Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Server Wars

So every six months (this can be shortened or lengthened) the top 100 pvpers (this can also be increased or shortened) from 5 individual servers will be invited to participate in a server war.

What you guys think?

Rewards : 
 - idk help me think of some ^_^!

Comments

• sounds fun. Not sure how it'd be implemented but i can't think of any downsides off the top of my head
  • the devs already say that arena will be cross severs so i dont see the point for top pvps player , guild vs guild cross sever sound more fun 
  • EQ 1 did a Best of the Best Class based arena tournaments from cross servers. It was pretty epic. 
  • Dragnon said:
    EQ 1 did a Best of the Best Class based arena tournaments from cross servers. It was pretty epic. 
    I remember that, like in 2000? My poor computer at the time. I think I had like 1 frame per 15 seconds.. So many people showed up. At the time I had a parallel port dial up 28.8kbs modem.. haha
  • I think a Server vs Server mechanic could easily be put together.

• It would hold the ultimate bragging rights if you did become the number one server 
  • Well that's one way to find out who is the very best player, but it would be more interesting top guild of the srevers batteling one another's
  • nagash said:
    It would hold the ultimate bragging rights if you did become the number one server 
    You already know you can't beat me so settle in that no.2 spot ;)
  • nagash said:
    It would hold the ultimate bragging rights if you did become the number one server 
    You already know you can't beat me so settle in that no.2 spot ;)
    You would never beat my underlings so how would you ever beat me?
  • I'm all for finding out who the top players are although the way the classes will be designed may decide that. I'd be for more up for finding out who the best EU/NA guilds are when pitted against each other. It could be like AFC v NFC and then Superbowl!! :D
  • Watt said:
    the devs already say that arena will be cross severs so i dont see the point for top pvps player , guild vs guild cross sever sound more fun

Thats my thing the arenas will decide the top players from their servers.

However the server wars will give the top 100 players from eac server to team up and fight for bragging rights and/or other rewards.

Arenas= small scale pvp
    Castle siege (same server)= large scale pvp
    Server war= large scale pvp however only the elite (top 100) are invited
  • How can a war between servers be explained by lore? Right now the arena battleground is explained as being far back in time.. great..great..great..great..great.. back in time..
    In the current play-time-period each server is the same world, same planet.. Server names are just meta for out of game reference.. How can Lore have them cross?
    If there is a way to really pull it off lore wise, then I guess it would be cool.
  • Two servers enter one server leaves
  • Ohh like the Tournament of Power from Dragonball Supers.. The loosing universe.. is deleted..
  • Shoklen said:
    Ohh like the Tournament of Power from Dragonball Supers.. The loosing universe.. is deleted..
    Not that drastic but yeah maybe lore-wise we know there are parallel universes?