of your characters will be wiped before release.
  • You don't play Alpha and Betas like you would play a released game. You test them. The hard work is in finding bugs and breaking the game. There will be wipes in alpha and beta, and right up to release.
  • I would expect plenty of character wipes before final release. They have said the Alpha 2 server will become the test server after release, but whether the progress on A2 will wiped again on or after release who knows. 
  • As stated above, complete server wipes before full release has been confirmed:

• @Giftedfox :
    @LithiusV and @Neomir are right. The Alpha and Beta tests of Ashes of Creation are tests, not promotional demos labled at tests.

There will probably be wipes between the phases.
    There will be wipes, even on the public test server after release, when the saved character data between the old version and new version are incompatible.
  • yeah you may not even need to wait until a new phase for a wipe, everything will most likely be wiped without notice. maybe you will find a situation that requires daily wipes until they workout some bugs. And of course it's Steven confirmed that everything goes away upon release.
  • The "hard work" of Alpha is working with Intrepid to make sure the launch version of the game is the best it can be.

• Until the game is fully released you’re not really playing it.

Think about it like showing up to a party a couple of hours early.  They’re still setting things up, the food isn’t out yet, they haven’t turned on the music.  You might have a good time chatting with people but they’ll probably ask you to help them move around furniture or hang up some decorations since you’re there.
  • Steven: why you play! Only test! Test! Test! No fun! No fun! Test! *pulls out giant whip* 

/sarcasm No you can’t have fun playing the game until it’s fully released. Intrepid expects detailed bug reports from every tester. You should file your reports by 4:30 on the dot or face disciplinary action.  

Punishment is slapped arse by sandal. 
  • always remember knowledge is power, guard it well
  • nagash said:
    always remember knowledge is Sandals are power, guard it well
    fixed it, yw
  • reaccon said:
    nagash said:
    always remember knowledge is Sandals are power, guard it well
    fixed it, yw
    much better ^^
  • My gues would be a full wipe for release and i hope that they do it like that for sure. Alpha for sure is testing testing testing! beta will be the same but its more of playing the game that we will have at release and by that i mean that you play and level and try all systems and try to find bugs in them for them to fix and polish things.
  • I'm not sure this was a serious question?  
  • Crymoar said:
    I'm not sure this was a serious question?  

Just Internet things, youre good
  • Thanks for the repeated answers everyone lol, was just curious if the characters would happen when Alpha 2 hits.
  • Giftedfox said:
    Thanks for the repeated answers everyone lol, was just curious if the characters would happen when Alpha 2 hits.
    Sorry bud. But yea like the others said. Testing cycles are only just for that. Testing.

It would be hardcore Pay to Win if it were any other way, since you had to buy into Alpha one testing and beyond. If you just saved that progress come launch day you would be OP from day one.

Pretty much Pay to win my dude
  • Entitlement
  • Giftedfox said:
    Thanks for the repeated answers everyone lol, was just curious if the characters would happen when Alpha 2 hits.
    Phase 2 should have classes and even archetypes available. Though i am not sure anymore how many. Progression will reach till Lv25 as far as i remember
  • I taught it was lvl 20 and all base 8 archtype are playable
  • What about character names? I assume they'll get wiped with the characters? So we shouldn't use the ones we want for real game because someone will see how awesome it is and steal it before on live server? Or will they be allowed to reserve from there till live server?
  • Flameh0t said:
    What about character names? I assume they'll get wiped with the characters? So we shouldn't use the ones we want for real game because someone will see how awesome it is and steal it before on live server? Or will they be allowed to reserve from there till live server?
    Pooka knows there will be name reservation, but Pooka also knows it'll become first come first serve when reserving said name.

Pooka's 1 gold is worth more than your 1 gold.
  • Alpha and Beta are testing phases of course you can't keep your characters and progress, that would be a form of p2w :3
  • Pooka said:
    Flameh0t said:
    What about character names? I assume they'll get wiped with the characters? So we shouldn't use the ones we want for real game because someone will see how awesome it is and steal it before on live server? Or will they be allowed to reserve from there till live server?
    Pooka knows there will be name reservation, but Pooka also knows it'll become first come first serve when reserving said name.

Pooka's 1 gold is worth more than your 1 gold.
    Yeah but you had to pay at least an extra $500 minimum to get your 1 gold to be worth more than my 1 gold.. Ashes P2W..

But thankyou for telling me what I already knew and answering none of my questions.
  • Flameh0t said:
    The details for this havent been made available yet.

Those with access to name reservations will get to do so from an email sent to them directly when Intrepid is ready for those reservations to be made in the system.

If I had to wager, I'd say yes the character names will get wiped after they move into alpha two. Beyond that isnt known, since alpha two will become the sever for PTS testing at a some point (Per Intrepid comments)

If you'd like you could go to the discord channel where sometimes Steven or Intrepid will answer impromptu questions if they are available. Which they have been active lately!
  • Flameh0t said:
    The details for this havent been made available yet.

Those with access to name reservations will get to do so from an email sent to them directly when Intrepid is ready for those reservations to be made in the system.

If I had to wager, I'd say yes the character names will get wiped after they move into alpha two. Beyond that isnt known, since alpha two will become the sever for PTS testing at a some point (Per Intrepid comments)

If you'd like you could go to the discord channel where sometimes Steven or Intrepid will answer impromptu questions if they are available. Which they have been active lately!
    Great, finally someone who actually knows how to answer a question, thanks heaps!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Flameh0t said:
    What about character names?

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:
    Oh, Pooka does believe he did answer a question that his friend, @Flameh0t asked, maybe @Pooka's friend, @Flameh0t, should ask better questions.  @Flameh0t cannot fool @Pooka.
  • Pooka said:
    Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:
    Oh, Pooka does believe he did answer a question that his friend, @Flameh0t asked, maybe @Pooka's friend, @Flameh0t, should ask better questions.  @Flameh0t cannot fool @Pooka.
    The brain damage is strong with this one...
  • Flameh0t said:
    Pooka said:
    Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:
    @Pooka is sorry that his fan, @Flameh0t has brain damage then.  @Pooka did not mean to be insensitive.  @Pooka will nwo allow you to ask vague question in lieu of @Pooka's fan, @Flameh0t, development of brain damage.

@Pooka still loves @Flameh0t no matter how special @Flameh0t is.
  • Flameh0t said:
    Pooka said:
    Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:

Flameh0t said:
    Dont take it personally my dude. He's having some
    forum fun.

Ashes community is pretty hyped right now with everything going on and Alpha One on the way 👍🏻