Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Compatibility and requirements

First off, congrats to the devs. The game already looks incredible and it's still in<em>alpha</em>.

I read the game would have lower processor requirements than the usual, are there any specifics?

And also, (my apologies to die hard pc fans. I understand your plight, and agree that it is superior for gaming) will there be compatibility with mac and/or linux running systems?

Comments

• So far is PC master superior race is confirmed as far as I know. You might want to ask your questions for the studio's official discord: http://discord.gg/ashesofcreation

They answer the questions pretty fast there.
  • [quote quote=6307]First off, congrats to the devs. The game already looks incredible and it’s still in<em>alpha</em>.

I read the game would have lower processor requirements than the usual, are there any specifics?

And also, (my apologies to die hard pc fans. I understand your plight, and agree that it is superior for gaming) will there be compatibility with mac and/or linux running systems?

[/quote]

specific requirements having been released yet, might have to wait till alpha gets a bit closer :)

this is what they have said about pretty much the same question in the past :)

"Making an MMO for a console is a difficult undertaking. I am open to the idea for future development, but at the moment, the team is focused on targeting Windows in particular. That said, we are specifically writing code to be cross-platform-capable, with Windows-specific functionality being modularly loaded at compile time, that way if we do decide to build for XBOne, PS4, or any of the other platforms that UE4 supports, we will have significantly less code that needs to be refactored to support building for the new target platform."
  • I would love to see a linux distro, with a brand new AMD ryzen build that I just finished, I was not very happy about being forced to windows 10, as such I am now a linux gamer full time, with a good amount of money to pump into a good MMO like ashes for linux, I am excited about this game and the fact that UE4 will enable you all to port very easily to Linux
  • I love to see crossplay. Xbox Anywhere with Microsoft and XBone is EXTREMELY promising. I keep hoping that with Project Scorpio and it's capabilities it draws companies to want to blur the line more so we can get rid of this division in gaming communities. I for one would love to see more MMO's come to consoles but still share server and community with PC players.
  • Crossplay looks a lot more likely today!