Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Off topic

While fucking around at work I visited
Earth Wonders on FB
After scrolling for a good 15min I got a sense of sadness that I, like the vast majority of people dont get to experience such travels, or we get like 4-5 good ones in our entire lifetime.
Those that often have such experiences are in my opinion the ones closest to finding happines, the meaning if life.

Now if AoC could copy some environments, and make a gameplay system that you get to adventure in such environments that would be great xD
(unlike ESO in which you speed past everything on the back of your mount)

Comments

• Lord of the Rings Online felt like that to me.  I felt like a tourist in a foreign world going from place to place.  And the Shire felt like a home I wish I’d had.

I hope Verra can feel like that.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    While fucking around at work I visited
    Earth Wonders on FB
    After scrolling for a good 15min I got a sense of sadness that I, like the vast majority of people dont get to experience such travels, or we get like 4-5 good ones in our entire lifetime.
    Those that often have such experiences are in my opinion the ones closest to finding happines, the meaning if life.

Now if AoC could copy some environments, and make a gameplay system that you get to adventure in such environments that would be great xD
    (unlike ESO in which you speed past everything on the back of your mount)
    You should be happy then!

As surprisingly enough, the world of Verra is mostly non fast travelable. As steven himself actually stated that he and his team limits that so that the world can be appreciated! And normally I wouldn't like this approach, but again no other game has the level of interaction and open world environment Like AoC does

And the environments already shown all have striking looks. And the weather changes ingame will be amazing! Cant wait to see how the Underealm is affected by the upper world (Steven confirmed this)

So for the first time since Skyrim was first released, I'm actually really excited just to explore the world of Verra and discover all the cool bits of lore and (hopefully!) those ultra rate legendary weapons that are scattered in the world

Plus seeing players out in the wilderness in this game is going to invariably the most unique experience in ages 😂
    edited August 2018
    Oh yes. Seeing other players in open world games is exciting.
    New enemy?
    New friend?
    New rival?
    Guild invite?
    Group to duo deeper in the area?
    Form a group to go even deeper?
    Chase a Corrupt Player?
    Get wipe by Corrupt Player?
    Unlike theme park mmorpgs in which you just get annoyed by them because they are killing the same 10 mobs you need for the same boring type of quest you have been doing since lv 1.
  • Since there is a big lack of fast travel and exploration will be a key feature of the game (we are coming back to the world) you can expect some traveling and exploration around the world (Also the potential corrupted player trying to kill you maybe :>)
    edited August 2018
    Oh yes. Seeing other players in open world games is exciting.
    New enemy?
    New friend?
    New rival?
    Guild invite?
    Group to duo deeper in the area?
    Form a group to go even deeper?
    Chase a Corrupt Player?
    Get wipe by Corrupt Player?
    Unlike theme park mmorpgs in which you just get annoyed by them because they are killing the same 10 mobs you need for the same boring type of quest you have been doing since lv 1.
    Since there is a big lack of fast travel and exploration will be a key feature of the game (we are coming back to the world) you can expect some traveling and exploration around the world (Also the potential corrupted player trying to kill you maybe :>)
    Yeap! Exactly what I was thinking!

The biggest excitment for me besides the lore (I'm a huge lore fanatic) Is the exploration aspect! Something I havent really felt excited about since the Single player open world games.

Elder scrolls online had a decent exploration tidbits but the fast travel kinda ruined the experience for me as the game now feels more like a rat race meta chase more than an open world MMO.

So the limits of fast travel For Ashes Of Creation will be a breath of fresh air to enjoy AoC's and Intrepids really nice designs!
  • Atama said:
    Lord of the Rings Online felt like that to me.  I felt like a tourist in a foreign world going from place to place.  And the Shire felt like a home I wish I’d had.

Even though it's an old MMO, the world building in it was top, top notch.
  • Kratz said:
    Atama said:
    Lord of the Rings Online felt like that to me.  I felt like a tourist in a foreign world going from place to place.  And the Shire felt like a home I wish I’d had.

The taverns here will be better 👍🏻

I almost forgot players random freeholds and taverns will have full interaction as you run into them here 
  • Kratz said:
    Atama said:

I almost forgot players random freeholds and taverns will have full interaction as you run into them here 
    lol they should be. I look forward to seeing you in the nearest one.
  • So excited, i cannot wait
  • reaccon said:
    So excited, i cannot wait

Same my friend!

Kratz said:
    Kratz said:
    Atama said:

lol they should be. I look forward to seeing you in the nearest one.
    You as well! 

Hopefully not in the wilds with any corrupted tho 😂
  • Im REALLY looking forward to the tavern environments and hope it has that old school SWG feel. 
  • While fucking around at work I visited
    Get back to work you time stealing swine!

@Pooka cares for you and hope you don't get fired for doing the same things @Pooka is doing now........

@Pooka must get back to work now.