Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Flying mount question

Would it possible for us to get the flying mount but when the time ends we keep the mount as a ground mount?
This would be a way to still enjoy such a great mount and not have it just randomly disappear. When we get the drop again we get the flying time for the mount we own. That would be great. 

Comments

• They already have mounts with wings that will "glide" and hover slightly above the ground. Those with true flight will be owned by 0.001% of the server at any one time once fully developed with 5 metros and all 5 pvp castles occupied. There will be occasional timed eggs that will make the count go up. But no one keeps their mount. Once they lose their castle, or mayorship, or their egg drop mount dies, they done.
    Image result for ashes of creation flying mount image
  • If you are hoping for having a dragon to keep around at all times, then just like me you might be extremely disappointed that no one can truly OWN a flying mount.
  • Dragons are like cats. You don't own a cat, you know a cat.
  • Dragons are like cats. You don't own a cat, you know a cat.
    That's strangely true 
  • Dogs have a masters
    cats have a service staff
  • nagash said:
    Dragons are like cats. You don't own a cat, you know a cat.
    That's strangely true 
    Yep just ask mine!
  • They already have mounts with wings that will "glide" and hover slightly above the ground. Those with true flight will be owned by 0.001% of the server at any one time once fully developed with 5 metros and all 5 pvp castles occupied. There will be occasional timed eggs that will make the count go up. But no one keeps their mount. Once they lose their castle, or mayorship, or their egg drop mount dies, they done.
    Image result for ashes of creation flying mount image
    Can some1 link an old animated show with dragons and dragon riders? 
    I just had a flashback
  • To be honest this kind of makes sense actually. Instead of it "dying/giving it up the the next in line" the dragon just loses the ability of flight/combat.
    Looking at >>typical<< lore surrounding dragons they usually fly through magical assistance since they are way to massive to get their weight into the air, let alone fly.
    So just to humour this fantasy, let's say castles as well as metropolises had a device that gathers enough magic for them to take flight, loosing access to it robs them of their ability to fly.

I'm just bringing it up as a means of showing off past achievments really. there was a lot done for it after all. To earn it a one month lease just sounds a little... cheap to be honest. (and no the random drop would not be included)
  • Hummm, I like the idea of only being able to use flying mounts occasionally. It makes the experience of flying way more special and cool.