Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Creation Release Dates

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2018 in Announcements & Headlines

Ashes of Creation Testing and Release Phases

Alpha 0: Pre-Alpha, Friends and Family testing, NDA Alpha

Alpha 1: Earliest Access to Ashes of Creation

• September 2018 commences

• Access Points: Kickstarter Backers at Braver of Worlds and Above , Summer Sale Backers at Braver of Worlds and Above , Intrepid Pack Holders ($500 package), Official Content Creators

• The last day for Alpha One package purchases (Intrepid Pack) ended on Wednesday, August 15th 2018. Kickstarter and Summer Sale upgrades to packages including Alpha 1 remain available until a date that will be announced in the future.

• Phase 1 of Alpha 1: Accessible beginning in September 2018, will be focusing on the action side of combat, and will include mode of; Open World Battlegrounds, Castle Sieges and City Defense “Horde Mode”. This phase is designed to test the mechanics of our action side of combat, as well as, our castle siege systems, and adaptive AI mechanics in the Horde mode. We will be detailing this phase further on our next stream and at our Panel.

• Starting on September 7th, 2018 at 6 PM PDT we will be starting a series of stress tests to prepare our servers for your arrival to Alpha 1 Phase 1. Admission to this stress test will be incremental and based on package tier. We cannot even begin to express how grateful and excited we are to include you all in this amazing journey!
  • Phase 2 of Alpha 1: will be accessible near the beginning of 2nd Quarter 2019, will feature our Hybrid Combat testing of Action/Tab skills that players will be able to customize through their class skill tree. In addition, this phase will include;

• Progression to Level 20

• 4 Playable races

• Character Customization Suite

• 8 base archetypes

• Portions of our housing systems

• Portions of our crafting/Artisan systems

• Node Progression to Stage 4

• 120 sqkm of world map

• Questing and Society/Guild Systems

• Phase 2 of Alpha 1 is the more traditional Alpha Testing for an MMORPG, and will have 2 World Servers available. Name Reservations for Alpha 1 participants will begin during Phase Two. Announcements of the Server Names will be made at PAX Prime, during our panel.

Alpha 2: Persistent Alpha

Beta 1:

Beta 2:

Production Launch:

• Date for release TBD, estimates before 2020

• Access Points: General Release to Public, no box cost. Monthly subscription fee will apply

*** Please note that all dates conveyed in this post are subject to change

The above information is based on information provided by Intrepid Studios. It is subject to change as new information is provided

Comments

• ALPHA HYPE!
  • woohoooo!
  • Thanks for the update. 
  • Can’t wait!
  • Hold up start of September...when!?
  • counting down the days ^^
  • Need. September. Dates. Badly
  • And so it begins....
  • Let battle be joined!

• Its time to du-du-du-du-duel!
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    reaccon said:
    Its time to du-du-du-du-duel!
    I draw first, place 2 face down cards, activate polymerisation and i fuse together all 3 of me Blue Eyes white Dragon to special summon Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. 

Because i am first i can`t attack now so i end me turn.

You're turn.

• So when does Alpha 1 start? Is it not September?
  • Azrael007 said:
    So when does Alpha 1 start? Is it not September?

Alpha 1: Earliest Access to Ashes of Creation

• September 2018 commences

It does start this month 
  • 3rd week of September
  • From the PaxWest panal, invited Alpha 1 testers will start next week.  Stress Test; which may involve a windmill monster.  hahahhaha
  • Has information gone out to any Braver of Worlds backers personally yet?
  • I haven't received any info and it would be very helpful to know what to watch for (email?  Account page notification?)

It would also be helpful if people would stop posting wild guesses as if they have some kind of special knowledge.... which obviously they don't when two subsequent posts make clearly different statements.
  • HYPE!!! cant wait to play alpha 1 since i never got into the aplha 0 #FeelsBadMan
  • I am also very excited about this.  So far this game seems to be what my Clannies and I have been waiting years for.  The panel at PAX west was great!
  • Byaku220 said:
    Has information gone out to any Braver of Worlds backers personally yet?
    Not to myself or any of the kickstarter backers I know of yet. Would be nice to know how we will be contacted - most game companies reach out to testers via email but who knows how AOC will handle it. Could be a postcard in the mail sent COD for all the current clarity.

• Knowledge is power and they for some reason what to still hold onto that power.  I get it, it gets people to come back to the forums and searching online time after time hoping to see some type of update.  It builds hype and increases hits on webpages.  It also starts to grate on people.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Lex1961 said:
    Knowledge is power and they for some reason what to still hold onto that power.  I get it, it gets people to come back to the forums and searching online time after time hoping to see some type of update.  It builds hype and increases hits on webpages.  It also starts to grate on people.
    Its so weird though - they engage with audiences at PAX face to face and share a video stream here and there but don't touch their twitter more than once every few weeks  - The pinned post is from months ago. They are forgetting thousands upon thousands of us exist.

Their social game is so exclusive that they are missing out on so many methods of driving forum and site engagement and they just don't "bother" to let anyone know we should care. All I ever hear is a wet fart unless I go digging for info.

I'm not even sure that there ARE female playable characters in game, that's how vague this forum is.

Hopeful my "Alpha 1, earliest alpha access" will finally come into play and I get to break down that wall of exclusivity and discover how inclusive it really is.

• Just came back to see all this :3 nice
  • Same. Braver of Worlds here and have contacted support because I was paranoid I was missing something. Will update here if I hear back from them.
  • Byaku220 said:
    Same. Braver of Worlds here and have contacted support because I was paranoid I was missing something. Will update here if I hear back from them.
    Also BoW and i haven't seen anything yet.
  • Going to say that Intrepid Studios has a lot of work to do if they want to release the full game before 2020 (or beginning 2020). Can't wait to see the game after waiting so long for it!
  • Giftedfox said:
    Going to say that Intrepid Studios has a lot of work to do if they want to release the full game before 2020 (or beginning 2020). Can't wait to see the game after waiting so long for it!
    Agreed but it's nice to part of the development
  • Are you ready for some Alpha 1?!
  • MANS EXCITED!!
  • I like the bit... where they say 2018 September Alpha 1 begins - with no further info a week into September xD RIP