Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Exalted (Legionnaires and Royal Guardsmen Guild) (NA) (RP/PVE/Semi---PVP)

// Disclaimer: THIS GUILD WILL HAVE A CODE OF CONDUCT THOSE WHO ARE NOT WILLING TO FOLLOW OUR CODE OF CONDUCT WILL BE DISCHARGED AND OR DISCIPLINED. BREAKING THE CODE THROUGH WAY OF ROLE PLAY OR GAME-PLAY IS ACCEPTABLE ALTHOUGH WILL STILL BE IN VIOLATION IF CAUGHT THROUGH WAY OF GAME-PLAY OR ROLE-PLAY.

With sword in hand and heart and mind cleared of mind fog the minds eye opens and alas a revelation is seen through the eyes of the beholder. . . With a new revelation comes a new land. . . And with a new land comes its protectors. . . Men, women and children who are ready to raise their arms and pledge service to the lands they choose to call home. . .
Royal Guards are the elite private guardsmen of the wealthy and significant. They will band together to defend their masters at the cost of their own lives without a second thought.
We protect ourselves, our friends and family, our lands, our people and our kings and queens. . . And our pledge is to up-hold the task. . .
So we now hold the Golden Hand of Pledge to you traveler. . .
For the Legion. . . For the Royal Guard. . . For Exalted!

If your looking for a great RP experience but are also trying to be a semi-competitive aspect in the gaming world of Ashes of Creation be it Crafting, PVE , or PVP well look no further.

So what exact-ally is a legionnaire / royal guardsmen / guards-women?

Royal Guards are the elite private guardsmen of the wealthy and significant. They will band together to defend their king, queen and their lands at the cost of their own lives without a second thought.

Royal Members: The royal guards usually consist of members of noble families almost exclusively, and though a common man can be a member of them. They are usually looked upon with weary eyes at best.

Nameless Lords: When a royal guard enlists to guard a royalty, they are forced to discard their old names and replaced by the title of a lord if they had none. This causes the royal guard to be simply called lord or highness since they possess no name unless given by their lord.

Incorruptible: One can never bribe or convinces a royal guard to turn against his lord with the promise of anything, unless the lord truly deserve what to is coming to him or because the lord treated the guard badly.

Few In Numbers: In some cases, the ruler choose to have a single royal guard instead of having multiple of them. This is based on the royal guard being also a secret keeper for his or her lord; thus, the lord doesn’t want more then one person to know such secrets.

Masters And Apprentices: It is required of a royal guard to train an apprentice to take over his or her place in case of any accidents, yet they usually have to consider those who have great and unique heritage and ability.

What is Role-Playing?

Quite simply, if you are an actor in a movie, your character is the fictional persona you take on to portray a role. Much in the same way, a role playing character is the “life” you take on. Your character will interact with other characters in story-lines or plots to form a game. Your character should have a personality and goals, much like any normal human being. Though your goal may be to surpass the common garden slug in doing nothing but eating and sleeping, it is still a goal.

Quick Declaimer: Exalted will indeed be a RP centered guild but this does not mean we will not try our hands in competitive play of Ashes of Creation such as Sieges, Node Wars, Wars in General, Player or Server Wide Events, and any fun activities the game as to offer.

I will however state that this will be an RP guild so making sure you know the basics of when to address you are out of and in character is what the basics of RP are is very primitive to the overall setting of the guild (This does not mean you will need to RP 24/7 there will be certain channels made for “In character and Out of Character use.”

Code of Conduct:

-I am to obey the orders if given to be me by my leaders and my kings or queens.

-I am an Royal Guardsmen, fighting in the forces which guard my lands and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

-I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

-If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy

-If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

-When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give my name and rank if asked. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my lands and its allies or harmful to their cause.

-I will never forget that I am an Royal Guardsmen, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles and pledge of my rank and regiment. I will trust in my Gods, my leaders and my kings and queens.

Our Pledge:

-To Protect our Lords and our Lands without hesitation.

-To uphold the pledge of honor and chivalry

-To exile corruption and destruction from our lands we protect

-To take back the lands that are rightfully ours by way of siege if it is needed.

-To up-hold the law and the rules set among the Royal Districts

Comments

• *Bump
  • This sounds very interesting. I am not new to the mmorpg guild space but I have never fully integrated myself into an RP guild. You seem to have a good idea of what you'd like to see in the guild which is in and of itself impressive. Most people don't think to heavily about how they want a guild to run before they make it. I just recently backed this game project and it looks promising. I would like to learn more about what you have planned and perhaps see if I can't help.

I have this topic subscribed, thank you for taking the time to post, and I hope to talk to you soon.

- Tristrem
  • What i have planned for my guild is not only creating a great game-play environment, but to also create a great story as well.

My main philosophy when i make my guilds for MMORPG's is to allow people not only to play the game at their own pace (With of course minor guild lines such as respectfulness and RP elemental functionalities), But to allow all my members to have a voice within the guild through round table decision, tell and make their own unique background and tales, and especially have fun doing it.

By playing the game not only as a game but a story with overarching chapters of lore and wordplay it adds much more incentive and backbone to the community and to the game as a whole in my opinion. While yes. . . You could say that simply playing the game as a character is already a sort of "RolePlaying Scenario" once you actually get into a true community that allows you to not only get absorbed into the game but your character as well. . . Then a whole new look to game-play is opened to the eyes and people tend to not look at the game through the television but through the eyes of that character that is essentially "You".

I very much look forward to seeing more lore about the game and of course adding more members to my guild and the RP community of Ashes of Creation as well.

In terms of what i have for the future in terms of a game-playing idea. . . Well. . . I don't think any of us have a clear indication of that yet so. . . That is just one chapter to the tale that is hidden between the book cover sir or madam.

But in terms of a guild ground. My guild will definitely be a majority RP guild with room for players to move out of the RP and of course "Get their grind on" when they need it. As a royal guardsmen guild we will be following standard military guild-lines and codes of conduct that you would usually seen in organized armies of the old age. Shield-walls, Marching Lines, Rallying, Flanking and much more. There of course will be guilds that will be bigger then us zerg guilds and PvX-PVP guilds. But i believe that quality, strategy and teamwork is a far better asset then quantity, zerging, and buoyancy.
  • That sound's great! I am a sir just fyi. I appreciate you taking your time to give me more information into what you have planned and your philosophy which will be carried into the guild as a whole. I also find it very interesting that you are going to add in a more realistic side to the guild philosophy and conduct using real world military ideals and incorporate them into the guild I find that very interesting. I use to play in "realism" in some first person shooter games. The concept is to use military strategies, conduct, ranking, ...etc. and incorporate them into a clan setting called a unit. I have been doing this type of "role-playing" for 13 years. I would like to hold more conversations about what you plan to do as I am quite intrigued by what you are trying to propose.

Thanks again,

- Tristrem
  • If you haven't done so already, feel free to join our guild discord posted above. I would find that best in terms of having a full conversation about planning, role-play and concepts in general. Aside from that you are always free to speak your mind here on this page or on our discord and join in the round table for future ideas and plots.
  • Alright I definitely will, when is the best time usually when you will be available on discord?
  • I'm available most of the day. My current timezone is EST so anytime during the late morning to late evening is usually when you can find and message me further about any questions you have.

I look forwards to speaking to your further.

- Emperor Foundation
  • *Punt
  • Cool thing. I'll be in touch.
  • Glad to hear it. Please if you have any questions feel free to ask them within our discord or here on our fourm page. Which ever is more convenient.
  • *Bumpz
  • *bumpzz
  • *bumpzzzz
  • *bump