Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Alpha Testing, Forum ID, Login Stuff

Heya, checking in on a couple things:

I received the invite for the Alpha Phase 1 (as per my backing status, I am a Braver of Worlds backer) - the l/p worked, but now it is saying I don't have permission to access this service (about an hour previous to now)? Did the servers get taken offline? I can't seem to find official notification of what's happening on the server side (times, status etc).

Is there an Alpha Test forum section? If so, could we who have the access be given the access to the forum section? If there isn't one - perhaps that'd be useful to have, in the interests of the NDA?

Also, I have noticed some people have "Alpha 1 Stress Test alpha-stress-tester" added to their names, but some of us who are formally part of it (like myself), do not - we're only listed as "Member". Is this something we can add ourselves? If so, how/where? (I must be blind and/or inept, as I simply cannot find the toggle).

Any heads up, or redirects would be muchly appreciated!

Comments

• Hiya !!  I sent in a ticket and received this message from the support team :) hope this helps.  

Sam Page (Ashes of Creation)

Sep 23, 8:39 PM PDT

Hello Friend,

Thanks for participating in our Alpha Stress Test! You are receiving this error because our server has now gone offline. To keep yourself in the loop on server status and known issues it is pretty much required to participate in our Official Ashes of Creation Discord:

https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation

Developer updates and tech support for now is being provided in the #News and #Ashes_Discussion channels.

Thanks!
    Sam
  • Tankenka said:
    Heya, checking in on a couple things:

I received the invite for the Alpha Phase 1 (as per my backing status, I am a Braver of Worlds backer) - the l/p worked, but now it is saying I don't have permission to access this service (about an hour previous to now)? Did the servers get taken offline? I can't seem to find official notification of what's happening on the server side (times, status etc).

Is there an Alpha Test forum section? If so, could we who have the access be given the access to the forum section? If there isn't one - perhaps that'd be useful to have, in the interests of the NDA?

Also, I have noticed some people have "Alpha 1 Stress Test alpha-stress-tester" added to their names, but some of us who are formally part of it (like myself), do not - we're only listed as "Member". Is this something we can add ourselves? If so, how/where? (I must be blind and/or inept, as I simply cannot find the toggle).

Any heads up, or redirects would be muchly appreciated!
    Permissions for the Stress Test Channels will be sorted out on monday :)
  • Thank you both, I thought I'd somehow screwed the pooch! *sweats*!
  • Just be aware that I actually left the Discord server a little while back because the chat in the General channel was pretty toxic.  Maybe it's gotten better now and that was an isolated incident.  Guess I'll join it again since I want to help stress the heck out of this bad boy.
  • Crifmer said:
    Just be aware that I actually left the Discord server a little while back because the chat in the General channel was pretty toxic.  Maybe it's gotten better now and that was an isolated incident.  Guess I'll join it again since I want to help stress the heck out of this bad boy.
    Not just you. I hope its not a sign of things to come regarding the community.
  • Perms for discord and the forums will begin being provisioned this week. Steve has been updating the community in discord via #News as a work around in the meantime =)

This discussion has been closed.