Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will your username be shown to other players?

This is a pretty stupid question, but will your username be shown somewhere in-game to players or will they only be able to see the name of your character? As in, will friend lists and such be unique among each character or will it be linked to your account?

For example, I wouldn't want to use an account called "HappyRainbowBunny" with the character "EvilDarknessMonster". Anyone know about this?

Comments

• We can have aliases, so there must be a way to hide username from other players.
  • Since corruption and other things are account shared rather than based on characters I'd say the username will be shown in things like the friends list at the very least but you never know :3
  • Where is the quote that says Corruption is shared by account?
  • Dygz said:
    Where is the quote that says Corruption is shared by account?
    Account shared corruption could prove...….problematic, lol
  • Fake news!
  • Call me old fashioned but I like this format

~Title~            (if you are in a guild)
    ■Character Name        ■= guild emblem

No @accountnames
    No guild names(only emblem)
    No familynames (same as account name)

No @accountnames

Agreed, although I would personally like if there's an option to choose between title and guild name or maybe decide if you want both. Sometimes it's nice to show some info on the guild other than emblem.

• I usually use my account name as character name so it will be shown, but only in case of my main.
  • Ghoosty said:
    I usually use my account name as character name so it will be shown, but only in case of my main.

Good to know... And which would you say is your mother's maiden name and your first pet?  :*
  • Dygz said:
    It's not ? damn was pretty sure it was said it will be account wide rather than character restricted xD must've gotten hit on the head or something :> 

No @accountnames
    It's nice and clean, although I prefer to have guild name above the title or above the name and then the title on top.

Guild emblems can change, which makes it hard to track which guild is which. Then you have troll guilds that will use the same emblems as other guilds, or alliances that use the same emblem.
  • Dygz said:
    It's not ? damn was pretty sure it was said it will be account wide rather than character restricted xD must've gotten hit on the head or something :> 

No it is not account bound, its character bound.

Alts are permitted, so is spying, infiltrating, espionage, etc.    
  • I hope that you can hide it imagine a pk going wrong would be embarassing... not that that ever happend to me....   :)
  • Arkanth said:
    Ghoosty said:
    I usually use my account name as character name so it will be shown, but only in case of my main.

Good to know... And which would you say is your mother's maiden name and your first pet?  :*
    :smiley: I understand your point, but from the minute I write a comment here, you can see my account name as I see yours. I do not think it gives extra vulnerabilty. (When I say account name, I meant nickname in the forums.) So if you see a Ghoosty in the game, it probably will be me.
  • Jahlon said:
    Dygz said:

No it is not account bound, its character bound.

Alts are permitted, so is spying, infiltrating, espionage, etc.    
    Hehehe my day just got better :>