Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Corruption immunity gear

Don't know if some of you picked up on this but the fact that jeff said that there will be armor (upper body) will grant immunity to corruption will drastically change PVP for those who like this system of gameplay (makes me happy)! What do you all think? heres this link, about 23.33 minutes of the latest stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DABir_vvMfY

Comments

• not sure if taking things out of context on purpose(trolling), or you really didn't understand what they were talking about.

It was immunity to the corruption storm in the current test environment for a few seconds, not the corruption in the released game that you get as punishment for killing non combatants.
  • Corruption in this context being the corruption storm that makes the map smaller and smaller. You won't get an item in the release to ignore the corruption mechanic, it's there for a reason^^
  • Hmm, I smell (weird) let people judge for themselves, I provided a link clearly from my point of you jeff discussing about armor perks and their benefits. Hope Jeff clarifies ASAP .. but I know what he said and theres the proof.. I dont know how you got form proof to troll LOL
  • Trolling:
    omg Steven said the word P2W a few times in the livestream P2W confirmed!!!!!!
    Here is the proof links to literally any of the hundreds of times he has talked about P2W.
    Trolling END;

Proof needs context to work @Valerian

• Maybe it is a subtle troll on the "We will find and squash loopholes!" answer. Yet another one who thinks they are going to cut their own nuts off by allowing people to gank freely.
  • Valerian said:
    but I know what he said and theres the proof..
    He did say that. And Steven also prefaced the section about weapons and armor with "In this mode". Considering they've stated that the whole corruption system is to deter random ganking I don't think they'll have anything ingame that grants immunity to player corruption. Specifically player corruption as corruption is also the calamity that led people to flee verra. Corruption could end up being an environment hazard in the full game much like the BR circle in A1.
  • Blinks, yawns and exits post.
  • You won't be getting an item that ignores the corruption mechanic in the RPG - PVP.

They that item was created it would just further reduce the pool of players who would be willing to play.

Which has already been reduced on a number of occasions already as new mechanics, game-play styles, etc get announced.

Steven has said in the past that Ashes won't be for everyone, but it has to be "for enough" people that it is economically viable.

Although the game has non-consensual open world PvP in it, the corruption mechanic is one that allows "carebears" to smile inside when they force feed (aka Karma bomb) gankers.

Taking that way would make the "carebears" less likely to play.   
  • If they really jumped out with a stunt like that it would be bigger than the whole my.com affair.
  • This isn't about me, in fact i welcome corruption system, iv'e posted on this topic before. It's what has been said in the stream.
    Well maybe the gear is extremely rare or it doesn't give total immunity but mitigates corruption. It just came off like jeff is describing what armor can give as bonus.
  • Valerian said:
    This isn't about me, in fact i welcome corruption system, iv'e posted on this topic before. It's what has been said in the stream.
    Well maybe the gear is extremely rare or it doesn't give total immunity but mitigates corruption. It just came off like jeff is describing what armor can give as bonus.

Yeah, it is a bonus in the BR mode.

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Yes. Around 21:25 they mentioned that they were talking about armor/weapon abilities for ARENA MODE. 
  • I though they disabled the corruption system in the stress test for alpha1? It's easy to misread what he meant .
  • Valerian said:
    I though they disabled the corruption system in the stress test for alpha1? It's easy to misread what he meant .
    They haven't disabled it so much, more that it isn't finished and wasn't needed for a BR. Corruption/flagging system will make its debut in A1P2 when it is needed for open world progression testing.
  • Valerian said:
    I though they disabled the corruption system in the stress test for alpha1? It's easy to misread what he meant .
    There are 2 kinds of corruption. Player corruption, which you gain by killing noncombatants, and the cataclysmic corruption in-universe that made everyone leave verra which is portrayed in A1 as the battle royale circle of doom.