Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What would be your choice regarding a Mage.

13»

Comments

• nagash said:
    drdebica said:
    nagash said:
    Jokuc said:
    As much as I feel like I should go Mage/Mage for the power, Summoner is just too much fun. If I can't summon undead I'm no longer interested, though. Mage/Rogue would be pretty cool too. Invisible mage, yo.
    I see you also like dead people ^^
    More Necromancer = more undead
    More undead = more dead to make undead
    More dead to make undead = more happy Necromancer
    More happy Necromancer = more angry mob
    More angry mob = more undead
    Undead = Happy Nagash 
    Quite weird that you can even display emotions such as happiness, I thought you are a dried up husk at this point.
  • nagash said:
    drdebica said:
    nagash said:
    Jokuc said:
    As much as I feel like I should go Mage/Mage for the power, Summoner is just too much fun. If I can't summon undead I'm no longer interested, though. Mage/Rogue would be pretty cool too. Invisible mage, yo.
    I see you also like dead people ^^
    More Necromancer = more undead
    More undead = more dead to make undead
    More dead to make undead = more happy Necromancer
    More happy Necromancer = more angry mob
    More angry mob = more undead
    Undead = Happy Nagash 
    Quite weird that you can even display emotions such as happiness, I thought you are a dried up husk at this point.
    Oh come on now what's the point of world domination if you cant enjoy the little things 
  • Glass cannon mage all the way.
  • Seaber said:
    You're not a real mage unless you're a mage/mage.
  • Battlemages are an underrated class. What will you "pure" mages do when you run out of mana?
  • I feel like if I'm going Mage first I'll stick with magic. So either Mage + summoner, cleric or mage. But I'm more interested in Fighter + Mage, but probably summoner 
  • Xeaned said:
    Battlemages are an underrated class. What will you "pure" mages do when you run out of mana?
    That's why you have minions ^^
  • nagash said:
    Xeaned said:
    Battlemages are an underrated class. What will you "pure" mages do when you run out of mana?
    That's why you have minions ^^
    Got me there. Guess I'll have to wait until their minute duration expires. :D
  • spellhunter (mage+ranger) sounds cool, maybe like firing elemental arrows? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Mage/Cleric 
    Because sustain :)
  • Seeing as how i have no idea (i assume like everyone?) How any of the class combos will work, i have no idea what i would try. 
  • Seeing as how i have no idea (i assume like everyone?) How any of the class combos will work, i have no idea what i would try. 
    The plan the devs are going with is that you have your primary class base skills, and when you choose your secondary class, you get to augment those skills. For instance, say that your primary class is Fighter, meaning that you will get a Rush ability to close gaps. If you chose a mage as your secondary, you could augment that Rush into a mage-like teleport instead.
  • ***Reckless Speculation***
    Maybe we only get 1 hotbar for all our skills, but you have to earn more skill slots.  Start with 2 or 3 skills that take all your slots, than you learn a couple more but have no place to put them until you earn more slots.

Or, maybe you have enough slots but no skills to put in them plus it has always bothered me that because I use a different weapon I forget how to do something.  Let me switch weapons as I click the skill, put a pause if I go from sword to spellbook, longer pause if I have to put 2 daggers away to get out my staff.

A great player with good positioning and timing that only has 5 skills will still do better in combat than a poor player with all the skills.
  • My choice was Mage/cleric simply because I think it could be pretty useful to heal others and support them on battlefield or just have a buff or two available to me at any time. Overall I see it as something that can be used as a trump card in case of an emergency and such.