Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Effects on character body (from abilities or other sources)

So in the mmorpg that I play atm there are numerous abilities that improve our characters but instead of looking like, let's say a warrior wrapped in thunder that moves fast we get a see through blue ghost looking warrior that runs fast. The rogues instead of having shadows covering them, they look like a 1970s bad reception tv channel. There was another effect that would increase your defence after stunning an enemy that make our characters look like they were covered head to toe in poop. All brown. How dump. How lazy.

I would like to ask the AoC devs to create abilities that add nice auras and effects to our characters and not replace our characters with lazy work such as full coloured bodies.
Imagine how annoying it is if you play a battlemage that looks blue all the time since you need that selfbuff, or a rogue that looks greyed out COMPLETELY all the time.

The only ability that I liked in the game that completely transformed the looks of my character was one DragonKnight ultimate called Magma Armor in which the character would take a power stance (not that you could see animations in actual combat since Animation Cancelling was a thing), let out a dragon shout and become invincible for 10s dealing armor piercing dmg.
The character would become covered in Lava but that was only for a short period of that would make you say "cool"

So so sum it up, for example if you want to give a battle mage a thunder aura self buff, just add lightning effects around the body, dont turn the body blue. I think players would like that

Comments

• That does sound really interesting. I don't think it will be in ashes but if they do make a ashes TT game it would fit in so well.
  • I don't think they will copy visual designs from ESO into Ashes.
  • Hmm sounds good but at the same time even if it's magic if you have lightning all around you it would be like a cloak spell unless you want purely cosmetic lightning that breaks immersion :/ . Maybe a small crackle of lightning and some glowy lines on the body :3 
  • For all that is unholy, If I choose to create an elderly character, please allow that character to have an elderly body as well as face.  Mind you, would love an elderly gait when walking too, but I suppose I can manage with the run of the mill  21 y.o. olympic sprinter...
  • Draugar said:
    For all that is unholy, If I choose to create an elderly character, please allow that character to have an elderly body as well as face.  Mind you, would love an elderly gait when walking too, but I suppose I can manage with the run of the mill  21 y.o. olympic sprinter...
    It the power of dead and elderly. The just don't stop