Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I finally tried AoC after one year!

Hi guys,
remember we are down NDA and stress testers can't place any kind of Images nor videos but I will talk a bit about how I felt when trying AoC.
First of all, specially talking to alpha testers, remember this is an early alpha, not an ended game. You will experience fails, errors, and will come across with bugs of all kind and colors. But, and after almost getting killed by the hype train, I finally could try this fantastic game and well, if I were not an stress alpha I would like to have as much info from players as I could, so here I go.
I think one of the most notorious thing on Ashes is the music. It is so freaking amazing (it is similar to the music played on AoC videos) that I could hear just that kind of music forever. The graphics are stunning and I am quite surprised of how the world looks. I think the world looks better than the characters from now, but I know they are still doing a lot of work with characters so it is normal to me. I loved to see different kind of structures on the map from different races. Also, the real action combat feels quite nice (ofc it needs interactions, particles, etc but it feels ok.
So, in a few words, I was not disappointed at all with the game. I think more than never that this game will be a real revolution on MMORPGs and I could even say that could face the actual forever-king of MMOs (cof,cof...WoW,cof,cof...).  Community is also a good point, friendly and helpful. 
I am looking forward seeing how alpha 1 takes place. It is my first experience as an "early-
development game tester" and it feels so well seeing how things are done from the very first line...
If you are curious feel free to ask me as many questions as you want, but remember the NDA, please. NDA RULES THE WORLD!

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    I will post here my PC specs so you could compare with mine:

CPU: Intel Core  i74770k 3.50GHz -> I checked when the game was opened and I had the CPU at 40-50% of use

RAM: 16GB DDR3 

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Any indication from the devs that there will be movement lock while casting certain abilities?

Those lower bodies move too much 
  • Options
    As fas as I know nothing was said, but I will focus on that on the next stress test to give them feedback about it. :)
  • Options
    i prefer 100% tab targeting myself but we will see how it goes.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Its OK. As Steven said we dont actually have to choose between tab or real action, since each particular ability is or tab or real combat, so you can have 100% tab abilities or 100% real action ones, but the most frequent should be a mix of both I think ^^. If you have played to Kingdom Come Deliverance, the sword moves feel similar but without having to choose from where you are going to attack (right, left, top, button...) I dont know if you got me.

have you played pubg and hit an enemy with a pan? hahaha
  • Options
    Will I be able to put my heel on my enemies throat as I look down at them, sassing them after beating them?

How amazing are elf ears? Are they super expressive with emotes (this is like super important)?

Can I change cosmetics w/e I want with a wardrobe system and will freeholds have space for all of the outfits?

=p
  • Options
    Will I be able to put my heel on my enemies throat as I look down at them, sassing them after beating them?

How amazing are elf ears? Are they super expressive with emotes (this is like super important)?

Can I change cosmetics w/e I want with a wardrobe system and will freeholds have space for all of the outfits?

=p
    Nina Williams flashback
  • Options
    the stress test was made only with human males so I cant really answer your question about elves ^^"
  • Options

=p
    All of the buildings are very spacious from what I've seen, so there should be no problem holding your entire wardrobe!    Then again, buildings are destructible so beware of big bad wolves!
  • Options
    olwys said:
    the stress test was made only with human males so I cant really answer your question about elves ^^"
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Thanks anyways!! ♥