Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which Race are you thinking of starting out with?

For me its all about the Elves tho! Its the ears 😂

Definitely making a Tulnar though for an alt as them and the Underealm look way to cool not to at least use. 

I'm sure that once @GMSteven lets just a little bit of those juicy racial backgrounds out at last, we'll get some more ideas where we'll want to go 😁

Remember the races will have their own specific armor looks, and they will affect ingame Nodes developing based on players and their characters affiliated races and make the design of buildings different for everything. Even some of the quest options and dialouge will be radically different in every single node on each server! 

LINK To everything known on Races and Intrepid comments on them below
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Races

Personally love this aspect as its a refreshing diversity aspect that affects real time progression :)

Comments

• Vek at this point in time though this may change depending on how the racial skill/bonuses pan out, so may change to dunir. Need to wait and see if either of these 2 races have any bonuses to gathering in any way.
  • Varkun said:
    Vek at this point in time though this may change depending on how the racial skill/bonuses pan out, so may change to dunir. Need to wait and see if either of these 2 races have any bonuses to gathering in any way.
    Nice! The Vek do have a really interesting description on them from Intrepids basic background of them. Stargazers and (seemingly) fortunetellers.

I'm fairly certain Intrepid said races wouldnt have any inherent crafting bonuses and that they would be on equal footing for that. I want to say it was Jeff who mentioned it would be that way. I know there will be augments from the world skill lines though that offer benifits to it, and the type of node as well.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Always go with humans and the lore on these is closest to my heritage. Not interested in Race abilities/passives. Mastering a class has more to do with perfecting your playstyle and understand your enemies and not about Meta chasing 
  • I'm still unsure. It depends a lot on how they actually look in game. Our first looks at the elves was pretty underwhelming, imo. Most of my friends I showed the game to didn't even notice she was an elf.
  • Always go with humans and the lore on these is closest to my heritage.
    Um, I hope your real-life heritage is closest to “human”...?
  • Either a Kaelnar human or a Pyrian elf :) Narrowed it down to those two. 
  • Kaelar*
  • Magic is all about elegance ;)
  • Well if it wouldn't be for racial stats, I would play Dwarves only. But as I like to min-max, I'll probably chose the apropriate race for my class.
    But still If the racial stats let me do the Dwarves with low loss, then I'll be dwarf. :disappointed:

• I am type of boring lad that plays boring old humans mostly, but at least this time I can roleplay I am rebuilding empire of ma-I mean Kaelar.
  • As much as it hurts me I will be playing as Empryean Elf 
  • nagash said:
    As much as it hurts me I will be playing as Empryean Elf 

•  At least there'll be two Dwarves ingame.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Sonicfani said:
    I am type of boring lad that plays boring old humans mostly, but at least this time I can roleplay I am rebuilding empire of ma-I mean Kaelar.
    I dont think they will be boring in this iteration, Steven and his team dont seem the type that will be making it as stale as in other games. Or giving out random bonuses to them just to make them more attractive 

But we'll see soon! And yea the way everything works together from day one of your choice affecting small things is really neat, so any rp, could quite literally show up on the ingame world scale
  • Sintu said:
    nagash said:

I just hope I can wear a death mask to hide my stupid face
  • nagash said:
    hehehe welcome to the team
  • Want to come from the bowels of the earth. 
  • Kratz said:
     At least there'll be two Dwarves ingame.

Sintu said:
    nagash said:

I lol'd for real 😂 

@Kratz yeah I'm really curious about how the Nikua Dwarves will be. They are so radically different from the usual tolkien ones
  • nagash said:
    Why will it hurt? The racials will be flavorful but wont be a necessity for any build unless you're a 0.1% min maxer for a very specific setup I suppose
  • I think Kaelar would be my way to go, but ill wait and see
  • Kaelar should be pretty interesting.

I like the way that Intrepid kind of spun their story. That in the world they escaped to from the corruption (The world without magic) the Kaelar kind of had the biggest empire. 

So now that they are in the world with magic its more than likely gonna shake up their usual confidence since humans are generally more numerous and have easier time without magic than the other races.

• yeah actually, i personally love how much Detail they try to put into every single System or function of the game. The lore must be really amazing and i cant wait to explore more of it. This game is probably gonnabe one of the first that will make me engage with several characters, just to experience different races and religions in the game
  • reaccon said:
    yeah actually, i personally love how much Detail they try to put into every single System or function of the game. The lore must be really amazing and i cant wait to explore more of it. This game is probably gonnabe one of the first that will make me engage with several characters, just to experience different races and religions in the game
    Exactly my thoughts.

I hate and love how they are keeping all the lore secret for now besides very basic descriptions >_<

It will make exploring unique though
  • reaccon said:
    yeah actually, i personally love how much Detail they try to put into every single System or function of the game. The lore must be really amazing and i cant wait to explore more of it. This game is probably gonnabe one of the first that will make me engage with several characters, just to experience different races and religions in the game
    Exactly my thoughts.

I hate and love how they are keeping all the lore secret for now besides very basic descriptions >_<

It will make exploring unique though

haha agree a 100% its a real love hate relationship, but ist for the better they dont give us too much hints about it :D
  • "We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight"....oh, wrong universe.
    Dunir Dwarves, naturally.
  • "We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight"....oh, wrong universe.
    Lmao 😂

I hope its like that kind of in Ashes
    Lmao 😂

I hope its like that kind of in Ashes
    Yanâd Durinul!
  • Still I think Empryeans will have the easiest time adjusting back to the magical world since humans had the advantage in the world of "Sanctus" the world without magic that they are leaving 😜
  • I’ll be honest, I want my main to be a tank and I tried to think of what would be the least stereotypical tank race and settled on elf.  I think taking an elf and trying to make him look as badass as I can will be a fun challenge.

I like the Empyrean style in concept art and their authoritarian outlook fits what I envision for my character so I was able to pick confidently.
  • Human, orc or tulnar, depending on how theyll look in game and what stats they have.