Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Respect of RL Fraternities within VR Gaming

We respectfully request others do not talk about Freemasons and ritual (as example). Hence, using shiners symbols, square & compass, knights templar (arabic cross) makes one (sophomorically) knowledgeable and inquisitive?  Please avoid mixing occult outsider information with those of us that don’t watch ‘National Treasure.’   It seems like we as humanity are bereft to invent a better theme or plot ….  Have mercy and respect my friends.  Thank you.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018

edited September 2018

Let no one ignorant of geometry enter

mèdeis ageômetrètos eisitô mou tèn stegèn

:)

• I'm sorry, I must have missed the OP's point.
    You don't want me to name my guild the Cheap Masons and then make a cool graph with a Protractor and a Slide scale?

It kind of seems like I have to do that now.
    edited September 2018
    YES @azathoth you missed it all my dense friend. You cant help stupid.
  • Alright, guild name reservation here I come... soon (TM). :lol:
    edited September 2018
    YEAH .... here comes AZATHOTH.  Big and bold. Jerk (can I say that or be banned for infringing on safe space). AZATHOTH big dick on campus!
  • Still trying to decipher your posts to this day... Aj inglisz noł gud
    edited September 2018
    I think what the OP is trying to say is that he or she is concerned about symbols used in real life organizations being used out of context or mixed with other organizations' symbols within the game; Kind of similar to how people sometimes complain when "Asian" themed games get Chinese and Japanese culture all mixed up. However, the poor wording combined with the choice to insult people who don't understand it does nothing good for the cause.

More on topic, given that the game is high fantasy and not representative of Earth, I think the use of the symbolism is fine, as long as they don't try to introduce those particular organizations as being part of the lore of the world (which I can't really see happening). It's not as if the same symbol can't have different meanings in different groups/context already anyway. I can think of a few that mean vastly different things depending on who you ask.
  • I think what the OP is trying to say is that he or she is concerned about symbols used in real life organizations being used out of context or mixed with other organizations' symbols within the game; Kind of similar to how people sometimes complain when "Asian" themed games get Chinese and Japanese culture all mixed up. However, the poor wording combined with the choice to insult people who don't understand it does nothing good for the cause.

More on topic, given that the game is high fantasy and not representative of Earth, I think the use of the symbolism is fine, as long as they don't try to introduce those particular organizations as being part of the lore of the world (which I can't really see happening). It's not as if the same symbol can't have different meanings in different groups/context already anyway. I can think of a few that mean vastly different things depending on who you ask.
    Do you work at the U.N. as a translator?
  • nagash said:
    I think what the OP is trying to say is that he or she is concerned about symbols used in real life organizations being used out of context or mixed with other organizations' symbols within the game; Kind of similar to how people sometimes complain when "Asian" themed games get Chinese and Japanese culture all mixed up. However, the poor wording combined with the choice to insult people who don't understand it does nothing good for the cause.

Do you work at the U.N. as a translator?
    Nope, I just have a knack for languages and read a lot of poorly written fanfiction. :P
  • nagash said:

Even he has no clue.
  • Join the O.G. the ganstas of the pyramid. Through our guild you will become a master currency converter, but remember, no sacrifices during Tuesday downtime! Want to know more? Contact us with the secret tablet provided.
    Image result for shriners symbol perverted
  • Unless the OP is trolling, his/her post is going to have the exact opposite effect of the request made.
  • Join the O.G. the ganstas of the pyramid. Through our guild you will become a master currency converter, but remember, no sacrifices during Tuesday downtime! Want to know more? Contact us with the secret tablet provided.
    Image result for shriners symbol perverted
    Hilarious, need one with some Greek letters fashioned after a college fraternity / sorority.

No swastikas but might be able to work an iron cross into something......
  • And this is a surefire way to guarantee, that use of these symbols and names will appear in guilds and player names across AoC.
  • Haven't we already seen crosses in the graveyard?
  • Even @Pooka is confused by this, and @Pooka doesn't get @Pooka confused that often.
  • Pooka said:
    Even @Pooka is confused by this, and @Pooka doesn't get @Pooka confused that often.
    For once I agree with Pooka
  • National treasure is my fave Nick Cage film. Just saying. 
  • National treasure is my fave Nick Cage film. Just saying. 
    Con air is mine ^^
  • Skatagories is a staple of the troll community on these forums. His posts never fail to amuse me greatly.

There's literally no deeper meaning here than the ravings of someone looking for attention.
  • Karthos said:
    Skatagories is a staple of the troll community on these forums. His posts never fail to amuse me greatly.

There's literally no deeper meaning here than the ravings of someone looking for attention.
    Its a nice change of pace from what we normally read
  • nagash said:
    Karthos said:
    Skatagories is a staple of the troll community on these forums. His posts never fail to amuse me greatly.

Yes, I do enjoy this more than the erotic fan fiction staring @lexmax and myself.
  • Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:

Yes, I do enjoy this more than the erotic fan fiction staring @lexmax and myself.
    .........what
  • Dammit @Karthos you said i was the only one!!!!!
  • Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:

Really need to know that....absolutely vital information.....
  • Karthos said:
    nagash said:
    Karthos said:

Really need to know that....absolutely vital information.....
    Someone's jealous
  • nagash said:
    National treasure is my fave Nick Cage film. Just saying. 
    Con air is mine ^^
    :open_mouth: ..not....Ghost Rider ?