Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Invert y axis

I was wondering if one of you stress testers could verify if there's an invert y axis option and/or someone could point me to an official confirmation such an option will exist. I know it seems obvious there will be one, but...for example, Archeage didn't have one. 30+ years gaming my mind can handle the adjustment.

Thanks.

Comments

• There was a 'mouse invert' option that inverted both the x and y axis.  For me the left/right invert made it unplayable.  I hope they separate the two as I need the y axis invert too, the muscle memory makes it hard to retrain.
  • Soon™
  • tagee said:
    There was a 'mouse invert' option that inverted both the x and y axis.  For me the left/right invert made it unplayable.  I hope they separate the two as I need the y axis invert too, the muscle memory makes it hard to retrain.
    Thanks for the response. Yeah, combining them is odd, and hopefully they'll fix that. I too need invert y axis option. 
  • Pretty sure they will change that, though I do wonder how people can play with any sort of inversion :/
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Yes, inverted Y as an option is a must!

Pretty sure they will change that, though I do wonder how people can play with any sort of inversion :/
    Have you ever played a flight simulator? Pull lever back, nose goes up. So, obviously this means that when you pull the mouse back towards you, the crosshair goes up. Simple!  ;)
  • But wait oddman said:

Pretty sure they will change that, though I do wonder how people can play with any sort of inversion :/
    Have you ever played a flight simulator? Pull lever back, nose goes up. So, obviously this means that when you pull the mouse back towards you, the crosshair goes up. Simple!  ;)
    But that's the normal way... inversion is when you push the mouse away from you and your crosshair goes up towards the top of the screen.
  • But wait oddman said:

But that's the normal way... inversion is when you push the mouse away from you and your crosshair goes up towards the top of the screen.
    What you're describing is when it's not inverted. Inverted means you push the mouse forward and you look down. You pull back on the mouse and you look up. Just like how your actual head works.
  • @Drokk , I'm with you on this one.  I'm old school as well and because of flight sims from way back or just the way my brain like it, invert Y is a must.

As of tonight's test (Oct 13), there is an invert mouse feature, but it's still BROKEN.

It inverts the X-axis instead of the Y-axis, whereas in a previous test it inverted both.  Hopefully they get this right soon so I can actually play this without my vertical look being all over the place.
  • I agree. After 30+ years of playing with the inverted mouse I can't easily play with it not inverted. I was invited to the test this weekend (Oct 19-21) and the invert mouse only effected the X axis and not the Y. Wasn't really worth trying since this test was all about action combat and not being able to control things like my brain works made it not fun. 

On a related note, I also thought it was dumb that I could only change settings from the lobby. I could open the settings page while in game but I couldn't change anything. 
  • As a temp work around - you could invert the mouse in windows right before loading the game? Not perfect.. but could help.