Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC Might Live for 3-months like all the other Asian-trash in the Market

People are just savvy craftsmen; let's put that out there. Also, let's put the fact I've always preferred crafty games to dragging, brute-force games. This game might be a 3-month marathon for me if it's as crafty as a child's drool. Let me explain my philosophy. I won't give specifics because that's weird. I am not making the game. But i will explain somethings that will give some of the intrepid team a feeling somewhere in the back of their heads of what i see as a better game.

1. Crafty Navigation: I assume knowing your way around the map of this world will be crucial. If so, imagine these situations. First, imagine if the routes Caravans can take are fixed as rigid as stone. That would be drool-inducing. However, imagine if players can drive Caravans, allowing them to smuggle the Caravans like Mexicans be? Imagine if players can send two caravans; one empty and one stocked. The empty one is like a way to check the route, and the second one carries all the valuable stock. Also, imagine if players can use Caravans to camp campers. As in, a bunch of A-holes clog the path and scavenge every Caravan. What if they let them have the Caravan and back stab them while they're busy looting. Imagine if players can attach bombs to Caravans and send them to other Nodes they aren't in favoring grounds. Imagine these plays and how much more crafty and savvy they're compared to having a fixed, rigid path.
  2. Crafty politics: This one concerns alliances and nodes; basically mass-scale relationships. There is the traditional stuff that is related to maintaining good ground with other nodes and other groups of players. However, what if the game actively makes it hard to maintain alliances. I know, i know. that's a rather weird thing to say... but think about. Having an alliance composed of three hundred plus players can be handy, but it can also be a way to trump the competition, and especially it can be highly rewarding. What if, since alliances are such a large reward for a small effort in most games, what if maintaining them is of difficult proportions. This will mean having smaller guilds will be more inviting, which will mean smaller bubbles of players, which will force them to get crafty. A marching army can walk over a node, but a marching twenty to thirty player guild can't just run over their competition. They've to get crafty and trudge carefully. What i am saying is that the game should actively make it difficult to maintain a relationship of massive scale. It should thus encourage smaller guilds, which will mean players have to really get crafty.
  3. Lastly, which is the most obvious, the combat system should be supported by smartly designed environment that utilizes its quirks. If there is dashing, then there should be ways the environment can block to force the player to look rather than button-mash. Point being, the environment shouldn't be green-fields with no bumps.
These are the core of how i think this game will survive: limiting the players so they'll really have to think their way to success... not march their way to success.

Comments

• Well I'm sure Intrepid have a general idea of what they want to do :3
  • Great post here are my thoughts on your ideas.

1. Seems most likely thing to be in actual game  since what you said resonates strongly with what Steven has said, game lacking fast travel mechanics and the fact that caravans can (may?) supply sieges adds lot to this idea.

2. Not sure how I feel about this since with limited amount of nodes conflict can start naturally, but I am sure Intrepid will add something to make sure few mega guild dont just ally up and monopoly everything.

3. I like environment effecting combat, but I am skeptical if Intrepid can actually pull it off or its just PR speak. In battletech if your mech stands on "rough" terrain it will take more stability damage (read will fall over much easier) something like this tailored to Ashes of course would be amazing to see like electricity doing more damage if enemy stands in water.

"The rogue is master of opportunity, using skill, positioning, and  the environment to dish out frightening amounts of damage. In their downtime, they provide solid utility, helping their friends navigate dangers otherwise unseen."

• Saw this thread title and thought I was going to have to wear a dress...….phew.
  • 1. Players choose routes, but they will likely have to be on a road. If you hired, or have, a player with amazing exploration skills being able to go off road, on a predetermined (not in the moment) path would be fun.

2. You don't have to maintain an alliance with 600 peeps. Just a few peeps at the top, the other 590 have allegiance to their guild leaders.

3. I think LOS blocking will be a thing with the environment.
  • Sonicfani said:
    Great post here are my thoughts on your ideas.

1. Seems most likely thing to be in actual game  since what you said resonates strongly with what Steven has said, game lacking fast travel mechanics and the fact that caravans can (may?) supply sieges adds lot to this idea.

2. Not sure how I feel about this since with limited amount of nodes conflict can start naturally, but I am sure Intrepid will add something to make sure few mega guild dont just ally up and monopoly everything.

3. I like environment effecting combat, but I am skeptical if Intrepid can actually pull it off or its just PR speak. In battletech if your mech stands on "rough" terrain it will take more stability damage (read will fall over much easier) something like this tailored to Ashes of course would be amazing to see like electricity doing more damage if enemy stands in water.

"The rogue is master of opportunity, using skill, positioning, and  the environment to dish out frightening amounts of damage. In their downtime, they provide solid utility, helping their friends navigate dangers otherwise unseen."

I am happy about seeing that quote of Steven. I will nail it somewhere and when the game releases, I will be ready with a greatsowrd twice my body.
  • AoC isn’t an Asian game; it’s made by Intrepid Studios in San Diego which I’m pretty sure is in the US.

Here’s your “Asian” development team:
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/the-team/

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018

the game isnt even in Alpha yet and its community is waiting for it to come out for almost 2 years already, knowing that it wont release before approx 2020, while having a constantly growing community.

I simply cant imagine, that the game would die in just 3 months, just my 2 Cents. though, nice thoughts around it

edited August 2018
    Atama said:
    AoC isn’t an Asian game; it’s made by Intrepid Studios in San Diego which I’m pretty sure is in the US.

You must be lagging? I know AoC isn't an Asian-developed game. I know... now i suggest you go get a better router. Ask mommy to lend you twenty dollars. 
    edited August 2018
    reaccon said:

the game isnt even in Alpha yet and its community is waiting for it to come out for almost 2 years already, knowing that it wont release before approx 2020, while having a constantly growing community.

I simply cant imagine, that the game would die in just 3 months, just my 2 Cents. though, nice thoughts around it

Good input. AoC will definitely last more than three months. Whatever time it will last, what i said will add to it IMO.
  • SethGure said:
    Atama said:
    AoC isn’t an Asian game; it’s made by Intrepid Studios in San Diego which I’m pretty sure is in the US.

You must be lagging? I know AoC isn't an Asian-developed game. I know... now i suggest you go get a better router. Ask mommy to lend you twenty dollars. 

"AoC Might Live for 3-months like all the other Asian-trash in the Market"

guess he was answering on your title
  • reaccon said:
    SethGure said:
    Atama said:

You must not understand what a sentence construction is! this sort of sentence is called "A Simile" Construction. If you still don't know what a simile is, here is a quickie.
    Simile: a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ).
  • i can make it a sandwich
  • reaccon said:
    i can make it a sandwich
    ?
    edited August 2018
    SethGure said:
    reaccon said:
    SethGure said:
    Atama said:

You must not understand what a sentence construction is! this sort of sentence is called "A Simile" Construction. If you still don't know what a simile is, here is a quickie.
    Simile: a figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind, used to make a description more emphatic or vivid (e.g. as brave as a lion ).
    Your communication skills are poor.  You did not construct a proper simile.  You did not say it was “like Asian trash”, which would be a simile.  You said it was “like all the other Asian trash”.  By doing so, you have grouped it together as Asian trash.  You also included a superfluous hyphen with “Asian-trash”.  And don’t even get me started on your total ineptitude with capitalization (“A Simile”, really?)  Don’t jump on others about your perception of their grasp of English when yours is so shaky.  It makes you look buffoonish.

My suspicion is that you actually thought this was an Asian MMO when you started the thread and now you’re backpedaling when you realized your mistake (otherwise why even bring it up in the subject).  You’re not the first one to make this mistake, though I’m not sure why this keeps happening.  But don’t double-down with these ridiculous explanations about non-existent similes.  You screwed up, no big deal.  I just dislike misinformation and seek to correct it when it is presented.
  • KooAtama said:
    SethGure said:
    reaccon said:
    SethGure said:
    Atama said:

Your communication skills are poor.  You did not construct a proper simile.  You did not say it was “like Asian trash”, which would be a simile.  You said it was “like all the other Asian trash”.  By doing so, you have grouped it together as Asian trash.  You also included a superfluous hyphen with “Asian-trash”.  And don’t even get me started on your total ineptitude with capitalization (“A Simile”, really?)  Don’t jump on others about your perception of their grasp of English when yours is so shaky.  It makes you look buffoonish.

My suspicion is that you actually thought this was an Asian MMO when you started the thread and now you’re backpedaling when you realized your mistake (otherwise why even bring it up in the subject).  You’re not the first one to make this mistake, though I’m not sure why this keeps happening.  But don’t double-down with these ridiculous explanations about non-existent similes.  You screwed up, no big deal.  I just dislike misinformation and seek to correct it when it is presented.
    Beat me to it lol, seth, glass houses bro!

-CS
    edited August 2018
    Atama said:
    SethGure said:
    reaccon said:
    SethGure said:
    Atama said:

I have been here since the first donors, since before your daddy made that mistake that night; and i am fully aware of it... check  my history....
    To help you, Professor DumbledoreSnob  [ https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/31988/finally-4-million-kickstarter-we-made-it#latest ]
  • Professor DumbledoreSnob, I can accept that monicker.
    edited August 2018
    Atama said:
    Professor DumbledoreSnob, I can accept that monicker.
    Your dad must've got bored mid-way, and after a 3-minute drag, Atama The Asian-Trash, splashed fast. You're probably as interesting as a washrag, go get a life fag; i am known as a killer; a high-class fag skinner; if you run to your hag mom, i'll spill your insides; if you haven't guessed by now , i enjoy cooking snitches.
  • SethGure said:
    Atama said:
    Your dad must've got bored mid-way and after a 3-minute drag, Atama The Asian-Trash, splashed out.
    You are a class act my friend. :)
  • Atama said:
    SethGure said:
    Atama said:
    Your dad must've got bored mid-way and after a 3-minute drag, Atama The Asian-Trash, splashed out.
    You are a class act my friend. :)
    I added some more if you enjoy getting a wider ass.
  • SethGure said:
    Atama said:
    Your dad must've got bored mid-way, and after a 3-minute drag, Atama The Asian-Trash, splashed fast. You're probably as interesting as a washrag, go get a life fag; i am known as a killer; a high-class fag skinner; if you run to your hag mom, i'll spill your insides; if you haven't guessed by now , i enjoy cooking snitches.
    Buh bye
This discussion has been closed.