Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What would be your choice regarding a Mage.

Comments

• Vunak said:
    Lythawan said:
    If the old games taught us anything, its that the scariest solo player option is often the mage with a pet.
    Or a Bard with movement speed buffs that can charm high level monsters.  :p
    Like I said: Mage with a pet. How the caster gets the pet is immaterial.
  • Mage/ranger I am thinking with a lot of hyperbole here, but how cool would it be to see a player in light/medium armor with no visible weapons until he mumbles a few words and makes some gestures and a bow appears in his hands, next think you know a bolt of light is streaking at you that freezes you to the ground on contact.

I may not play one, but I might die watching somebody else
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Lythawan said:
    Vunak said:
    Lythawan said:
    If the old games taught us anything, its that the scariest solo player option is often the mage with a pet.
    Or a Bard with movement speed buffs that can charm high level monsters.  :p
    Like I said: Mage with a pet. How the caster gets the pet is immaterial.
    summoner is love necromancer is unlife ^^
  • Lusiphur said:
    Mage/ranger I am thinking with a lot of hyperbole here, but how cool would it be to see a player in light/medium armor with no visible weapons until he mumbles a few words and makes some gestures and a bow appears in his hands, next think you know a bolt of light is streaking at you that freezes you to the ground on contact.

I may not play one, but I might die watching somebody else
    if I can make basically a magic ranger with conjured weapons I would def consider it for an alt, your description is very enticing 
  • I have always loved Warlocks
  • The ability to combine the powers of the arcane, with the abilities of a summoner, are too strong of an aphrodisiac to ignore.  Though, the lure of combining the arcane, with the divine, is almost equally as strong. 

The strongest of all, however, is the divine art, coalesced with a the power of a summoner....down that path is TRUTH.
  • Necromancers man... Need some good ones.
  • The strongest of all, however, is the divine art, coalesced with a the power of a summoner....down that path is TRUTH.
    ANGEL SUMMONER!!!
  • Atama said:
    The strongest of all, however, is the divine art, coalesced with a the power of a summoner....down that path is TRUTH.
    ANGEL SUMMONER!!!
    Oh that would be great I mean we have a warlock so why not add archon summoners ^^
  • Not normally a mage type, but after watching the latest combat video, I'd pick the one that turned themselves into a shrub in the middle of a battle! :LOL:
  • I am Roger, the Shrubber!
  • dmgavin said:
    Not normally a mage type, but after watching the latest combat video, I'd pick the one that turned themselves into a shrub in the middle of a battle! :LOL:
    Bush mage FTW!!!
  • Warlock babeeee
  • if i can get some information on mage/summoner i would so focus on that. i love being a mage in every mmo i play in, and the ability to summon... oh my jesus!!!!! just sounds amazing. someone be my healer <3 hahahaha
  • Mage/Rogue?  Would you have poison bolts of magic??  Or instead of a fireball it would be a poisonous gas cloud?

• Mage ranger and having ability like frost arrows would be just cool :D
  • mage tank all day ery day.
  • My 2nd character will most likely be a Bard//Mage
  • I have a funny feeling a Mage/Tank is going be tough as nails and especially good at CC. Lock em down, let your allies wreck em.
  • It’s a close tie between mage/mage and mage/ranger for me!! 
  • Time to summon children of the night

• drdebica said:
    Time to summon children of the night

oh what music they make
  • nagash said:
    drdebica said:
    Time to summon children of the night

oh what music they make
    BONgos
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    As much as I feel like I should go Mage/Mage for the power, Summoner is just too much fun. If I can't summon undead I'm no longer interested, though. Mage/Rogue would be pretty cool too. Invisible mage, yo.
  • deciding between an archwizard (mage/mage) and a warlock (mage/summoner) :)
  • Jokuc said:
    As much as I feel like I should go Mage/Mage for the power, Summoner is just too much fun. If I can't summon undead I'm no longer interested, though. Mage/Rogue would be pretty cool too. Invisible mage, yo.
    I see you also like dead people ^^
  • I don't plan to main a mage but Mage/Summoner probably will have more synergy than other combos. 
  • nagash said:
    Jokuc said:
    More Necromancer = more undead
    More undead = more dead to make undead
    More dead to make undead = more happy Necromancer
    More happy Necromancer = more angry mob
    More angry mob = more undead
  • drdebica said:
    nagash said:
    Jokuc said:
    More Necromancer = more undead
    More undead = more dead to make undead
    More dead to make undead = more happy Necromancer
    More happy Necromancer = more angry mob
    More angry mob = more undead
    Undead = Happy Nagash 
  • Because I loves me a good battle mage.  I also really think the mage\ranger and the mage\rogue could be a lot of fun.