Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will players become part of lore in future updates?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2018 in Ashes of Creation Lore
This is something I've always wanted to see in other MMOs but never happens on a significant scale. Basically, players accomplish epic feats during their careers; wouldn't it be nice to have a building, spell, event in history, magic item/weapon etc named after them and manifested as actual content/items/structures in the game at a later time? So by expansion X everyone can not only see the impact of players on the world but hold or reference a remenent of it.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Who wouldn't love to wield the Staff of Iateallthecookies or live in Newbslayer69 Road? :D
    Nevertheless there will be a trophy park which is kind of what you asked for: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Nodes#Trophy_park

edited September 2018
    Someone really wants to get that Longbow of Xx_Shadow_X_Wolf_xX, huh?
  • I think they said yes on this if the player does something epic.
  • Amazing idea only as others have mentioned, the names are a bit of an issue. 
    edited September 2018
    Zegopharo said:
    Someone really wants to get that Longbow of Xx_Shadow_X_Wolf_xX, huh?
    I worked in a children's doctors office for a while and i had access to info on over 6000 kids. I kid you not i saw a kid named Shadow Hunter Knight. Like what kind of messed up parent names their kid that? 
    Or maybe it was Hunter Shadow Knight. Can't quite remember
  • Mother worked in the juvenile court system in the 80s. Had a kid come through the system, Last name: Slaughter First and Middle: Tomato Slick. This was not a gang name or an aka. Real name Tomato Slick Slaughter.
  • This system was put in place so that legends like myself can be contained by the game ;)
    edited September 2018
    The name problem can be avoided by not using names but titles like TES does with its heroes in the lore. Basically just dont say the players name outright in lore but hint towards it and player themselves will know who did what.

For example lets say player named xXx_Shadowwolfxz69_xXx did something epic in great battle  you could refer to him simply as Wolf or think of some title/nickname/whatever the correct word is. 
    (Was going to write example but I cringed half to death writing it.)
  • Leeroy Jenkins is a great example of players becoming in-game lore
    edited September 2018
    I met a girl named Allanfa Dân once, which in my native language means fire exit. Great suggestion though @Ravudha.
  • Kratz said:
    I met a girl named Allanfa Dân once, which in my native language means fire exit. Great suggestion though @Ravudha.
    she must have been hot ^^
  • nagash said:
    Kratz said:
    she must have been hot ^^
    So hot you had to leg it
    Image result for anime meme girl too bright
  • An example I thought of would be like Sword Art Online 2: the first group/guild to clear that floor has their names etched at the exit.

Then I imagine a hardcore guild boasting about being the first ones to kill a boss only to see the names of some unknown guild got there first.  :smirk:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since the game is truely player driven, we get to determine who is worth remembering.

I can't wait to see guilds rise and fall.

• I really like this idea, even if it's on a small scale i.e. a monument or statue for guilds or players who impacted the world during some point in the game. I think Blizzard does this a lot with World of Warcraft with specific NPC's, statues, secret areas being created in remembrance of players. And it makes the world feel more alive. It doesn't affect gameplay, and it's definitely something that would make a ton of sense since they are designing the game to be social and driven by the community. 
    edited December 2018
    Since moving to wales I've been feeling under pressure to call someone "Bin Halen"... ("salt bin"s are everywhere around here)
  • Megs said:
    Since moving to wales I've been feeling under pressure to call someone "Bin Halen"... ("salt bin"s are everywhere around here)
    hahaha 
  • Ravudha said:
    This is something I've always wanted to see in other MMOs but never happens on a significant scale. Basically, players accomplish epic feats during their careers; wouldn't it be nice to have a building, spell, event in history, magic item/weapon etc named after them and manifested as actual content/items/structures in the game at a later time? So by expansion X everyone can not only see the impact of players on the world but hold or reference a remenent of it.
    I'm not sure how they would implement it in, it would be interesting, but we already know that they are interested in items customized towards specific players. Such as the Royalty Kickstarter pack "Have your Character Immortalized within Ashes of Creation - (Personal statue in the game world.). Whether it's going in a town, a house decoration,  or found as a ruin on the land. You could still claim it to players being written into lore.

I couldn't tell you how cool it would be to play in the BR during the fall of Vera, and when the game gets released you find a ruin of your character there, *mind blown*. A lot is still up in the air about how things work for us, and the developers. Only time will tell, and I personally have faith in Intrepid. :3