Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Would you care if exclusive cosmetics became available in game?

There are cosmetics now that we can never get, if you were too slow to buy them.
Would you be against those items being sold in the cash shop or in game as rare drops at some point.

Comments

• Yes. I'd rather the scarcity of cosmetics give people semi unique looks.

Your choices are very skewed to the views you hold. 
  • Greygoose said:
    Yes. I'd rather the scarcity of cosmetics give people semi unique looks.

Your choices are very skewed to the views you hold. 

The idea what everyone would look the same if all people have access to the same things is flawed.
    Take any MMO ever made with cosmetics or trasmogs, no one ever looks the same.
    As long as fashion preference exists, people will rarely if ever look the same to such an extent that it would ever be noticeable.
    Exclusive items are a bane for me, so yes I'm biased.
  • Nice biased troll poll. The things marked exclusive and the cosmetics sold monthly before release are just that. Intrepid would release a PR nightmare if they were to offer them again. More than 40k people have bought packages with cosmetics on the promise that "If you don't buy em now, you will never see them again." I know it hurts you physically that you won't be able to get certain things due to timing or funds, but look at it this way, if those people hadn't backed the Kickstarter/Summer backing, and others hadn't almost matched that once again through package sales on the website, you would be getting a much more bare-bones game release come 2020. Because if people knew that they would be able to buy the lifetime sub or exclusive cosmetics or other one time offers later, they would have said "Why give them money now, I will wait till the game is released, and then buy it once I see it, rather than take a risk on some shiny UE4 videos."
  • People wouldn't care at all if the cosmetics were released, not if they took a moment to really think about it.
    People didn't back the game because of mount skins and outfits.
    Making items exclusive is such a silly thing that should not exist in games.
    How could anyone possibly care if people can buy someone you bought a year before.
    Does the game change in any way because some guy has the same camel mount you've had for a year and never use anyway.
    This attitude of "I don't want anyone to have something I have" is petty in my opinion.
  • I think what's petty is wanting a company to break policies, and costumer trust so you can get something you missed on.
  • You can think it is petty. I think that a company lying to me repeatedly to cashgrab my money to fund development with false statements to be more of thing I won't put up with, than feeling compassion for the johnny-come-lately crowd and the poors.
  • I'm not answering your poll. 3 no options, and the only yes option resulting in removing the cosmetics if we say yes.

GG troll.
  • Why not just make a poll with a yes or no? This poll is a mess. There are 3 x No's, and 1 x Yes. Bias a poll much?
  • This feels like yet another post having a temper tantrum about missing out on things. Very disappointing.

Are there cosmetics I missed out on?  Yes, but I understand that they should not be coming back.

Based on IntrepidStudios past events I would not be surprised if similar items come back with different colors. But I will not be complaining if they don’t. 
  • As a troll myself I find this offensive, you're not even trying. It's embarrassing. 
  • Especially in a game like this where decisions matter and everyone is getting a different view of the game, i think exclusive items is a great thing. It really goes along with everything they said about servers and even players in different nodes will have different experiences and such.
  • You can take my exclusive cosmetics from my cold undead hands 

• I think having cosmetic value tied to longevity and dedication is a big plus in MMOs, especially ones that intertwine heavily with the community and peer-to-peer collaboration. It's cosmetics. It's supposed to look unique, defining, and yes it's a fashion statement. With so many people in MMO's the need for diverse looks is pretty underrated, obviously seen with this poll
  • nagash said:
    You can take my exclusive cosmetics from my cold undead hands 

aw man I wish I could both like and lol
  • Santy182 said:
    nagash said:
    You can take my exclusive cosmetics from my cold undead hands 

aw man I wish I could both like and lol
    Just knowing you liked it is enough for me ^^
  • HorseMan said:
    I think having cosmetic value tied to longevity and dedication is a big plus in MMOs, especially ones that intertwine heavily with the community and peer-to-peer collaboration. It's cosmetics. It's supposed to look unique, defining, and yes it's a fashion statement. With so many people in MMO's the need for diverse looks is pretty underrated, obviously seen with this poll
    Someone with sense. 
    I wish people could understand how it's better never to remove content. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    HorseMan said:
    I think having cosmetic value tied to longevity and dedication is a big plus in MMOs, especially ones that intertwine heavily with the community and peer-to-peer collaboration. It's cosmetics. It's supposed to look unique, defining, and yes it's a fashion statement. With so many people in MMO's the need for diverse looks is pretty underrated, obviously seen with this poll
    Someone with sense. 
    yeah I mean it's not like people spent money on these as they were advertised as exclusive. its completely selfish of us to want what we paid for
  • nagash said:
    HorseMan said:
    Someone with sense. 
    yeah I mean it's not like people spent money on these as they where advertised as exclusive 
    If you already own them, why does it matter if someone else can buy them also. 
    Why does a cosmetic item, that adds little to nothing to the game need to be exclusive? 
  • nagash said:
    HorseMan said:
    Someone with sense. 
    yeah I mean it's not like people spent money on these as they where advertised as exclusive 
    If you already own them, why does it matter if someone else can buy them also. 
    Why does a cosmetic item, that adds little to nothing to the game need to be exclusive? 
    If that's the case why sell it for real money at all? you need a way to sell items and exclusive work best at that. If you wanted to have these items then you should have bought them your self earlier 
  • Thats why you need exclusive cosmetic that can only be earned in game +
    exclusive cosmetic that only appears in the cash shop.
    If people are paying for the privilege of cosmetics...why should they then be made free at a later date ?
    If people use extensive in game effort for the privilege of cosmetics...why should they then be made effortless to obtain ?

Exclusivity isnt the problem. Ensuring exclusivity is equal in the cash shop or in the game is.

• you are right @Rune_Relic the best way to make  both sides happy is for intrepid to make items in-game as good as items from the cash shop that way you can still look stunning 
  • I don't care who has what I have, but if something was sold as exclusive, it should remain so. It really is simple lol.
  • Many people like exclusivity and specifically shop for limited edition products because they know they will be one of the few owning that sweater or watch or whatever.

Limited edition marketing is the strategy that Intrepid went for; and "producing" more of a limited-edition product that's already "exhausted" only spits on the face of the costumers that already trusted them. It speaks bad about the brand. It’s, in the long run only Bad for their name. A company that can't be trusted will go bankrupt.

This strategy exists in every industry, gaming, car manufacturing, clothes, watches, even food.

It creates scarcity boosting demand, and at the same time forces the company to stay creative and come up with new different/better designs to keep their new customers happy, it's a win-win.  I don't see people rioting outside Ford demanding they bring back the limited-edition Ford Mustang Cobra or outside Chevrolet for them to bring back the Corvette Z06 Carbon Limited Edition. Because: "I didn't get to buy it" Boohoo.

People gets over it, they know the future will bring more limited-edition products that may even be better than previous ones or that there will be non-limited-edition products that are just as good, just a slightly different color (Already confirmed by Steven on multiple occasions).

So, they think, why would I pay the over inflated price of a limited-edition product when they can get the same enjoyment out of a non-limited edition slightly lighter version of the same product for half or 1/10th of the price. They know better than to go around demanding this companies smear their reputation to heal their broken hearts. Because they Understand it’s not worth it.

Right now, you don’t have any in game items to compare them with, so I understand why you would think this item are Amazeballs, but I trust Steven when he says the game will offer comparable, slightly different color cosmetics as boss drops, or profession crafts. I would not be surprised to find better versions of something like the protector’s armor in game available at the end of an epic quest. And if the game doesn’t offer these, then the game will decline, people will leave, and it will probably fail, and you will be glad you didn’t spend 100$ in limited edition cosmetics.

• If they're marketed as exclusive, they need to remain exclusive.
    Offering a similar cosmetic is probably OK.
  • This is a very biased poll

In any case anything listed as exclusive or limited time should be just that I haven't bought any skins yet altho I kinda wish I'd gotten the first necro themed one and I'm debating on the current one, only thing holding me back is thinking there might be something cool for Halloween, I still don't want to see them bring any of the past skins back and I hope they keep releasing limited time exclusives even after the game come out.

I mean in a game where they are going to potentially have one of a kind items the reality is no one is going to be able to get everything anyway and while some don't like limited time or exclusive skins I would guess just as many do its something I miss in games that don't have them even if from time to time I'm like man I wish I'd been around to get that. 

• I am not going answer this biased poll. BUT what I will do is say that I fully support Intrepid on following through with promises. If they billed something as exclusive it better damn well remain exclusive. If that means I don't get some cool doodad, then boohoo to me. Intrepid honoring their word is far, FAR more important than some rando getting some l33t l00t.

Anyway, that is enough negativity from me. How ya'll doing? Who here going to strut around with their fancy cosmetic items come game day? I don't have any of that KS stuff, myself, but I'm looking forward to seeing y'all showing off.
  • Items being labeled as exclusive should not return imo. Only being able to choose between 1 out of 4 choices, because I am of the opinion that exclusive items should not return, leaving me with sounding like an ass because I had no other option to pick from is kinda meh, and seems pretty biased.
  • Last thing I would want is to spend my hard earned dollars on some cosmetics then see someone in-game with said cosmetic who didn't pay for it and just played the waiting game.
    edited September 2018
    Not going to vote.. But I can see it both ways, so I guess I'm on the fence? Exclusivity is exclusivity.. I'm all for that... I can also see some of the cosmetics being released in some rare fashion within the game itself (in my opinion)..
    As a past 3d artist myself.. Designs, and asset creation takes time and for only a handful of people to utilize said asset is kind of a waste of development time. I have the sneaking suspicion that we will indeed see these assets recycled; perhaps slightly different, perhaps a different texture or color..
    edited September 2018
    lol the bias is real with this poll

If the devs promise pre-order exclusives are just that - exclusives - they shouldn't just give the finger to these people later on and go back on their word. If there's a certain cosmetic in the pre-orders a ton of people want (I really really want the Necro costume :( ), they can make a similar skin, but I do not think it's the right approach to give in to people nagging for it.