Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

So how many accounts are you planning to make?

The above is a guy with 36 Wow accounts, and yes he plays his own raids alone. I think this is a little overboard, but hey people have their hobbies, so I guess this is his. 
Anyway, with AoC being on the edge for finally giving most of us what we want out of an MMO, do you see yourself having at least 2 or 3 accounts? Me, I have my family, so I might be doing about 5 accounts, maybe a little more, just depends. lol, It's a hard sell to break some of them away from what they are playing now. 

So what do you see yourself doing, as far as open accounts? 

Comments

• One. I have spent enough on just one...I can’t imagine having more. 
  • One and only one
  • The One the only one!
  • Just one.  Sounds like we'll have plenty to do based on that alone.
  • I agree, one account is more than enough, but in my case, I have a family that will play, so I have to make more than one account. There goes more money lol. Can I get a discount, Steven? hehe
  • The one and lonely ohne! 
  • lol.. but it seems he had no friends? :)
    1 is enough.
  • Well! I will start with one....... it really depends how many character slots we get.  I love an Alt or two. Sooooooooo.......
  • Well! I will start with one....... it really depends how many character slots we get.  I love an Alt or two. Sooooooooo.......
    I feel the same way, really depends how many character slots you can have on one account. Though for me it is more about the crafting side of things, there is much to yet be revealed before a second account might come into calculations.

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Any additional accounts I create won’t have all the Kickstarter perks (and later add-ons) of my main account (including my lifetime subscription) so what would be the point of getting more?
  • One. Cos it's a subscription based game. I wouldn't fund 2, because I can just do whatever I wanted to, on my initial account.
  • Fortune said:
    lol.. but it seems he had no friends? :)
    1 is enough.
    maybe imaginary ones hehe, who knows

im pretty sure ill just play on one
  • At least 2.  I really hate the one Freehold per account.
  • I plan on having only one account. As others have said though, that'll depend on how many character slots we get :) Hopefully I'll just need one account though XD
  • I work much more better on just 1. With all the money it cost to have multiple accounts, the gear, achievements, set up, and even more would make it more like a job then having fun. 

This account will have multiple toons but that is as far as I am willing to go.
  • One account and possibly only 1 or 2 characters. Depends on what the limitations for a particular character is. I may make crafting characters that specialize in certain crafting for my main. :D
  • Just the one account should be enough.
  • I'm hoping for one account to be enough, and even keeping my alt numbers down.  So far, I have failed at keeping alt numbers down.
  • Dedicated 2. Both will be leveled and one account will be my "main" account having one character with a gather refiner and my "alt" account will be set aside for crafting possibly with more than one character... Maybe a pvp bait character I dunno. 
  • One ring to rule them all! I just want to have fun with one. Explore and discover with one. Alts have their benefits but its sort of like cheating a game because you already know what to do. The purpose of the game is to enjoy playing. You don't have fun after you've finished playing. The journey is what matters!
  • I'll just be one account for my one character :)
  • Kratz said:
    I'll just be one account for my one character :)
    That only counts as half a character though.
  • Atama said:
    Kratz said:
    I'll just be one account for my one character :)
    That only counts as half a character though.
    Hey, I maybe short but I'm wide damn it!
  • Warkov said:
    At least 2.  I really hate the one Freehold per account.
    Beat me to it. The ability to have more than one freehold may be enough for me to get a second account. Too early to tell though.
  • I have no problem with Multiboxers doing PvE and such in MMOs.....but when you run into "1" in PvP.....it leaves a bitter taste...
  • They have said before that multi-boxing will be fine as long as each character action requires a corresponding key press. Those that automate so that a single press say fires an action on 5 toons will find themselves with escalating account actions from warnings up to bans. With the QTE most likely alive and kicking for gathering actions and other things like non-static resource spawns, those that try to automate and bot will find themselves facing a curve of difficulty that should weed out the most flagrant abusers.
  • I'll be using just one account with 2-4 characters on it. 
  • One for me, one for my wife.
  • One only account like always. The only game that ever made me make more was Archeage and it was so fking tedious.