Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What is the most attractive aspect of Ashes of Creation for you?

I'm curious about the things people are looking forward to the most. I myself am looking forward to how large the world is, the idea of getting lost in this massive high fantasy world is very alluring to me.

Oh, and badass dwarves.

Comments

• How the landscape has the potential to change often due to player interaction.
  • @Azathoth
    That is awesome. I also think that having seasonal change is going to be something that will engross people in the world far more than any other MMORPG has done before. It will effect crafting, travel, questing and all. 
  • Exploring a new world, discovering awesome things, and going on adventures with my friends.
  • I want to say nodes. I like how open the system is how it seems to be designed to get a large portion of the population involved with player politics which is usually something you only experience in competitive guilds. On top of the pvp aspects, there is also the almost dynamic pve elements of nodes which will hopefully help to keep play varied and exciting.
  • Exploration to the max! In all of my past mmos, world exploration has always been my thing. Like you, I love getting lost in the depths of a new world - especially one that's in HD  :* mmm

I also concur that dwarves are BA. 
  • Open world PvP
    Limited instanced content.
    Ill play this game no matter what just because of these 2 main features.
  • Being able to decide the outcome of the path the would will move in.
  • Bisho said:
    Exploration to the max! In all of my past mmos, world exploration has always been my thing. Like you, I love getting lost in the depths of a new world - especially one that's in HD  :* mmm

I also concur that dwarves are BA. 
    Haha we are kindred
  • Really looking forward to the node system, and how politics and economics will work between nodes :)
  • The Node system creating a dynamic world and putting an end to endgame.
    And I'm interested to see if the Node system makes direct PvP feel more palatable due to the consequences of engaging in PvP combat (or not) having meaningful impact on the dynamics of the world - rather than just on individual characters.
  • The community :)
  • I've yet to play it, is its biggest appeal.
    I just hope they don't make an ESO mistakes.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    New open world to explore/Nodes. The character customization also has me excited a great deal.
  • @Azathoth
    That is awesome. I also think that having seasonal change is going to be something that will engross people in the world far more than any other MMORPG has done before. It will effect crafting, travel, questing and all. 

This is really cool - Ryzom had seasonal changes that not only effected material availability and quality, but also caused animals to migrate.... It was pretty cool watching herds of animals migrate from one end of the map to another..
  • The first thing is how the node system will make the world more alive.
    The second is how will work this combat system in practice, because in the videos it looks awesome, but I have some fears.
  • There is a ton of things I find attractive, but since I have to pick the Most attractive I think it's the ability to take down cities.
  • The player run economy! Player run shops, no Auction house and no fast travel. It's going to create a more personal experience when you know who made your armor or you have to pay someone to give you a ride in their ship to get somewhere!
  • Bink said:
    The player run economy! Player run shops, no Auction house and no fast travel. It's going to create a more personal experience when you know who made your armor or you have to pay someone to give you a ride in their ship to get somewhere!
    There are still local Auction Houses. 
  • Only in an economic metropolis I think? Otherwise I think you have to shop my friend!
  • Bink said:
    Only in an economic metropolis I think? Otherwise I think you have to shop my friend!
    I guess you are technically right. There will be a board that shows all the things for sale in the node (I was kind of picturing this as a local AH) but then you will have to go and physically buy it from the individual shop. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    It's hard to say. There is no real one reason since the systems alone don't paint the whole picture. Like saying I like Mozart because of a specific key at a specific point. Without the whole score. 

I am however a massive PvP player and without it I would not have given Ashes even a look. So it is probably the PvP elements and potential unique PvP scenarios it will allow.  Assaulting Caravans, Sieges, Guild vs Guild, Node Wars etc. Really appeals to me.

But again. The full feature list is what really paints a complete picture. Ashes is in my mind the first complete MMORPG in probably 15 years. 
  • This dude knows what's up ^^
  • I love beautiful worlds, bright ocean blues, the sun reflecting off the beach and wonderful lush jungles and such~

Fantasy letsya take this a step further with different colors plants and people, and you can play as those people! I can't wait till we get a full immersion VR MMO but until then Ashes should have us covered! ^^

Also playing dress-up and making pretty houses =D
  • Exploration, nodes, dynamic events and seaons. Also class balance and combat. And crafting, how it will work, and also economy. Damn there is lot of things I am looking forward :D
  • defending caravans