Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Kick Starter and Summer Crowding

Apologies if this is a little bit of a silly question but is there any difference between Kickstarter backers and Summer Crowdfunding backers? :)

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Yes, the Kickstarter backers are better. ;)

In all seriousness, they were two separate crowdfunding attempts.  The Kickstarter was first, then some people complained because they only found out about AoC after the KS ended, or they didn’t have money to pay at the time but wanted to pay later, or their only payment options weren’t supported by KS.  So a new crowdfunding was offered, with very similar rewards (which at the time led to much grumbling about how “exclusive” the items were in KS which were called exclusive at the time) though generally you’d pay more than you would have during the KS.

You could pledge in both funding efforts and some people did, so in a few cases the backers for the two funding drives were the same people.

I hope that answers your question.
  • I was unable to pay in the kickstarter, due to being Australian, I didn't have an American Express card, nor do I own a Mastercard because I don't like the idea of credit cards.

I didn't say anything about it and just went oh well, and didn't worry about it.. Then they made the summer backing with PayPal, so I was able to participate and brought a pack.. Even if it was an extra $70 once currency conversion was done.
  • It helps that's for sure! Thank you for that :) I do have one question though, I am a Summer Crowdfunding backer.. Is there a way to see what items I am entilited too because of that? :)
    edited August 2018
    It helps that's for sure! Thank you for that :) I do have one question though, I am a Summer Crowdfunding backer.. Is there a way to see what items I am entilited too because of that? :)
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/store/ 

Just scroll down n check pack contents, the counter n stuff is all out of date due to it being finished, but pack contents remain the same.
  • Perfect thank you for that! :D
    and the Summer Crowdfunding backers do not get these as far as I understand it?  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

• Pretty sure they do, I think that "backer goals" included both the Kickstarter backers and the Summer backers, as they were both backing the game.. I could be wrong though..
  • Flameh0t said:
    Pretty sure they do, I think that "backer goals" included both the Kickstarter backers and the Summer backers, as they were both backing the game.. I could be wrong though..
    I do hope both backers get the items :D But if anyone could confirm this, it would be wonderful <3:)
  • Summer backers get all the KS stretch goals that any person gets. For example access to the Tulnar and water content. They do not get things like the spell FX and water mount skins that are marked backer only. KS backers get access to all the stretch goals that were achieved in Summer. The dance, the furniture set, and the Wand of Many Things. If it is confusing, think of always travelling forward in the timeline of KS>Summer>PAX>website. Those things that were achieved as stretch goals that anyone can obtain are granted to everyone. Those that are individual rewards are not. Throwing yet another level onto this is the PAX conversion. People that were PAX package owners had theirs converted to the relevant tier of website package. They keep their cosmetics, but are considered website packages now of the same pledge level.
  • Honestly It was only explicitly said that the Kickstarter backers would get the summer backer goal rewards, but I could not find a quote where anyone from Intrepid said that the Summer backers would get the backer goal rewards from the kickstarter.

• Thank you very much <3:)
  • Summer backers get all the KS stretch goals that any person gets. For example access to the Tulnar and water content. They do not get things like the spell FX and water mount skins that are marked backer only. KS backers get access to all the stretch goals that were achieved in Summer. The dance, the furniture set, and the Wand of Many Things. If it is confusing, think of always travelling forward in the timeline of KS>Summer>PAX>website. Those things that were achieved as stretch goals that anyone can obtain are granted to everyone. Those that are individual rewards are not. Throwing yet another level onto this is the PAX conversion. People that were PAX package owners had theirs converted to the relevant tier of website package. They keep their cosmetics, but are considered website packages now of the same pledge level.
    This ^

Also by any chance is there a link to show how many Summer backers participated and what stretch goals they achieved?
    edited August 2018
    Just under 1500 people were counted as new backers in the Summer. This led to Steven saying he would buy the missing slots to allow everyone the furniture set. The rewards from Summer ended up being the dance, furniture set, and the Wand of Many Things. The Wand was given to appease the KS masses pissed off by the whole "the item isn't exclusive, the price is" wordsmithing debacle related to cosmetics and lifetime sub exclusivity. https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/store/

edited August 2018
    Just under 1500 people were counted as new backers in the Summer. This led to Steven saying he would buy the missing slots to allow everyone the furniture set. The rewards from Summer ended up being the dance, furniture set, and the Wand of Many Things. The Wand was given to appease the KS masses pissed off by the whole "the item isn't exclusive, the price is" wordsmithing debacle related to cosmetics and lifetime sub exclusivity. https://www.ashesofcreation.com/projects/store/
    Thank you for the link.

Yea I wasnt concerned about the cosmetic stuff at all. After all the ingame stuff is far more important to me. And why I supported the game in the first place.

Truth be told, even if they decided to re-sell a reskined Angel/demon character skin like the one I got from KS leader backer. I wouldnt be upset, long as its priced 😜

More than anything I want this games vision to actually live, the concepts and design of AoC are near perfect. So I cant really complain about silly cosmetics that'll be updated and newer stuff added in later on in the games life anyway 😂

• I really am happy that I didn't miss the chance to get the racial skins from the ks backing :3
  • I really am happy that I didn't miss the chance to get the racial skins from the ks backing :3
    same here still wish that one was a lich skin 
    edited September 2018
    I wish I had known about this game before I really would have loved the dragon pet you get with one of the packs
  • Caritas said:
    I wish I had known about this game before I really would have loved the dragon pet you get with one of the packs
    There will be plenty of pets available in game. The dragon pet will just be a variation of a mob already available in the world, so you will be able to get one, just probably in a different, more common color.