Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Talk snippets from cologne meeting

Hello dear Ashlings,

besides the interview we were able to have with Steven, there were of course more conversations yesterday. Riddah from the Autumn Leaf Guild has sent us his notes. We have prepared something for you.

Of course, the topic of infrastructure and publishers was not left out yesterday either. Steven was in Amsterdam on Friday and spent 7 hours there talking to 15 senior staff members of my.com about the grievances reported by the community. Various topics were covered, such as the two factor authentication and that the payment/subscription model is not changed by my.com. All European players will have to create an account at my.com and the data will also be stored at my.com, but they will be encrypted so that only Intrepid Studios can evaluate the data. So you will have to create 2 accounts if you want to play on the European and North American servers. One at Intrepid Studios and one at my.com.

Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment, it was no longer asked whether a subscription was needed for both accounts after the merge.

According to Steven, there are currently considerations in North America to set up a server for players from Europe. Here the usual events would be adapted to the prime time of Europe, so the server would run with the European time zone. This way you could also use your subscription in North America. Nevertheless, we would like to point out once again that my.com is only the publisher. The development of the game is in the hands of Intrepid, my.com as publisher has no influence on the development of the game. The task of a publisher is to market the game in the respective region and to bring it to the players, to provide the infrastructure and to provide the support. It follows the developer's instructions, not the other way around. This also applies to localization. Steven explained yesterday that the game should be localized in the following languages: German, English, French and Russian. After about 6 more months, an Italian and a Spanish version are planned to be made available.

The voice output many players are hoping for will only appear in greetings from non-player characters. A full localized and audible output is therefore not to be expected. For translation, Intrepid Studios provides special developer tools to make the translation easier and faster for the publisher my.com.

In a conversation with Jeffrey Bard, Riddah was able to ask questions about Raids. Suppose there is too much mining and a dragon is awakened, it needs 9 raid groups. According to Jeffrey Bard, a raid group will consist of 40 people. So 360 player will be busy fighting a dragon. We find: That's quite a number. And what about the loot? First of all, Jeffrey Bard wants to point out that you don't kill the dragon for its prey, but because it threatens the city. Of course there will be loot, but this will probably only go to the group that was the first to inflict damage to the dragon. However, such enemies will not drop special materials that are particularly rare. Whether to award a title as a reward for all participants is still under discussion.

There has also been talk of cities. With regard to sieges, it should be said that characters cannot run through other characters. So there is a collision detection. You won't be able to run through enemies or allies. To prevent trolls from blocking the city gate, there will be several entrances and exits to a city and there will be other ways to break up such blockades. Which ones wasn't told.

Metropolises will enjoy certain advantages that are not normally available. There won't be any fast travel options in the game, but the science metropolis, for example, will be able to build a portal that can be used to portal to certain regions. A trading metropolis will be able to build an auction house and should another trading metropolis emerge alongside the sphere of influence of this metropolis, these two auction houses will merge with each other. Jeffrey Bard likes the military metropolis best, true to the motto "rule with an iron hand". The market will probably be the most frequented place in the respective cities. Here you will be able to rent market stalls and sell your goods.

A non-player character then represents the seller. There will also be bulletin boards where you can post your inquiries and requests. In taverns there will be mini-games such as card games or board games.

Jeffrey Bard said a lot of things. From our forum we know that it is an important topic for some players. Marriages will definitely be possible and there will be bonuses that have not yet been set. The guild capes in the kickstarter packages of "Leader of Men" and above are freely configurable. Before the usual suspects rub their hands: There will be controls.

The crafting system will be very extensive. Any profession can be practised in parallel. For example, mining and blacksmithing. However, if you spread out over several professions, you will not be able to drive them to perfection. If you want to forge a masterly two-handed sword, you will have to put all your points into the art of forging for two-handed sword. The materials used will also have an influence on this. There will be different material classes, from normal to "super epic rare". Within the quality levels there will still be good and less good items. The values of an armor, for example, cannot be adjusted after the forging process.

If you don't like them, the armor has to be destroyed and re-forged. Of course, you get some materials back when you destroy them, but not everything. Your equipment will break down, so a blacksmith will have to repair it with the appropriate materials. With the miner, it will be possible to find higher quality levels of ore the more specialized you are.

For all those who like to play craftsmen. The best items in the game are generally made by craftsmen, but there will also be a few very good items from boss opponents.

General information has also fallen. The distribution of the Kickstarter-Backer and Upgrade-Package-Owners is divided as follows: Approximately 50% is in North America, 35% EU and 15% to RU and the other much loved countries of the world. The time windows for Alpha 1 Phase 1 should be approx. 11 am to 5 pm PDT, i.e. 8 pm to 2 am at GMT+2.

The beta phases will be short and are only there to fix bugs. As has been said so often lately, there will be no open beta. There will be no trial period for new players. At the moment, however, they are considering setting up a separate server on which you can play up to level 10 or 15. If you like the game, you can transfer the character after subscribing. So there will be no bots and gold sellers in the normal game.

Before the release you will probably be able to create a character using a separate application. After the game is released, there will also be an app to interact with the market and guild features.

Comments

• Great work there and some nice information (especially regarding the European servers)! So cool to see our German community in action! <3
  • Thanks for this info! <3
  • Thanks for the information :3 great work 
  • Very nice! :smile: I really like the information about the crafting :heart:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Interesting information about the NA server with EU times. Well the potential of having them that is, since it's not confirmed to happen.
  • Unfortunately I have to tell you that the time I wrote the article was a little later. Apparently I can't count at this late hour. If a raid group consists of 40 people and you need 9 groups to kill a dragon, you do not need 450 players, but "only" 360 players. So sorry. Number is already corrected on ashestalk.de , again, sry for the confusion.
  • Great post !! Thanks 😊
  • Thanks for sharing this Info with us, and thanks for all the other effort you guys have put in! much love :*   <3
  • Goschkin said:

General information has also fallen. The distribution of the Kickstarter-Backer and Upgrade-Package-Owners is divided as follows: Approximately 50% is in North America and Canada, 35% in Europe and the rest in the world. The time windows for Alpha 1 Phase 1 should be approx. 11 am to 5 pm PDT, i.e. 8 pm to 2 am at GMT+2.

50% backers NA n Canada, 35% of them are EU n the rest of the world.. That's 85%? Theres another 15% of backers that aren't NA, Canada, EU or the rest of the world.. Aliens? 

On a more serious note.. 
    The times are all well n good, but completely pointless without a day/date?!?! 
  • Canada is part of North America. No need to say NA and Canada.  :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Flameh0t said:
    50% backers NA n Canada, 35% of them are EU n the rest of the world.. That's 85%? Theres another 15% of backers that aren't NA, Canada, EU or the rest of the world.. Aliens? 

On a more serious note.. 
    BDO asian fans jumping western train? :D

• Flameh0t said:

On a more serious note.. 
    Russia probably most of the last 15%?

Is Russia not part of "the rest of the world"? 
  • Come on guys, 15% are the rest of the world. And the days will probaly wednesday to saturday for the first week.
  • Excellent work @Goschkin! Glad to see you and your friends join https://ashesofcreation.wiki/ to help with translation. Thanks for the info.
  • I had corrected it and wrote the same, but in different words and much more love.
  • Great information resource for quick reference thanks!